Code of Conduct

Default Gurus,please help me on this

1.please reccommend a very powerful and easy to find fragrance that gives this sort of TINGLING PRICKY, SHARP sensation to the nose,that is also a sillage monster.i don't know how to explain it but i wish you guys would understand what i'm trying to say.I smell it on people and love it,and all the few fragrances i have tried do not project that way.

2.please reccomend a very powerful long-lasting and easy to find fragrance that fills a room instantly and leaves a trail in the room or hall even after the wearer has left.a costomer came to my office two days ago and his fragrance filled the hall,and was still there like three to five minuites after he was gone.The ones i have used that some basenoters said would give this effect but didnt are:Terre d hermes,Polo green,Pacco Rabbane black XS.these three just stay close to the skin and i can't persive it after sometime.

I will be very happy if i could get good recommendations for these two categories i have stated

Default Re: Gurus,please help me on this

I'm not a guru, but try Le Male ... well, you don't have to be a guru to suggest this, I think. Le Male on the right guy is still catchy, although it is common, though less so recently. The crowd has moved on, I think.

Sur la Plage

For No 1, I would say L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme. I find it quite sharp, but not in a good way to me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Both sound like Azzaro Chrome, liberally applied.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Maybe Fahrenheit?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Maybe Fahrenheit?
    Good call

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Good call
    wow! tank you all for your responses.i appreciate

@perfaddict and bradw,
    is ferenheit for no1 no2 or both?

would appreciate more suggestions.
    thanx all.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandbull View Post
    ...is ferenheit for no1 no2 or both?...
    Both, IMO.

#BBOG!

Farenheit can rot teeth at fifty paces so I would agree that that is probably the culprit.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

For 1, I think you need to tell us if it is a strong wood note or something else. The other possibility is violet leaf, as in Grey Flannel.

For 2, I would suggest Pheromone for Men by Marylin Miglin.

@bigsly
    for (1) i dont mind the notes as long as it gives ths tingling sharp cripsy sensation to the olfalctory nerves,and it projects well and is as well a very potent cologne.
    For the pheromone for men,i'm so sure i can get it in my part of the world.so greatful for your suggestions,

Have you tried Green Irish Tweed? For me, this has the kind of sensation you mentioned, at least in the opening. Thus, I'm guessing it's violet leaf that you want a strong dose of for 1.

1. Joop!?

2. Kouros or Aramis, liberally applied, should do the trick.

1- makes me think of a sharp lavender

Blog Entries

It depends upon where you are located, but my vote would go to perfaddict's first suggestion: Chrome. I encounter it much more often than Fahrenheit, and as he said, liberally applied it fits both of your criteria.

Hillaire

1. PG Querelle

2. Rive Gauche PH

Different people have different skin chemistry. Some people (like myself) have extremely dry skin and even strong fragrances applied liberally stay close to the skin and have abysmal silage. Perhaps you should invest in some unscented body butter and rub this on the areas of your skin where you intend on applying your fragrance. According to Patrick on YouTube, it's quite effective.

a*men?

you guys are simply wonderful.thanx for your responses,at least i now know that violet notes in a fragrance gives this effect.
    I have used amen too.it does not give this effect.i have also tested joop and kouros too.they fall short too.
    Thank you guys.more suggestions please.

i have also tested joop and kouros too.they fall short too.
    Thank you guys.more suggestions please.
    If Joop! and Kouros fall short then there is nowhere left to go....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Have you tried both together!)

@derbyman,
    i mean,they dont give that tingling sensation i'm talking about,they didnt last on me as other people talk.i dont like their smell either.i want a cologne that would fill everywhere,that would make people say wow,this is a powerful cologne like they did when someone walked into my office earlier this week.i wasnt the only one that comented.the fragrance was still present after he was gone.more suggestions please,of such fragarance that is easy to get too.

Hi dandbull - I see what you mean now! My suggestions would be the following:

Lapidus Pour Homme - very powerful - lots of projection & sillage
    Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men - exceptionally powerful & long lasting - you will leave a cloud of fragrance with this one!
    Sung Homme - Again, very strong, long lasting and lots of sillage
    Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme - More contemporary and sweeter than the above - another powerhouse fragrance
    Bond No.9 New Haarlem - Very expensive smelling gourmand with coffee and patchouli heart - clouds of sillage!

Hope one of these fits the bill!

try chanel platinum egoiste

but what you want I'm afraid may be gourmand stuff.

blenheim bouquet and Douro by penhaligons offer that sharp zing you're looking for..

come to think of it, you may well be talking about aldehydes.

thanx,all.
    @derbyman,thanx for your contribution.would have wanted some common names though.my problem is that the fragrances that i can get here are those from the more popular designers.i wish i could order them online but you will hardly find any of these shops that would want to ship to nigeria,so i am limited to the ones i can find in shops around here.not so much varieties like you guys overseas

1. Platinum Egoiste, Boss Elements, Perry Ellis 360, Herrera Chic and Sergio Tacchini Stile and his last aquatic all do tingly things to my nose. But they're not that popular, so I doubt that they're the scent you've been smelling on others. Also, plenty of cheap and nasty scents have some tingle to them too.

2. Joop Homme is the ultimate sillage monster. Other strong contenders include Aramis, Lagerfeld's Photo, Opium, Dali's Laguna, L'Eau D'Issey, A*men, Bogart PH, Sung Homme, Azzaro Chrome. And there are plenty of woody, leathery and oriental scents - mainly from the 70s, 80s and 90s - that with a bit of over application will give you a 10 foot radius aura as well. Only problem is reformulation. For example, six sprays of Lanvin L'Homme used to pretty much over power anything within range. But my newest bottle is pretty tame compared to my old one. Same story with Quorum.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 6th August 2010 at 03:01 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Joop, Kouros and Polo original fell short?? Dude, are you sure you're not hyposmic or olfactorily fatigued? You might want to have your nose tested before you activate the HazMat team by accident.

Hi dandbull - Yeah, I understand you're limited in what you can have shipped to Nigeria - didn't realise that was your location! perfaddict who replied earlier in the thread is located in Lagos (and he's a bona fide Powerhouse Guru!) so he may be able to offer advice on where to obtain some of the more obscure fragrances. Good luck in your search.

I find it a bit difficult to really understand both factors you're looking for. "Tingling, prickly sharp" could be said of a lot of fragrances I think, but my guess is you have something more specific in mind related to the notes. What you will probably need to do is sample some of the suggestions here.

As for a room filling sillage scent, MALLE NOIR EPICES is very, very strong. But as Diamondflame said, if JOOP, KOUROS and POLO aren't loud enough for you, not sure what would be. Also, are you sure you want to be the guy who is a walking cologne bomb?

I'm not judging you- we all hit the juice pretty hard from time to time, but if you find those scents too weak, it's pretty tough to come up with any that are louder.

"tingling, prickly sharp":

Acier Aluminium (well, at first it singes the nose-hairs, but it softens considerably on the drydown)
    Rive Gauche
    Cypres Musc
    Kouros

#1. Bond no 9 - Silver Factory and Creed SMW do sharp tingling things to my nose. So much so that I can't enjoy them. Actually, I get this from a lot of Creeds, but none to the degree of SMW.

#2. Search the forum for "powerhouse", pick a winner and over apply. ;-)

The loudest fragrance I can think of is Black Aoud.

Quote Originally Posted by supperman View Post
    The loudest fragrance I can think of is Black Aoud.

Yep. 8-10 sprays should do the trick.

+1 Kouros and L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme, neither of which I care for, both of which match that description. Are you sure you didn't try Body Kouros though? Kouros usually knocks people out! You may also wanna consider Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills. Very very sharp strong opening with huge projection. Quorum too for that matter..

@saripate,
    I tink you might be correct with the aldehyde you suggested.i read up some stuff here on perfs containin aldehyde and the xteristics fited what i am looking for in (1).please recomend frags dat have dis in high doses.
    @derbyman you'r too much.tanx for your contributions.

@renato,tanx for ur wonderful recomendations

@perfadict; its nice to know there's a perf guru from my country.please where in Lag can one get genuine perfs as well as all these obscure ones like black aoud and the likes?would be very grateful if you could help me out.

@all,
    You guys are simply wonderful.i never tought i would get all these response.thank you.

"TINGLING PRICKY, SHARP " I think is helpful for this detective work, but please try to at least narrow it down to a category...aquatic...spicy...flowery...sweet -- even if it is in your own words. We need more clues before taking an educated guess.

Luckily, math is on your side. MOST people are going to wear what they find in MOST retail stores. Also, sales associates are pretty good at "sizing up" a potential customer, so giving us demographic information may help. For example, if he was young, perhaps they pushed an aquatic.

Vetiver is a note that strikes me as prickly or sharp. Could be Guerlain's Vetiver.

perfaddict,
    please where can i get genuine perfs and these obscure (eg,black aoud montale) or not so common perfs in lagos?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

perfaddict,
    please where can i get genuine perfs and these obscure (eg,black aoud montale) or not so common perfs in lagos?
    Sent you a PM.

#BBOG!

It was probably LeMale. And I suspect LeMale because the people that I smell LeMale on seem to overspray it to where the sillage is very strong, and you smell them moments before they're within touching distance.

Smile Re: Gurus,please help me on this

Try Fahrenheit 32.Its ,,pricking" my nose so much that I gived the bottle away to my son.The sillage is great and it has nothing to do with the original.It fits in your description.Just try it!