Code of Conduct

Question Highschool Fragrances

Hey eveyone im going into sophmore year in highschool and need some fragrances for fall winter and spring and Dances (already have a summer). First off i just want to make it clear i already have hollister and please dont reccomend abercrombie or pacsun because i want some higher quality fragrances. I've never smelled Paco Robanne Black x's but ive heard its pretty good. I've had a whiff of ysl lhomme and loved it and have heard great things about la nuit de lhomme but dont know if its to sophisticated for someone my age. I've also heard good reviews of gucci pour homme 2 but i dont think im going to get it because i have limited cash and dont want to spend a lot of money on something that wont get noticed

Basically give me your honest opinions if you think certain fragrances would be too old for a highschooler. Also give me recommendations for Fall daily wear + Dances, Winter, and Spring. Thanks
    Last edited by goodcharlotte_fan13; 5th August 2010 at 04:46 PM.

Default Re: Highschool Fragrances

For fall daily wear on a budget, you really can't go wrong with Zirh Corduroy. I got a 4 ounce bottle at TJ Maxx fo about 13 dollars.
    Rochas Man would be great for those special dances. Check for minis online to save money!

Blog Entries

For a formal dance like prom, John Varvatos is my workhorse. That stuff is PERFECT for tuxs.

Less formal? Rochas Man, Givenchy Pi, 1 Million (coming out in september), possibly A*Men but i find it more casual, and Fierce (Abercrombie), but fierce is more well known, its pro is that girls almost literally drool over it for some reason lol. i know you said not to recommend it, but believe me, Fierce IS high quality and does something to girls that makes them all giddy

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Welcome on board ...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again,
    best fragrance for highschool aged folks is;

DUNE pour HOMME

... works for any occation!

Thanks for the recommendations yeah i might try fierce but its definately not going to be my future workhorse cus i dont want to smell like everyone else. The other ones you listed might be too sweet idk. Thanks though

Blog Entries

Oh definitely not, Fierce is way too generic. I find it pretty boring, a nice smell but boring. All I know is that stuff gets results so its not too bad to have in your arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Welcome on board ...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again,
    best fragrance for highschool aged folks is;

DUNE pour HOMME

... works for any occation!
    cool i checked some reviews on basenotes i might give it a try. Havn't seen it around though. And do you have any thoughts about black x's or la nuit de lhomme? or ysl lhomme

Blog Entries

I don't think you can go wrong with L'homme or La Nuit, especially if you already know you like them. L'Homme is very versatile. It would work in almost every occasion, and is a great daily use frag. I also don't think La Nuit is too mature for you. It's similar to L'homme, but less sweet and slightly more spicy. Could be a great evening/date/dance frag. Give it a shot.

Best of all, these two (as with most of the YSL's) are very reasonably priced AND great quality. Even though YSL isn't my personal favorite house, I do like L'Homme and La Nuit, and have to admit all of them are well made.

Marc Jacobs Bang (currently at bloomingdales only)

Mugler Cologne

Avoid anything being heavily marketed as everyone other person you meet will be wearing it. YSL L'Homme is nice but still commonplace. You may look at discounters for bargains.

Deauville by Michel Germain can be had in the U.S. for $12.99 and it's a nice tobacco floral. Fresh, but no commonplace. You can find this at TJ Maxx, Marshall's and other discounters.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    For a formal dance like prom, John Varvatos is my workhorse. That stuff is PERFECT for tuxs.

Less formal? Rochas Man, Givenchy Pi, 1 Million (coming out in september), possibly A*Men but i find it more casual, and Fierce (Abercrombie), but fierce is more well known, its pro is that girls almost literally drool over it for some reason lol. i know you said not to recommend it, but believe me, Fierce IS high quality and does something to girls that makes them all giddy
    Wait, I'm confused. The directory lists 1 Million as being out since 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by goodcharlotte_fan13 View Post
    cool i checked some reviews on basenotes i might give it a try. Havn't seen it around though. And do you have any thoughts about black x's or la nuit de lhomme? or ysl lhomme
    Cool, go for it ... it's not that hard to find, keep looking!

As for the other ones; I'm not that onto YSL, but La Nuit is nice,
    also for a high schooler. Black X, I haven't sniffed!

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. The directory lists 1 Million as being out since 2008?
    In Europe only until recently.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

in high school, u can never go wrong with abercrombie fierce.

For Fall and Winter daily wear you might try Burberry London, I also have to agree with Fierce suggestion. I am 27 and still wear this stuff from time to time and always get compliments on it. For dances and such I might try Le Male. I know I am hitting a lot of mainstream stuff but in High School I wouldn't mess with stuff to out there. Like A-men, I have it and I like it but I would not of worn this in high school. I really don't see the girls liking it too much as in my opinion it seems to old for high school.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    Like A-men, I have it and I like it but I would not of worn this in high school. I really don't see the girls liking it too much as in my opinion it seems to old for high school.
    I do, and i've found it depends on the girl really: its hit or COMPLETELY miss.
    Here's a list of what i've gotten from it:
    1. Mmmmmm
    2. Eww smells like pine sap (it was in the patchouli stage - my skin amplifies that note)
    3. Smells like cotton candy (this one made me chuckle)
    4. That smells SO good!
    5. Smells like...my grandma wears Angel and its like that
    6. I want Starbucks now
    7. What ARE you wearing?!

It's love or hate to the inexperienced noses as well. I think it really depends on the stage of the fragrance.

My skin also amplifies patchouli notes, when I wear A-men that is mainly all that projects it seems.

Yeah thanks for the recommendations everyone i dont think im gonna go with Angel A men i like it but wouldnt feel comfortable wearing it. Not just because of what others would think but also just my personal thoughts. As for Abercrombie Fierce i might get it but im definately getting others such as ysl lhomme first. I already have Hollister Jake which seems to get the job done like fierce would. So would la nuit de lhomme be to risky of a move to wear in the daytime or should i get normal lhomme since it can be Day and night. And also forgot to ask anyone have thoughts on Chanel Allure Sport!? i know its expensive but ive heard great things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by goodcharlotte_fan13 View Post
    And also forgot to ask anyone have thoughts on Chanel Allure Sport!?
    I love it, it's fresh and longlasting with great sillage.

Some ppl think it's no better that Axe, though,
    so you need to sample it first, to feel, if you
    think it smells cheap too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    For Fall and Winter daily wear you might try Burberry London, I also have to agree with Fierce suggestion. I am 27 and still wear this stuff from time to time and always get compliments on it. For dances and such I might try Le Male. I know I am hitting a lot of mainstream stuff but in High School I wouldn't mess with stuff to out there. Like A-men, I have it and I like it but I would not of worn this in high school. I really don't see the girls liking it too much as in my opinion it seems to old for high school.
    Thanks for the advice ill be sure to think about london im not sure if that'd be to mature or not. Ive noticed people on basenotes are definately more of risktakers when it comes to fragrances. But i trust your judgement because i agree with you on the A-men

Ill definately give chanel allure sport a try. And dyu know what the average price is on fragrance net or fragrancex? they dont show the prices because they're out of stock. And if i can't find fragrances for spring or something else ill just use fierce since its pretty versatile

If you like l'Homme Yves Saint Laurent , you should try the Bvlgari Colognes : "Pour homme" , "Extrême" or "Pour un soir" ...less common and in the same vein

Quote Originally Posted by Makassar View Post
    If you like l'Homme Yves Saint Laurent , you should try the Bvlgari Colognes : "Pour homme" , "Extrême" or "Pour un soir" ...less common and in the same vein
    Interesting ill give them a try. I have a small sample thing of bvlgari aqua marine which i didnt care for at first but is slowly growing on me a LITTLE. But aqua marine is a aquatic scent so mayb ill like the ones you mentioned alot more

oh Aqua has nothing in common with the others . Aqua is ozonic , nothing particular , ordinary . Pour Homme is a "dry" perfume as Extrême ; they are totally different . The first time i smelt L'homme Saint Laurent , i said "it's a copy of Bvlgari..."

the typical ; aqua di gio, very sexy, american eagle/abercrombie/hollister colognes, unforgivable, paris hilton, chrome, lacoste essential

what you should try ; 212 men, issey miyake pour homme, le male, versace pour homme, versace dreamer, chanel allure sport, burberry london, ed hardy love and luck, YSL l'homme, d&g light blue, givenchy PI.

All of these are high school approved.. if you don't want to try all these i can assure you, you won't go wrong with YSL l'homme or chanel allure sport. goodluck..

you can get the allure for about $44-50 for the 1.7 online.
    if you like l'homme sample d&g the one. their very similar, i think the one better.
    STAY AWAY FROM ANGEL.
    Last edited by xclusive; 16th August 2010 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makassar View Post
    oh Aqua has nothing in common with the others . Aqua is ozonic , nothing particular , ordinary . Pour Homme is a "dry" perfume as Extrême ; they are totally different . The first time i smelt L'homme Saint Laurent , i said "it's a copy of Bvlgari..."
    K thanks! Oh and I think i might have seen a bvlgari fragrance in a movie that was just on tv called Blue Crush and it looked like bvlgari from the bottle but i didnt get a good look at it. But just another reason to try bvlgari because the guy who was wearing it in the movie is an actor i like.

Quote Originally Posted by xclusive View Post
    the typical ; aqua di gio, very sexy, american eagle/abercrombie/hollister colognes, unforgivable, paris hilton, chrome, lacoste essential

what you should try ; 212 men, issey miyake pour homme, le male, versace pour homme, versace dreamer, chanel allure sport, burberry london, ed hardy love and luck, YSL l'homme, d&g light blue, givenchy PI.

All of these are high school approved.. if you don't want to try all these i can assure you, you won't go wrong with YSL l'homme or chanel allure sport. goodluck..

you can get the allure for about $44-50 for the 1.7 online.
    if you like l'homme sample d&g the one. their very similar, i think the one better.
    STAY AWAY FROM ANGEL.
    Thanks for the help i think we agree on alot of fragrances. ive tried versace pour homme which is good but i personally wouldn't wear, burberry london which i like, ed hardy which is good, ysl which i love, and issey miyake L'eau d'Issey which is great but i hear its very popular in chicago which i live by, and i already have a summer scent and would probably choose versace man eau de fraiche over. But idk if thats what you meant when you said Issey miyake pour homme. As for PI ill give it a try i hear its super sweet smelling. And is pi neo anywhere comparable to the normal pi? just curious

Memories of the past years in high school are filled of "Axe" deodorant... everyone spraying it on...

Anyone here can help you, but Paco Rabanne fragrances, xs and one million work good on girls, If that's what your looking for.

Thanks guys for all the help.
    Last edited by goodcharlotte_fan13; 6th November 2010 at 02:07 AM.