Code of Conduct

Default Anyone tried the NEW Lubin's yet?

Figaro
    Itasca
    Bluff
    Inédite

Default Re: Anyone tried the NEW Lubin's yet?

Nobody?

I have samples of them all plus the Gin Fizz reissue. I have only tried Bluff and Inédite so far. I really liked Bluff a lot from the once I wore it. The cola note is kind of interesting, and the scent dries down very nicely. Inédite was also nice, but I will have to wear it again (Bluff, too) in order to give you more feedback. Bluff was good enough that I would consider a full bottle. Need to sample it more, of course.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I have only tried Itasca and Inedite. Both are very nice. I think I prefer Itasca and it may be the more masculine of those two. Inedite is a very spicy rose. The spices almost smell like carnation. Itasca has some serious pine note, but it does not smell like pinesole at all, it is very woody.

I hope I can try the other two soon.
    Evenstar

Hillaire

Oh, I am really excited to try these. If Idole indicates what this house is capable of, these should be FBW?

Arwen Elf, would you say that Inedite is wearable by most men? And is the pepper very prominent?

I would love to hear more about these! Especially Itasca.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Oh, I am really excited to try these. If Idole indicates what this house is capable of, these should be FBW?

Arwen Elf, would you say that Inedite is wearable by most men? And is the pepper very prominent?
    Yes, I think it is unisex. I smell more cinnamon than pepper, but it is very spicy. Also the pepper is not black pepper, but pink pepper, which should smell different, although I cannot tell the difference. It reminded me of La Via del Profumo's Rose de Bois.

Itasca would be more masculine, but most guys don't shy away from roses in perfume.

Today I tried Figaro and I did not like it. It is not bad, but I am not big on grapefruit, and although I like some fig perfumes, the fig note reminded me of Ninfeo Mio, although it is not as strong as Ninfeo.

I want to try Bluff now.

I also tried Gin Fizz a couple of weeks ago. I compared it to a sample I have of the vintage. The new is more vibrant on the top notes, but I don't know if this is a fact, or it is because the vintage may have lost something with age. The drydown is almost identical to the vintage. I expected something a little more Gin and a little more Fizzy. For this style I think I rather go with L'Humaniste from Frapin.
    Evenstar

Blog Entries

These sound excellent. A spicy rose and a woody pine would be very welcome. I'm FB on Idole, which I think is an amazing scent. Looking forward to sniffing these new ones.

Anybody know where one could score a sample of Bluff? Sounds very interesting!
    TOP 10
    1. Eau Noire Cologne by Christian Dior
    2. Lumière Noire pour Homme by Maison Francis Kurkdjian
    3. New Haarlem by Bond No. 9
    4. Chergui by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido
    5. Francois Charles by Rance 1795
    6. Puro Intense by Nejma
    7. Usiku by Jo Wood Organics
    8. New York by Parfums de Nicolai
    9. Dia For Men by Amouage
    10. Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Check out my huge niche swap list at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=239240

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCity1014 View Post
    Anybody know where one could score a sample of Bluff? Sounds very interesting!
    http://www.aedes.com/samples.php

I've purchased a bottle of the new Gin Fizz and I love it. I've also got L'Humaniste from Frapin. Gin Fizz is more citrusy on me and also the flower notes in the heart come through quite a lot, although they are certainly not feminine. L'Humaniste I find to be more warmer and it's one I use more at night than during the day. I've just looked at my perfume collection and it's amazing just how many have juniper notes in them, so that must be why I like these two. I'm still waiting to try the other new ones, Aedes do not ship to the UK and First in Fragrance Germany do not have all of these in yet.