Code of Conduct

Default Would Green Irish Tweed Black smell like Usher for Men?

Hey Guys:

I wanted to do a fragrance review on Usher for Men. I was looking at other reviews, and noticed some saying that it has a Green Irish Tweed vibe. However, since Usher is very sweet, incensey, with hints of suede and musk, there is no real chance of confusion here.
    However, if Creed were to make GIT as GIT black, I think this would be a synthetic clone of that one.

Default Re: Would Green Irish Tweed Black smell like Usher for Men?

i think usher is a synthetic clone of git!

I had a little too much to drink a few nights ago and ordered a bottle of Usher Most, an Eau de Parfum concentration of the original. I'm really betting that one will smell like a Creed. The original Usher is an alright fragrance. I don't wear it often, but sometimes the bottle just calls to me. Not too much to do with GIT though, I thought it had more in common with Himalaya, if a Creed comparison has to be drawn.
    I refuse to sink.

Comparing fragrances to fragrances that don't exist now? lol

To me Usher is similar to Guess Suede and Phat Farm Atman but with more fruity notes. It's got a very synthetic feel to it, but it's not half bad, just too generic for my tastes now. If I had a smaller collection though, and just wanted some of the more basic fragrances, Usher is a great choice. Usher UR is also nice but lacks very much in the longevity and projection departments.

Usher may come in a black bottle, but the fragrance is anything but black.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 6th August 2010 at 04:28 AM.

I'm wearing Green Irish Tweed Black on my right wrist and Usher for Men on my left, and I have to say, they smell nothing like each other. I just don't get the comparison at all! In fact, I'd say original Green Irish Tweed is probably closer to Usher for Men.

Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Let's suppose a company like Armani designs a fragrance that smells just like Polo Black, called Emeralds. Let's also suppose that Polo Black is not in production yet. So somebody smells Emeralds and describes it as a black version of Polo. Would the average basenoter see this comparison as genius or hilarious?

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Let's suppose a company like Armani designs a fragrance that smells just like Polo Black, called Emeralds. Let's also suppose that Polo Black is not in production yet. So somebody smells Emeralds and describes it as a black version of Polo. Would the average basenoter see this comparison as genius or hilarious?
    I find Polo Black to be one of the most unblack fragrances around. Super synthetic to the nose, and nothing in it that would make it a black fragrance. Same goes for Double Black. You want "black" try Versace Black Jeans, try Azzaro pH, try Zirh Ikon.

Just got my bottle of Usher Most and I'm actually impressed!! The presentation is very nice - a leather-wrapped presentation box that flips open to present the leather-wrapped bottle in a suede-lined inside. A good first impression for sure, but how about the scent! Well, it's the original Usher, but better. There's not that underlying synthetic feeling with the bright notes in the top-notes. Cedar is now oud, and the musk is now much richer and thicker. I, unfortunately can't wear it today because I have a wedding to go to, and I'm wearing the same shirt as I wore last night for the rehearsal and I forgot to wash it, so thus I have to wear the same fragrance. But for a drunk purchase, I'm actually feeling pretty good about this one! I'm actually surprised at the quality of some recent celebrity scents ... for mainstream scents this and Power by 50 Cent are probably my favorite new releases in the past year or so.
    I refuse to sink.

Point Blank

No Green Irish Tweed Black would smell more like Tom Ford for Men Dark Blue edition