Code of Conduct

Default Jo Malone Grapefruit - anyone else find it strange?

While walking in bloomingdales i noticed this girl i used to know working at the jo malone counter.
    I never got a chance to check any of Jo Malones fragrances so this was a good opportunity to get some samples. The girl was very nice and gave me 3 samples of each scent they had available. I didnt get a chance to check them all yet, but theres at least 5 different ones, but no “intense” or limited editions.

Grapefruit was the first one I got a chance to try out.

Today was a hot day and I thought it would be a good time to try it. At first I found it to be somewhat similar to Platinum Egoiste as far as spiciness, but with very noticable grapefruit scent.
    I like the scent but I am not sure if I like to wear it. I am also leaning towards saying this is the grapefruit version of Salvatore Ferragamo PH with PE combined.

Overall I find it a strange scent. I like they way it smells, but not on me or anyone else.

Any opinions about this scent?

If anyone is interested I have two samples of it for trade. PM me if you are interested in trading samples.

Default Re: Jo Malone Grapefruit - anyone else find it strange?

I've never tried it, but Annie, the lead character in USA network's new show "Covert Affairs" wears it. It was mentioned in the premiere episode.

Blog Entries

I love grapefruit perfumes, but somehow this one didn't smell of grapefruit to me.

Its actually very decent when compared to the overly nasty Guerlain Pampleunne...
    -

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Its actually very decent when compared to the overly nasty Guerlain Pampleunne...
    Nasty? I don't understand what you could find nasty about it. It is quite a complex scent compared to Jo Malone. Are there some notes that you don't like in it?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Are there some notes that you don't like in it?
    Bingo.
    -

Blog Entries

Pamplelune is an interesting fragrance for sure. Some people get a "cat pee" note when they wear it, but not everyone. I don't get cat pee, but the juxtaposition of grapefruit with patchouli isn't pleasant to me.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Bingo.
    Well I am glad that is cleared up.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Jo Malone's Grapefruit is a solid fresh citrus fragrance that I would definetely consider if I was in the market for a fresh citrus. Jo Malone's Lime Basil & Mandarin was pretty good too. They're both really fresh scents. Thing is-they weren't MUST HAVES, and there are already a few fragrances on my to-buy list. So I didn't purchase them. Besides-I like to try as many fragrances in a given category before I buy one, and I don't think I have explored enough grapefruits to pull the trigger on this one. But on its own merit, it's not bad.