Code of Conduct

Default Any problems ordering from overseas sites?

Has anyone done this with success? Any horror stories? The reason I ask is that NZ Post makes it pretty clear that one is not to try to send perfume through the postal system. And I bought something a week ago from a local seller which seems to have disappeared without a trace...

Prices on sites like fragrancex.com are about half what you find locally, and right now they're offering free international shipping. But I'd rather not have my carefully selected order find itself in permanent purgatory in the seized items office at NZ Post!

Default Re: Any problems ordering from overseas sites?

To answer my own question, an order from strawberrynet got here in less than a week with no problems at all

Just received a parcel from FragranceX, great prices, great product,very impressed. Only grizzle was delivery time, much longer than was originally advised. FragranceX seem to have mastered
    the technique of shipping hazardous goods, hence the longer shipping time I suppose.

If the company uses a local courier (rather than NZ post) and declares it, it seems all good. I've had many a success with Essentialmall.co.nz (Which is a Strawberrynet.com mirror site)

However, as of a few days ago, I've been waiting for 2 months for an order from FragranceX....and I have ZERO confidence that anything will ever arrive.

I order from overseas all the time. No horror stories. Right now waiting for two parcels.

Once tried sending a perfume overseas. It was returned to me labeled "Dangerous goods" and a warning letter saying "naughty girl, don't do it again"

Placed an order on FragX (7 Sample bottles ) Took 31 days to arrive haha. I just order my frags from Strawberrynet they have always been reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Boratio View Post
    If the company uses a local courier (rather than NZ post) and declares it, it seems all good. I've had many a success with Essentialmall.co.nz (Which is a Strawberrynet.com mirror site)

However, as of a few days ago, I've been waiting for 2 months for an order from FragranceX....and I have ZERO confidence that anything will ever arrive.
    Did it eventually arrive? I am in my third month and counting...

My package arrived from FragranceX after about a month and a bit?
    I consider myself lucky!

mine arrived after 3.5 months

I have also ordered from fragrancex, it took 3 or 4 weeks but worth it for the savings. 3.5 months is a long time to wait though I'm glad it came eventually.

this time it took 1.5 month
    I''' do it again