Code of Conduct

Default Everyday warm weather colognes and Issey Miyake Summer Edition

Just made a trip to Macys today to check out some colognes:

Issey Miyake - heard lots of good stuff about this but didn't smell anything real special... scent didn't stick like it did when I smelled ADG 2 years ago
    Issey Miyake Summer Edition - smells like Acqua di Gio?!
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport - first thought... lemonade! final thought... lemonade!
    D&G Pour Homme - can't describe... smells a little synthetic didnt like it
    D&G Light Blue - too sharp, less so than Lacoste Essential
    Versace Eau Frauche - smelled similar to Light blue but worse..
    Bulgari Aqua - didn't know what to think... unique? Didn't smell the saltiness everyone talks about
    Bulgari Aqua Marine - light, fruity, oceany... pretty good
    Lacoste Essential - too sharp... wanted to sneeze
    Acqua di Gio - smells good but so common

Wondering if you guys could give me a suggestion for warm CA weather use? I'm a 20 year old college student. From the list above, I've narrowed it down to Issey Miyake Summer, ADG, and Bvlgari Aqua Marine... though I'm willing to give Issey Miyake original another shot - I just don't understand what's so special about it - my brain just froze for a second when I smelled it trying to make out what it was.

Anyone have Issey Miyake Summer? Is it just me or does it smell really similar to ADG? I really do love the smell of ADG despite it being so common but the longevity is pretty weak... I've heard Issey Miyake Original has great longevity though... wonder if it's the same with the summer edition?

Gimme your thoughts Thanks!

Default Re: Everyday warm weather colognes and Issey Miyake Summer Edition

I bought this year's edition of L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Summer (The one with the seafoam green and white horizontal stripes on the bottle) and have been wearing it on hot days. I like it, along with the original. I think both of these are much better and more unique than Acqua di Gio. The Miyakes have an unusual note of yuzu which gives a Japanese character, also tobacco and vetiver in the base. The original L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme is more complex and longer lasting than the summer edition, but you want to be careful not to overapply. It's powerful stuff.

The Summer version has netted me some compliments already and I find that it really goes well with the heat. As it dries down, it moves toward a nice fresh vetiver base with a hint of sweetness. The original is still the best and most complex, but the Summer version keeps the parts that work best in the heat and it smells great.

If you want to spend some big bucks, check out Creed's Erolfa. I wore it today and really enjoyed it. Very crisp and oceanic and the longevity is unreal. It's expensive and it smells that way. It's maybe a more mature aquatic scent, but you may like it too.

I absolutely love & adore Versace Eau Frauche. Also I have Chanel Allure Homme Sport as well as the Chanel Allure Cologne Sport. Did you try the Cologne version? I like it better for an everyday warm weather scent as well as a very office friendly scent; and like the original sport as a more dressier scent, but still warm weather. The Cologne sport is more citrusy.

L'eau Par Kenzo
    Hugo Energise
    Bvlgari PH Soir
    Sel Marin - Heeley

All great for summer.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Oh and I dont get lemonade from Chanel Allure Homme Sport. But I do with Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com