Code of Conduct

Default Wishing for mini's in a coffret ~

My SOTD is the gorgeous Annick Goutal Songes

My wish is that Goutals' range of fragrances were available in a beautiful coffret of mini's!
    Decants are 'okay', but I'd rather purchase the brands' beautiful scents in an equally beautiful presentation!

How about you?

Default Re: Wishing for mini's in a coffret ~

I am coveting a trio of scents in a coffret that actually exists -
    the three Loukhoums by Keiko Mecheri (Parfum du Soir, Eau Poudree
    and the original Loukhoum.)
    I would also love a coffret of mini Divines.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I want most of the long lost guerlains presented in minis in a coffret!

Caron made something like this a while back with about 10 of their frags for women in a limited release...

Yes!

So many perfume companies would pry so much money out of me if they'd just give up on their "full bottle or nothing" determination.

I'm SO with you on that ChickenFreak! My fragrance wardrobe would expand tremendously.

* BTW, nice to see you again Castorpollux!

Nice ideas!How about all the Poisons in a coffret ?I 'd love this
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

ubu, that is a great idea! I wonder if they have even thought of it-- maybe an email to their customer service to suggest it?

Very, very much agree - I'm a total sucker for variety in fragrance and other material things (i.e., I'm a big fan of tapas, and have often been known to order a bunch of appetizers instead of an entree). Fragrance coffrets are like a fabulous box of chocolates in pretty packages - big win on my end, and also seem to be a good idea from a business perspective: when I get to the end of that little bottle, often I want to buy a bigger one!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Just noticed this, and maybe you/Ubu know about this already a Goutal in a rollerball bottle. Not quite as glam as the genuine Goutal bottle profile and there seems to be only the one scent (Petite Cherie).

The L'Artisan coffret-size bottles are a perfect example of a traditional bottle downsized. It's one of the reasons I like the Jalouse in my possession ().

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    I'm SO with you on that ChickenFreak! My fragrance wardrobe would expand tremendously.

* BTW, nice to see you again Castorpollux!
    Thank you! It's great to see you are still in here as well, it seems like many have been missing...i still pop up every now and then when time permits it...
    I'm glad you love Songes as well, it's a great scent and of course i keep a bottle to smell and learn.

Castorpollux, nice to see you back! I am thinking of you often and reading your insights in the Directory.

That's one reason I continue to love Estee Lauder, aside from sentimental reasons...they regularly offer minis of their scents. And yes, I think minis are great marketing...they can get you hooked or be just enough if the frag is something you like but wouldn't wear regularly.

Basenotes Plus

If only more Houses would do this- even if they were larger than mini's like the Hermes travel sets. Agree 1000%, that so many more sales possibilities for them.
    I'd buy- Serge Lutens line, Byredo line (sorry ubu), etc etc
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Well, some of you know about my homemade mini Chanel coffret (12 scents in 5-mL glass bottles with silver caps) that I take everywhere with me in my purse (there's a scent in there for every occasion). I would of course prefer that they were in Chanel bottles! I too, love everything about the mini bottle, coffret approach to perfume. It makes sense on so many levels. Scary thought however...if available with all fragrance houses, my wardrobe would likely number 1000! Eeeeks!

I just purchased the By Kilian coffret of eight scents during the Boston Basenotes weekend. Love it!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Castorpollux, nice to see you back! I am thinking of you often and reading your insights in the Directory.
    Thank you! I am glad to see you too! There have been so many reviews i want to check out!
    I also think like many here that SergeL must come up with a coffret but with the complete line...