Code of Conduct

Default L'Occitane Eau du Badian

I'm wearing a full three sprays of this puppy today, and a comparison in my mind keeps recurring: Grey Flannel. Is Grey Flannel heavy on anise? This is definitley in the Geoffrey Beene vein to my nose, either Bowling Green or Grey Flannel. Or else my nose is off!

Default Re: L'Occitane Eau du Badian

Can't speak to Grey Flannel because I don't wear it, but for me L'Occitane Eau du Badian which is great stuff is very similar to
    Citoyen.

I have never made that association although I really like Eau du Badian--I will wear it tomorrow and see if I get the Grey Flannel thing you mention--thanks for reminding me of this one!

After researching it a little, I see that Star Anise is a main ingredient in Eau de Grey Flannel, the discontinued scent. Of course it is also THE main ingredient in Eau du Badian. Maybe that's what I'm recalling.

They share a similar mossy base but the top/mid notes differ greatly with anise in Badian and violets in GF.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976