Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Summer scent you still put on come Fall/Winter?

Yes. I fully agree. There may be a few "fresh" scents that I wear less frequently - but they are totally wearable year-round, especially around the house, after a shower or for a day when you pragmatically, "just want to smell good". Severe weather, like the strong rain and wind we have been getting here in Northern California brings out the desire for comfort, coziness and warmth from our chosen scent. But, yet, I still find myself craving the 'sunshine' and invigorating brightness of aromatic citruses, chypres and compositions that evoke the memory of the spring and summer, worn indoors. Not to go out and necessarily face the elements in. Year-round scents that have no problem expressing themselves at any time of year (or weather) are Vetivers, Aromatic Fougeres, and vibrant Woody Floral Musks.

Cheers & Happy Holidays,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I wear pretty much all of my fragrances year-round. I don't separate them out by season.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

I tend to think of it the other way around, which winter (heavier) scents can I get away with in the summer. I think you can pretty much wear any summer/spring scent year round... people may not smell them as much, but you certainly can enjoy them. Heavy scents like TF Tobacco Vanille, TM Pure Malt, TF Extreme, etc I find myself wearing less in the warm months and more in the winter months.
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

El_Guapo -

Your signature says it all...do you know if "Mandom" is still being bottled? I am worried it, too, has been 'reformulated' (read: castrated).

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    I tend to think of it the other way around, which winter (heavier) scents can I get away with in the summer. I think you can pretty much wear any summer/spring scent year round... people may not smell them as much, but you certainly can enjoy them. Heavy scents like TF Tobacco Vanille, TM Pure Malt, TF Extreme, etc I find myself wearing less in the warm months and more in the winter months.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen