Code of Conduct

Default Was One Man Show or Sung Homme ever reformulated ?

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this possibility. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 29th April 2011 at 04:40 AM.

Default Re: Was One Man Show or Sung Homme ever reformulated ?

Don't know anything about the latter. My bet is that the former never was.

DeepSilence

Since 1989 that i remember, I have not seen any difference in One Man Show.

Yeah, it's hard to imagine One Man Show being any cruder than it is right now, so I'd doubt it's been changed. Don't know though.

I've read some posts here saying that Sung was reformulated, but it still smells the same as I remember it.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Banned
    Blog Entries

In the case of Sung - yes, and maybe they shouldn't have touched it.

In the case of OMS - I don't think it's quite as crude as people think. Also doubt it's been reformulated, as it smells absurdly '80s. It's an interesting fragrance. Definitely not "friendly" in any sense of the word.

OMS is reformulated and very different from my first OMS which I bought in ca. 1981 (in Moscow).
    Vintage OMS was much sweeter and not crude, even comparable with Lanvin Pour Homme (1979).
    Reformulated version (bought in 2010) is much more "masculine".

I was very disappointed in OMS. Everyone commented on it's brutal sillage and longevity but i got either or when I had it. I think I got 4 hrs tops on it and it was so close to my skin even i could barely smell it. I got a bottle of sung homme that was made may of this year and I do think it was reformulated. I remember testing a bottle back a few years ago and remembering I did not like it all. The very inducing ash tray note in it really did it in for me and turned me away from it little did I know that I would come to love this classic. I was in TJ maxx and saw bottle on the shelf and decided to give it try. I immediately knew it was not the same fragrance I tested years ago. The ash tray note was toned down a lot and it seems throughout its duration the whole scent seemed better blended. If you ever see a bottle produced in 2012 give it a try I am sure glad I did and I wear it proudly.

I like OMS, but just starting wearing it this year, so can't speak about any possible reformulation.
    And Sung Homme is nice enough, and currently seems to be in all the Marshalls and TJ Maxx stores around me, for a low $7.99
    But I digress... sorry, don't know about reformulations.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 23rd December 2012 at 03:16 PM.

What I have learned since my original post: Yes, there seems to have been an earlier and better formulation of OMS (no "root beer" top notes and smoother). The wording on the front of the bottles is different. As to SH, I have a 50 ml bottle made by Riviera Concepts of Canada, which I think has been out of business for quite a while now (and they always seemed to make quality frags). Anyone have a bottle of SH made by a different company? If so, which one? Thanks.

Edit: I found this about Riviera Concepts: "As of July 5, 2006, Riviera Concepts, Inc. is a subsidiary of Elizabeth Arden, Inc."

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...vcapId=4663598

My guess is that EA then cheapened up the formulation. The label will tell you who made it, and if the changeover took place prior to the oakmoss restrictions, you are better off seeking out a bottle made by Riviera Concepts.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 24th December 2012 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    . As to SH, I have a 50 ml bottle made by Riviera Concepts of Canada, which I think has been out of business for quite a while now (and they always seemed to make quality frags). Anyone have a bottle of SH made by a different company? If so, which one? Thanks.
    I have a very new bottle of SH, purchased recently from Fragrancenet. Label on the bottom says:

EA Fragrances Co.
    New York & London
    Made in USA

Riviera concepts is not out of business, they are a subsidiary of Elizabeth Arden. My OMS is from 2009 smells the same like original formulation.

Quote Originally Posted by vinramani09 View Post
    Riviera concepts is not out of business, they are a subsidiary of Elizabeth Arden. My OMS is from 2009 smells the same like original formulation.
    So I guess the "EA" on my bottle of Sung Homme stands for Elizabeth Arden. Makes sense.