Code of Conduct

Default Summer scent you still put on come Fall/Winter?

I have my scents separated in two groups... spring/summer and fall/winter. Do you have any summer scents that you continue to wear in the fall/ winter? Vice versa?

Default Re: Summer scent you still put on come Fall/Winter?

depends on what defines a scent as a summer scent

Kenzo PH is great year round
    Dior Dune PH is great in fall

I can think of some that I like for both Summer and Fall:

Paul Smith Extreme
    Givenchy Blue Label
    Hugo

Sur la Plage

I wear pretty much all of my fragrances year-round. I don't separate them out by season.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    I have my scents separated in two groups... spring/summer and fall/winter.

Funny, I have to be very careful as I work in very tight proximity with people so I have my scents arranged by sillage!

Yachting.

Any, and all.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I wear pretty much all of my fragrances year-round. I don't separate them out by season.

+1.

Colonia and Assoluta by Acqua di Parma.....And anything (any that I own) from Bond No.9 and Creed that You would call summer!!!
    Gary

I've not got any fragrances that I associate with a specific season, perfume for me is to be enjoyed all year round. I just open my wardrobe and grab whatever takes my fancy at that moment in time

I reach a point in the winter where I crave the bright sharp citrus scents that make up so much of my rotation in the summmer. For instance, I'll often pull out Cologne Sologne by de Nicolai or Eau de Guerlain in the middle of a grey rainy week - and presto! - the olfactory illusion of sunlight.

I am very much a person who allocates seasons to scents. Having said that though, the boundaries are very fluid and many of my scents have a placement in more than one time of year.

Laura Tonatto - Albi

I have two genuine "year rounders" that work for me in all seasons: Aramis and Yatagan. I'll not hesitate to wear R de Capucci in any season either, just don't reach for it as often.

Not to get overly semantical, but if I wear a Winter scent in the Summer, it kind of negates the whole Winter-scent idea.

I wear Aqua di Gio year round, but not that often. Happy (Clinique) works year round for me. Green Irish Tweed as well.

prolly Le Male summer edition becuz i bought it for much cheaper then the original Le Male

I think any summer fragrance could be worn in the winter unless it has a beach vibe to it. With that said my winter frags are pretty heavy, I would love to wear them in the summer though. I sprayed Le Male a few days ago and it was way to heavy for my liking to wear in 80-90 degree weather. Right now for summer I wear MI and SoCal. I want to add more variety but with fall coming up I think I will hold off and save some money then decide in spring what to get. As for winter and fall I pretty much have enough variety..of course you always want more though.

just wear it whenever you like. I love Issey Miyake and wear it in the fall as much as the spring and summer.

+ 2

Basenotes Plus

+3.

+4

Wanna add, I love fresh citrus scents in winter, like a burst of cool

I love wearing the original Tommy for men in spring or fall but actually haven't tried wearing it in winter even though I've had a few bottles and wear it often. I also love to wear the original Michael Jordan by bijan (1996) most of the year but have not tried in winter. I am looking for a perfect cold weather scent at the moment as some stronger scents are hard on the nose or you get tired of quickly if it is an oriental I find. But you have brought up a good topic to think about.

Kenzo Power EDT

I tend to wear what I want and then lean toward the darker stuff right now, but lately I've been wearing Creed stuff like Himalaya, GIT, and the occasional spray of MI. I've also worn TdH (Edt) on occasion.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I like powerhouse frags because my skin type just eats most edt frags and ,so, I wear my frags all year round.
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

D&G Pour Homme
    Polo Explorer
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    YSL L'Homme

I tend to still reach for the soapy scents all year round.

Mugler Cologne, Prada Infusion d'Homme and Givenchy or Guerlain Vetiver

Pretty much any of the summer scents in my wardrobe, especially while wearing more casual outfits and especially during less harsh/cold autumns/winters.

Let's say Dolce PH ( if we can count this one as summer scent ) , F32 , in past that was Chanel Sport.

Ciel has shown some potential in winter ...
    Last edited by Igorbg; 23rd December 2012 at 04:27 PM.

Wore Creed Virgin Island Water in a snowy day and couldn't feel much better!!

Only Aventus, cause it still gets noticed through the cold. I don't think any other summer scent does that.
    Well I also use Allure Homme Sport but only at the gym, so that nullifies the weather factor.

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme as well, if you want to count it as summer frag.

Basenotes Plus

Yes. I fully agree. There may be a few "fresh" scents that I wear less frequently - but they are totally wearable year-round, especially around the house, after a shower or for a day when you pragmatically, "just want to smell good". Severe weather, like the strong rain and wind we have been getting here in Northern California brings out the desire for comfort, coziness and warmth from our chosen scent. But, yet, I still find myself craving the 'sunshine' and invigorating brightness of aromatic citruses, chypres and compositions that evoke the memory of the spring and summer, worn indoors. Not to go out and necessarily face the elements in. Year-round scents that have no problem expressing themselves at any time of year (or weather) are Vetivers, Aromatic Fougeres, and vibrant Woody Floral Musks.

Cheers & Happy Holidays,

ericrico

“Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

I tend to think of it the other way around, which winter (heavier) scents can I get away with in the summer. I think you can pretty much wear any summer/spring scent year round... people may not smell them as much, but you certainly can enjoy them. Heavy scents like TF Tobacco Vanille, TM Pure Malt, TF Extreme, etc I find myself wearing less in the warm months and more in the winter months.
    Top notes of... sweat, gasoline, motor oil; a heart of deer musk and gunpowder, resting on a base of sex and testosterone... Mandom.

Basenotes Plus

El_Guapo -

Your signature says it all...do you know if "Mandom" is still being bottled? I am worried it, too, has been 'reformulated' (read: castrated).

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by El_Guapo View Post
    I tend to think of it the other way around, which winter (heavier) scents can I get away with in the summer. I think you can pretty much wear any summer/spring scent year round... people may not smell them as much, but you certainly can enjoy them. Heavy scents like TF Tobacco Vanille, TM Pure Malt, TF Extreme, etc I find myself wearing less in the warm months and more in the winter months.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen