Code of Conduct

Default "Me in the bottle"

Out of your wardrobe, what fragrance suits your person (personality + look + style) best. The one that you could actually call "Me in the bottle".

For me it have to be Gucci PH II closely followed by Givenchy Pi. Both being nice, inteligent, relaxed, elegant, unofenssive and not overly masculine (ok they are rather feminine lol).
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Hypnotic Poison
    - decadent; flamboyant and conspicuous
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 6th August 2010 at 06:26 PM.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: "Me in the bottle"

Tom Ford Black Orchid - the scent for a modern diva.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Out of your wardrobe, what fragrance suits your person (personality + look + style) best. The one that you could actually call "Me in the bottle".

For me it have to be Gucci PH II closely followed by Givenchy Pi. Both being nice, inteligent, relaxed, elegant, unofenssive and not overly masculine (ok they are rather feminine lol).
    Montale - Red Vetyver or CDG - Artek/Standard
    I am not sure why, these just fit my mood most often. I love the smell of cedar and spice.
    I feel comfortable wearing both in any occasion. People compliment me regularly when I wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Tom Ford Black Orchid - the scent for a modern diva.
    You go Miss Anita Cocktail!

it's a tie between st. john's bayrum and gucci envy. spicy!

I'd probably have to say 'Chergui', although I find 'Amouage Lyric Woman' is a close second (it makes me feel so damn good). I like to think that my personality has many facets and that's why my wardrobe keeps growing and growing... *blush* (good excuse)

Clive Christian No 1

I'd have to say Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire. Because I'm very conservative, structured, meticulous, uptight, understated, and self-indulgent.

Fresh and clean, quiet and artistic, down to earth with a wicked sense of humour (omg this sounds like a dating agency ad) it has to be XERJOFF NIO for me

1. Bond No.9: Wall Street, Eau de New York, Riverside Drive, Bond No.9 Perfume, Chez Bond, West Side, Silver Factory, Bleecker Street, Little Italy, Central Park, Saks Fifth Avenue Pour Homme, Coney Island.
    2. Creed: Tabarome (Modern), GIT, MI, Green Valley
    3. Armani: Code and Diamonds Pour Homme and any Prive Scent
    4. Ralph Lauren: Romance Silver, Polo Black and Double Black, Polo Sport and Purple Label
    5. Acqua di Parma: Colonia and Assoluta
    note: Coney Island is the only one from this list that I do not own.....and this will change soon.....very soon!!!
    Gary

The several remaining drops of my vintage Guerlain Vetiver edc. Absolutely delicious. As, of course, am I!

Quote Originally Posted by fraddicted View Post
    The several remaining drops of my vintage Guerlain Vetiver edc. Absolutely delicious. As, of course, am I!
    That will work well at the pub this evening I am sure.

I personally think the LeMale is me in the bottle. And yes, I have a sprayer for a mouth and no legs!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Creed GIT and Terre d'Hermes. Miller Harris Terre d'Bois and Creed Bois du Portugal, too.

I'd probably say something like Zegna Z. Unique and casual.

Fahrenheit. Dirty yet ever so clean; distinctive.

M7. Something a little goofy yet serious, introspective, radical, darker, edgy, dramatic, paradoxical, thought provoking, sexual and original (i.e. apart from a crowd).

Great question.

Good old Aramis. Big, not pretty but not ugly. Distinctive, yet fits in almost anywhere. Works both dressed up and dressed down. A workhorse.

No. 88 by Czech & Speake & Avignon by CdG Series 3: Incense.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 7th August 2010 at 08:17 AM.

I HAVE to play... hmm...

Montale Black Aoud... present, quiet yet definitely THERE... and speaks loudly after given time to get comfortable. Deeper and darker than one might at first glance think. And a little bit "out there."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Blog Entries

The more i think of it, the more i realize A*Men IS me in a bottle. Starts out rough, loud, even annoying. *if im comfortable with the people around me, i can get obnoxious... fast lol* but as it dries down, it gets sweeter, comforting, even kind of smokey *anyone who Really knows me knows im just a pushover who would love nothing more than sit on a couch with that special someone and wrap up in a blanket by a cozy fire*

The bottle...CAUSE IM A STAR DUH!
    The black outline with a bright blue star as the core can actually be metaphorical for my outlook on life. I come off as EXTREMELY cynical to the world, but the truth is i want nothing more than for everyone just to chill out and live in peace (star of hope within oblivion?...idk i get overly poetic late at night lol)

It's not my favorite by a longshot....
    ...but definitely the character of it's construction is analagous to me.
    Something rough, medicinally-smokey, covering itself in citrus and ginger.
    ...M7 Fresh

Van Cleef and Arpels Noire Eau de Parfum - Reserved, sophisticated, sexy

Rose 31 - Looking up at the spinning ceiling fan while the woman lying next to me in a French accent says "Zat was, how you say...incredible"

Something in an unassuming bottle, very promising ingredients and opening but a disappointing longevity and drydown.
    :'(

Hillaire

Hmmm... My favorite is Amouage Dia Woman, but I think it's not necessarily "me in a bottle"...

The honor probably goes to the unisex leather chypre Nicolai Vie de Chateau. Versatile, warm, austere, classic, tasteful, and a bit old fashioned.

Jil Sander Woman III is the other. Same kind of thing.

DeepSilence

kind: Venezia Uomo
    Hard to get: Tuscan Leather
    Sometimes rough: Bvlgari Black
    Mysterious and Unpredictable: Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    I'd have to say Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire. Because I'm very conservative, structured, meticulous, uptight, understated, and self-indulgent.
    Whoa! You just described me to a tee! I'd have to go with Angeliques sous la Pluie.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

YSL Haute Concentration pour homme
    Or
    V.O Jean Marc Sinan
    or
    KL homme Lagerfeld
    or
    Jules de Dior
    or
    Knize Ten ....as well as Pour Monsieur Chanel

Until now Allure homme sport

L'instant de Guerlain Extreme

I'm warm And I'm modern.. but somehow classical. Like playing a Trance show in a town that still has cobblestone streets and old buildings!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Égoïste

by

Chanel

cheers!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Makassar View Post
    YSL Haute Concentration pour homme
    Or
    V.O Jean Marc Sinan
    or
    KL homme Lagerfeld
    or
    Jules de Dior
    or
    Knize Ten ....as well as Pour Monsieur Chanel
    Wow, you are one masculine dude, huh?!

i could alos wear with a great pleaudre

Arpège Vintage
    or
    Diorissimo
    or
    Miss Balmain
    or
    Vent Vert Vintage (Balmain)
    or
    Comme une évidence (Y. Rocher)
    or
    Gold Donna Karan ( with such a pleasure this one ..)
    or
    Olène Diptyque
    or
    Jasmin de Varens
    or
    "A la Nuit" de Lutens

My style is pretty boring, really. I'm not a colorful or formal dresser, my life gives me no need to be, so black jeans and a dress shirt kind of maxes out my formality level! Looking at what I wear and trying to match a fragrance to it would probably come up with something fresh and inane, not at all my style of fragrance. Frankly I'm just not that into clothes, and feel no need to put on a tux to enjoy a formal fragrance.

But in terms of personality JAR's Jardenia ... reclusive, introverted, slightly odd, fond of flowers - and cheese!

Armani Eau pour Homme - very Old School and formal

I actually had to go and browse through my wardrobe but I think I foundone. By far not my favourite but consistent and a fairly matching description : Minotaure - Paloma Picasso
    I'm full of contrasts, happy go lucky guy with the eventual let down mood swing and inexplicable frustration. Wholeheartedly devoted a lot of things but often slightly planless. Well dressed (not necessarily expensive) and apparently attractive/sexy but angry at myself for caring a bit too much about it. Old fashioned all right with very precise aesthetic ideas of what I consider class and style.
    Overall just about bearable according to g/f and mates

Jaipur Homme I would have to say it has the mystery of a Moroccan spice market and is opulent like the intricate art of the far east. I am great lover and collector of items from the orient and most of my home decor is influenced by it so this fragrance does fit me.

Last edited by scentimus; 9th August 2010 at 12:13 AM.

Carlo Corinto Classic and Quorum

By Kilian Straight to Heaven - that's me.

Come to think of it though, I could list 5-6 that I felt that same way about.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 8th August 2010 at 10:39 PM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Jaipur I would have to say it has the mystery of a Moroccan spice market and is opulent like the intricate art of the far east. I am great lover and collector of items from the orient and most of my home decor is influenced by it so this fragrance does fit me.

is this Jaïpur pour homme or the one for women?
    I think JPH edP is a great scent!..but the edt is superb as well...

1. CHANEL Egoiste

2. Frapin Caravelle Epicee
    3. Hermes Bel Ami.
    4. Amouage Dia
    5. CHANEL Pour Monsieur Concentree
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 9th August 2010 at 08:27 AM.

Well, the singular word I think that describes me is 'ingenuous'... and while one synonym of that is naive (!), others are simple, plain, honest, deceitless and natural.

So there can be just one candidate for me in a bottle:

Kölnisch Wasser

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    is this Jaïpur pour homme or the one for women?
    I think JPH edP is a great scent!..but the edt is superb as well...
    Homme. I find the women's version a fruity sticky sweet mess.

Essence of Jerusalem, because it heightens my senses of both the carnal and the spiritual--until they are almost one. It makes me desire to see a phenomenon in the sky, and then make love.

I'm with Makassar - it can't be just one.

Mazzolari Lui
    Clive Christian x
    Guerlain Moscou
    Cashmere for Men
    Clive Christian c
    Minotaur
    Last edited by SoGent; 10th August 2010 at 12:33 AM.

A*Men Pure Malt... just because i drink too much, and i smell like wearing it even when i'm not... (^_^)

I wish i had the charisma to say La Nuit De L'Homme, but that's reserved to Vincent Cassel's levels

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Esencia de Loewe. You have to get pass the somewhat austere and cerebral exterior before you get to enjoy the smooth and awesome drydown...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Esencia de Loewe. You have to get pass the somewhat austere and cerebral exterior before you get to enjoy the smooth and awesome drydown...

That's one great masculine scent that is often overlooked...i could've sworn i wrote a review for it but i don't see it anywhere i wonder what happened...

Well, as a middle aged equity partner in a firm of accountants, I'd have to plump for Bois du Portugal.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

I guess I have a look all be it 20 years younger than I should dress , I dont think I smell in accordance to my style tho

Another Minotaure Paloma Picasso here, verging towards Mhyrre Ardente AG. Bright but mysterious, warm but a bit of a loner, sweet all the way, but mostly when I dry down

Isnt this topic just way too pretentious? I wont point fingers, but in another topic someone described certain notes to be for the "Mentally-challenged" and here their "fragrance" are obviously more "classic" "tasteful"... No offence, but i think someone could use some fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Abliss View Post
    Isnt this topic just way too pretentious? I wont point fingers, but in another topic someone described certain notes to be for the "Mentally-challenged" and here their "fragrance" are obviously more "classic" "tasteful"... No offence, but i think someone could use some fresh air.
    take it easy, mate

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    take it easy, mate
    I am all relaxed, no worries I just find this a bit too much. I should perhaps just had ignored it.

Thumbs up Re: "Me in the bottle"

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I pick Etro Shaal Nur. It's unpretentious, fairly feminine, multi-faceted, modern but not edgy, and it was created with nobility in mind. :-)