Code of Conduct

Default updated Montale website

Montale has finally up dated the web site
    http://www.montaleparfums.com/montale_US.php

Default Re: updated Montale website

Seems unfinished, not all working for me - unless I'm missing a plug-in?
    "Dont try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Seems unfinished, not all working for me - unless I'm missing a plug-in?
    Not working completely for me either.

Seems their competency at designing a web site is about on par with their competency in designing perfumes.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Seems their competency at designing a web site is about on par with their competency in designing perfumes.
    Ouch! Not a fan, I take it...

Not working for me either.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Ouch! Not a fan, I take it...
    Out of all the scents I've tried I have only given 17 of them one star. 4 of those 17, or 23.5%, are from Montale. Yeah, I think it's safe to say I'm not a fan!

As a house I feel their scents are poorly blended, quite often "flat" in texture (similar in quality to many cheap fragrance oil blends one can find at a import shop/head shop), have a muddy composition, are redundant/unorginal, and are overbearingly strong.

It is - almost solely, I believe - that last quality, their extreme strength and sillage, that I think has led to their popularity here on Basenotes. Some people have some very insensitive noses to be wearing 4+ sprays of Black Aoud out of the house!

Oh, and lets not forget how they often seem to copy, with merely a small tweak or two and an exponential increase in strength, popular frags (not in and of itself a crime but still, not particularly respect-worthy).

If this new website (and the old) and the fact that they suggest for you to email your credit card # to them to place an order isn't a sign that this is really an amateur outfit, I don't know what is. Montale represents a lot of the things wrong with niche perfumery, IMO.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 11th February 2010 at 12:52 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

If this new website (and the old) and the fact that they suggest for you to email your credit card # to them to place an order isn't a sign that this is really an amateur outfit, I don't know what is. Montale represents a lot of the things wrong with niche perfumery, IMO.
    I guess then it's an amateur outfit with beaucoup bucks and deep pockets if it picked the most expensive real estate in Paris, Place Vendome to set up its headquarters.

submitting your credit card info through a secure web site or sending it by email is the same thing, in both cases the store owner will have the info.

by the way the french site is a bit more functional!

http://www.montaleparfums.com/montale_FR.php
    Last edited by hawk; 11th February 2010 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    submitting your credit card info through a secure web site or sending it by email is the same thing, in both cases the store owner will have the info.

by the way the french site is a bit more functional!

http://www.montaleparfums.com/montale_FR.php
    It's not the same thing at all. I take it you're not aware that an email can and will go through many different computers, routers, etc, as it travels from you to Montale. When you send a plain email it is unencrypted and any transmission point along the way could easily sniff out your credit card numbers if it so wanted to.

Saying that it's the same thing is like saying sending cash is just as safe as sending a check or money order.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

It's not the same thing at all. I take it you're not aware that an email can and will go through many different computers, routers, etc, as it travels from you to Montale. When you send a plain email it is unencrypted and any transmission point along the way could easily sniff out your credit card numbers if it so wanted to.

Saying that it's the same thing is like saying sending cash is just as safe as sending a check or money order.
    actually I am aware... and if we're gonna start with network and internet security we'll never finish! For now I will say that I agree with you that it sounds fishy sometimes when they ask for CC info by email but alot of people like those montales including me (at least some of them) and they don't mind ordering them that way!

So has anybody had any luck getting on the website recently? I am trying to get some Montale with the extra shot, but there is no connection when I try to log onto the website. Also, this MaisonStinky website is down. Anybody have the e-mail or phone number? (I know that there are other websites that sell Montale like LuckyScent and Raffy, but I am looking for an extra shot bottle.)
    "Flagrantly fragrant and they can't escape me. My perfume pursued them everywhere that they went.
    You don't want a loan, leave my cologne alone. It's a little too strong for you to be putting on".
    - Lupe Fiasco

I think this is the email address where you send your info to montale to shop online

montaleparfums@hotmail.com

The website is not opening to me too =/
    I like Montale frags, but what i don't like about them is that they seem to be variations of the same base. If you have two or three of them, you don't need to have or care about the others. In my opinion, they should launch less fragrances and try hard to develop richer, different fragrances. I'd love to see a different oud comming from them.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I like Montale frags, but what i don't like about them is that they seem to be variations of the same base. If you have two or three of them, you don't need to have or care about the others. In my opinion, they should launch less fragrances and try hard to develop richer, different fragrances. I'd love to see a different oud comming from them.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. To be sure, it's a bizarre approach; I'd love to know what Pierre Montale is thinking.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying working my way through a set of Montale oud samples. It's amazing how versatile that oud note is -- most of the inflections seem to work pretty well. So it's an interesting perfumery lesson, and I'm also really warming to the idea of being able to "fine tune" the fragrance selection. On the third hand, they're similar enough that I like them all about equally. :-)

rickbr, try the Original Aouds if you want something a bit different. I don't personally find it all that pleasant, but it's definitely different. I think it's pretty well described as the smell of a boiler-type humidifier that hasn't been cleaned or descaled in years. Steam Aoud mixes a bit of that into the standard Montale aoud, and that one's quite successful.

Website does not work for me. Anyone order from Montale directly and if so, how recently?

Any word about ordering lately directly from montale? Other than that, it is the perfume shop in canada for me, $130 for Red Vetyver, 100ml. ANyone got a discount code for the perfume shop?

Is is possible to order from the Montale boutique directly?
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Any word about ordering lately directly from montale? Other than that, it is the perfume shop in canada for me, $130 for Red Vetyver, 100ml. ANyone got a discount code for the perfume shop?
    I ordered two fragrances from their website two years ago and NEVER got them. They charged me in Swiss money what's equivalent to US $200. Never managed to get my money back. Utter disgust.