Code of Conduct

Default my first order of Multiple niche samples

I've always just swapped or sampled in the store but due to not beig able to sample or get any of the ones I'm interested in I went to luckyscent so I'm a bit excited.
    I have these coming in the mail

Orange Star
    Tangerine Vert
    Orange Sanguine
    Rose 31
    Heeley Oranges and Lemons
    Heeley Menthe Fraiche
    Tea For Two

I've been on the lookout for a long lasting great smelling pure citrus. Eau d'orange vert is great bu doesn't last and Little Italy is the complete opposite. As soon as I get my samples I'll let u know what my first impressions and wearings feel like
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Default Re: my first order of Multiple niche samples

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    I've always just swapped or sampled in the store but due to not beig able to sample or get any of the ones I'm interested in I went to luckyscent so I'm a bit excited.
    I have these coming in the mail

Orange Star
    Tangerine Vert
    Orange Sanguine
    Rose 31
    Heeley Oranges and Lemons
    Heeley Menthe Fraiche
    Tea For Two

I've been on the lookout for a long lasting great smelling pure citrus. Eau d'orange vert is great bu doesn't last and Little Italy is the complete opposite. As soon as I get my samples I'll let u know what my first impressions and wearings feel like
    I'm looking forward to reading what you think about Tea for Two.
    Your fragrance wardrobe is a very masculine one imo, and I wonder what your reaction will be.
    I like it, but it has a feminine side which gives me the feeling I can't really pull it off.

I've only had the pleasure of smelling Rose 31 from your list. I doubt it will be what you expect, the name doesn't describe the scent particularly well (although there is a lot of rose in it). You'll love it Happy sniffing...

Orange Star is rather disappointing imo. I smells so "stuffy". This is one star that could shine much brighter.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here with Orange Star. It wasn't a fresh orange on me at all, it came out on my skin as a nasty chemical scent that was so bad, I had to rinse it off immediately and open all of my windows to let some fresh air in to the room.
    I've tried all that you've listed above and my favourites are the two Heeley ones which last a good amount of time on me. Tangerine Vert and Orange Sanguine are spot on, but you may find they do not last more than 90 minutes on you.
    Best wishes with them, you'll find something to your liking out of those

Post Thanks / Like

There are lots of Orange frags out there. If you like Hermes Eau D'Orange Vert, why not just get the Concentree version?
    Have you tried Terre D'Hermes? it's also got a strong orangey note.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Happy sniffing.....You'll have to post Your feelings about these samples.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    O/k, and a not too smart tipp besides, but it hasn't been told yet. Why not reapplicate? Example given from a travel atomizer. I do. It works. That way I haven't have to trade pleasent zingy versus longevity. Not at least I decide whenever I want that zingy in spite of having it around all times, getting bored by it.

Post Thanks / Like

Rose 31 rocks
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

I finally got my samples in the mail and here's my thoughts

Orange Sanguine - This one is my favorite citrus fragrance of the bunch. It is the most delicious realistic pure citrus fragrance that's reminiscent of a blood orange. If someone was holding a blood orange was held infront of my face I don't think I could tell the difference if first sprayed. It smells of the juice, bitter pith, tangy rind and very natural. The longevity is pretty good although, the projection is minimal. It's more of a skin scent but tends to last a long time. After is dries it becomes slightly soapy and a tad floral with a tad of sweetness.
    Heeley Oranges and Lemons - Longest lasting of the citrus fragrances apart from Orange Star Toilet Bowl Cleaner. I prefer orange to lemon so I prefer Sanguine over this. It's pretty linear overall and doesn't have much other than the citrus although, the more it dries down it has a very subtle soapy background but hardly noticeable.
    Orange Star - This smells like a harsh chemical orange cleaner, not household ones but industrial grade. It's just about as strong too. It has a tinge of sweetness to it but it's so suffocating and harsh, major disappointment. I don't really hate many fragrances but this one is disgusting. I'm going to use my sample to clean my toilet

Heeley Menthe Fraiche - This one is excellent, it's very refreshing without smelling like tumor toothpaste. Ive tried Geranium Pour Monsieur and I just got Colgate for such a long time. This is light citrus/green tea with subtle mint. I'm not sure how'd I'd feel about this one but, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's slightly sweet and longevity is pretty good considering how light it's composed. It doesn't feel cheap at all, it reminds me of citrus green tea with mint sweetened with brown sugar.
    Tangerine Vert - This one is very nice, tart, juicy and very natural. Although, longevity and projection is subpar. I prefer Orange Sanguine over this one as well as the Oranges and Lemons. The early top notes are wonderful but as it fires down towards the middle and base it becomes less interestingand tangy. It has some floral background it feels like. It's not bad but, Eau D'Orange Vert lasts about as long and is better.
    Tea For Two - This immediately reminded me if Bvlgary Black becaus of the tea but, is definitely a gourmand I would say more than anything else. If an incense fragrance and a oriental fragrances had a baby and meanwhile a gourmand and bvlgari black had a baby and by some miracle those two babies met and f@&ked..this would be what they birthed. It's smoky, creamy, slightly rubbery with spiced vanilla like incense. It's has amazing longevity and projection and is quite complex. I like it quite a bt and I get a Pure Malt type vibe from it. I don't find it that hard to wear like some people make it out to be.
    Rose 31 - This is a very interesting fragrance. I was expecting less rose and more woody from the reviews but, I get quite a but of rose. It feels like a rose is dusted in cumin and other spices and wood shavings. It's not dirty but feels very spiced and dry. I would call it clean more than dirty but, it's quite complex and marrys opposing notes quite well. I like it but I'm not sure if it's really me. I'll have to give it some wearings. Cumin is present but done very well because when I usually smell cumin I think of tacos! Luckily this does it well and I don't think of that. It's really nice and it's slowly getting better and better.

So far I really like Menthe Fraiche and Rose 31. Orange Sanguine is really nice as is Tea For Two but, I don't know if I'd buy a bottle of those. Oranges and Lemons and Tangerine Vert were nice but, not bottle worthy. Orange Star is disgusting but, Andy Tauer would have the industrial toilet bowl cleaner market cornered if he used it as such. Scrubbing Bubbles couldn't compete.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

I finally got my samples in the mail and here's my thoughts

Orange Sanguine - This one is my favorite citrus fragrance of the bunch. It is the most delicious realistic pure citrus fragrance that's reminiscent of a real blood orange. If someone was holding a blood orange in front of my face I don't think I could tell the difference between this and the orange if the fragrance was just sprayed. It smells of the juice, bitter pith, tangy rind and the natural quality. The longevity is pretty good although, the projection is minimal. It's more of a skin scent but tends to last a long time. After is dries it becomes slightly soapy and a tad floral with a tad of sweetness. It is very enjoyable although, the projection leaves something to be desired.

Heeley Oranges and Lemons - Somewhat different since I get a subtle tea note in it. I prefer orange to lemon so I prefer Sanguine over this. It's pretty linear overall and doesn't have much other than the citrus although, the more it dries down it has a very subtle soapy background but hardly noticeable. I get a little more tea as it dries down but it's a pretty straightforward mostly linear orange/lemon classic cologne scent. It's good quality but I'm not so sure about the price for what it offers.

Orange Star - This smells like a harsh chemical orange cleaner, not household ones but industrial grade. It's just about as strong too. It has a tinge of sweetness to it but it's so suffocating and harsh, major disappointment. I don't really hate many fragrances but this one is disgusting. I'm going to use my sample to clean my toilet

Heeley Menthe Fraiche - This one is excellent, it's very refreshing without smelling like gum or toothpaste. Ive tried Geranium Pour Monsieur and I just got Colgate for such a long time. This is light citrus/green tea with subtle mint. I'm not sure how'd I'd feel about this one but, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's slightly sweet and longevity is pretty good considering how light it's composed. It doesn't feel cheap at all, it reminds me of citrus green tea with mint sweetened with brown sugar. The best mint fragrance I've ever tried although, the longevity is rather poor and since longevity is quite the important factor for me I'm not sure on this one. The scent itself is intoxicating, refreshing, delicious and well crafted I'm split on this one.

Tangerine Vert - This one is very nice, tart, juicy and very natural. Although, longevity and projection is subpar. I prefer Orange Sanguine over this one as well as the Oranges and Lemons. The early top notes are wonderful but as it fires down towards the middle and base it becomes less interesting and tangy. It has some floral background it feels like. It's not bad but, Eau D'Orange Vert lasts about as long and is better. It feels cheap as it dries down and closer resembles an orange Life Savers.

Tea For Two - This immediately reminded me if Bvlgari Black because of the tea but, is definitely a gourmand I would say more than anything else. If an incense fragrance and a oriental fragrances had a baby and meanwhile a gourmand and Bvlgari Black had a baby and by some miracle those two babies met and f@&ked..this would be what they birthed. It's smoky, creamy, slightly rubbery with spiced vanilla like incense. It's has amazing longevity but, projection is rather close to the skin. It is quite complex and reminds me of a heavier sweeter Gucci PH II. I like it quite a bit and I get a Pure Malt type vibe from it. I don't find it that hard to wear like some people make it out to be, it's just the opening that is somewhat harsh and very smoky. I can only see myself owning a decant and not a full bottle.

Rose 31 - This is a very interesting fragrance. I was expecting less rose and more woody from the reviews but, I get quite a but of rose. It feels like a rose is dusted in cumin and other spices and wood shavings. It's not dirty but feels very spiced and dry. I would call it clean more than dirty but, it's quite complex and marries opposing notes quite well. I like it but I'm not sure if it's really me. I'll have to give it some wearings. Cumin is present but done very well because when I usually smell cumin I think of tacos! Luckily this does it well and I don't think of that. It's really nice and it's slowly getting better and better. It's spiced rose that's dusty, woody and dry yet clean.

So far I really like Menthe Fraiche and Rose 31 but, Menthe Fraiche's longevity isn't very good but it's probably my favorite smell of the bunch. Orange Sanguine is really nice as is Tea For Two but, I don't know if I'd buy a bottle of those. Oranges and Lemons and Tangerine Vert were nice but, not bottle worthy. Orange Star is disgusting but, Andy Tauer would have the industrial toilet bowl cleaner market cornered if he used it as such. Scrubbing Bubbles couldn't compete.
    Last edited by MrFragranceReview; 12th August 2010 at 06:48 PM.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

Post Thanks / Like

Spot on reviews of those above I think anyone who can wear Orange Star and pull it off, deserves a HUGE pat on the back

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Spot on reviews of those above I think anyone who can wear Orange Star and pull it off, deserves a HUGE pat on the back
    They'd deserve a medal for being able to pull that off. I could see a serial killer pulling it off though they'd probably smell it anyways from cleaning up after the mess.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

Point Blank

I'm really interested in Heeley Menthe Fraiche... I like mint but it's a difficult note to get right...

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I'm really interested in Heeley Menthe Fraiche... I like mint but it's a difficult note to get right...
    I completely agree, I normally don't like fragrances with mint which is why I was skeptical about Menthe Fraiche. It's the only mint fragrance I like from what I've tried so far. Definitely worth sampling, I really enjoy it thus far.

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

double post

SALES THREAD

Contact through PM

Post Thanks / Like

did you quit the youtube reviews? You had a nice channel and you have a collection of stuff that hasn't been reviewed much.