Code of Conduct

Default finally ... outrageous?

Hi, just a little inquiry regarding a so far final purchase of a fragrance. Commendations required and appreciated.

I've got an extensive set of perfumes already including ELDOs Nombrile Immense, Eloge Du Traitre, Artisans Patchouli Patch, Sisleys Eau De Campagne, some citrus oriented colognes, lavenders, some mint, Givenchys Insense, Vetyver, III, Morabitos Or Black, Knize Ten, Balmains Monsieur, Valentinos Ocean Rain, plus so many samples. On the ladies side Lauders Beyond Paradise, the new Missoni, Piguets Fracas and Bandit, Balmains Vent Vert (several), ELDOs Jasmine Et Cigarette, Encens Et Bubblegum, vintage Guerlains etc pp, just by far too many.

My mission is to reduce it to the max. What I need is an overt synthetic masculine. It should by no means resemble something natural - at least in the first place. It could if not should be hidious. If so, then by purpose, please. The ELDOs have been some kind of exercise with training wheels - regarding playfulness. What about to leave the guideline of natural scents alltogether towards something standing for itself?

My first attempt has been Outrageous! within the Malle-lineup. But alas You all on the board prevented me from buying it unsniffed. Regarding Luca Turin Outrageous! shares the musk with DKNY Woman, that furthermore shares that with the Mugler Cologne (I own two, sigh ...). That given and compiling the Big Apple note that is quite prominent with the DKNY-line, with Barneys Co-Op exclusiveness, situated in New York: Outrageous! is a minor local event, and righteous so. I've already tried Tommy Girl that had to much calone (fresh water effect) for my taste.

Something similar to Outrageous! but of global validity?

Default Re: finally ... outrageous?

It's not very similiar to Outrageous, but as far as a good synthetic, you really should try Escentric Molecules Molecule #1. It's pretty much straight-up Iso E Super. Wearing it is a completely unique experience as it fades quickly to the wearers nose but is definitely noticable to those around you. It'll definitely fill a unique spot in your wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    It's not very similiar to Outrageous, but as far as a good synthetic, you really should try Escentric Molecules Molecule #1. It's pretty much straight-up Iso E Super. Wearing it is a completely unique experience as it fades quickly to the wearers nose but is definitely noticable to those around you. It'll definitely fill a unique spot in your wardrobe.
    Thank You very much. I know that stuff, strange really. But it is more a piece of art than a frag: it doesn't connect to bodily odors and additionally it lasts to long, as hydroxy in some vintage Diorissimo did to my nose.

What about Comme Des Garcons?

What about Comme Des Garcons?
    Odeur 53 or 71 are supposedly very, very synthetic. Again, though, they might be considered "art" as you say rather than an actual wearable frag. I think of the two 71 is probably more wearable.

What about Gendarme?

Quote Originally Posted by sirsmellzalot View Post
    Odeur 53 or 71 are supposedly very, very synthetic.
    That is an o/k advise, but where to buy? Probably I missed that train by a year or two at least. Now as CDG is mainstream by any means I thought mainstream could have had adopted the basic idea of CDG respectively, hmm. What made me curious about Outrageous! was the statement it would have been a Mondrian if it was a painting. I would appreciate a scent that was anything but real.

Between Odeur 53 and 71 I like 71 the best.....Welcome to Basenotes WildThingy!!! You have a fantastic collection!!! I hope You find the fragrance that completes Your search.....Again, Welcome to Basenotes!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

From CDG, you might like Play. It has that same sort of thoroughly-artificial glowing faux-citrus. Though I'm not sure if it's any more readily available. It's the crossover of the Odeur collection, posessing that artificial orange to get you in the door before hitting you with the surrealism of its other more experimental notes.

For something easy to find, possibly Clinique's ubiquitous Happy for Men. The strangely uplifting artificial citrus in the topnotes is done incredibly well, but it very quickly fades to a sort of day-glo yuzu fruit resting on trampled-down astroturf. I don't think it would pass as a Mondrian, but perhaps a Warhol, with a picture of an orange slashed with off-kilter flourescent paint.
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

For something synthetic and outrageous look no further than the Synthetic Series from Commes des Garcon. The CdG Soda is my favorite and it is very synth and like a bubbly soda. Also CdG Tar is good, smells like tar - CdG Garage smells like motor oil and auto parts etc. Also along this line of synthetic but very interesting is Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia.

Another synthetic but strange smelling thing is S-eX Perfume which smells like sexy vinyl leather musk. It is hard to find though but it is good for a synthetic leathery plastic kind of scent that is strangely alluring.

I am in the minority here but I really enjoyed Outrageous and bolted through a bottle last summer. I love its explosive wintergreen rubbery freshness. Some say it smells like Woolite, yeah ok - but Woolite smell is not that bad, that's why they use that smell because it smells fresh and people respond to it positively.