Code of Conduct
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default SotD - Saturday the 7th of August

Good morning to all the ladies ...
    ... and to those of you who aren't!

For S'n'S, I did manage to find a semi-fresh frag in my possession;

Not much to say, though, it's a fresh fig scent, and I adore it!

Default Re: SotD - Saturday the 7th of August

Have a nice weekend

Wearing Chamade by Guerlain
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil for the S'N'S

I was so surprise to find myself dig deep looking for the fresh, watery scent like this one.
    And I live near Equator, FYI!

Anyway, what a coincident, Le Grand Duc, as I was planing to wear Dune (F) in the evening. I even had it posted in my local SotD. website!

Cheers to Dior!

Hello, darlings !
    FRESH was yesterday, alas-
    Bois de Figue, by Serena...

Today I NEED Ava Luxe Ambra Tibet...
    Amber everywhere, for looong w/e at work during The Cardinal Cross !

Hope all are well !
    Happy Birthdays, annies I may have missed ...

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aqua Motu for S'n'S

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Anyway, what a coincident, Le Grand Duc, as I was planing to wear Dune (F) in the evening. I even had it posted in my local SotD. website!

Cheers to Dior!
    Great minds think alike!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Wings - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Yvresse again! I need a mood lifter, after all this
    depressing weather we are having over here.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Puro Lino for Sniff-n-Speak Saturday (Fresh)

Notes include geranium, jasmine, verbena, neroli, green notes and musk.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Good morning everyone For the S'n'S I'm in CK Contradiction. I guess is the closest I'll ever get to a fresh scent.Enjoy the saturday everyone!

L'Eau Frappé - Yummy, yummy, yummy!

L'Artisan's Verte Violette

Good Morning everybody! Right now I'm drinking my coffee and wearing TOM FORD EXTREME. I wish they'd make this in parfum so it would last longer.

Basenotes Plus

Sharing the house with Sophi in Guerlain Cologne du Parfumeur for SnS.

Have a lovely Saturday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Hello everyone -

I didn't bring any aquatics with me, so I opted for the rosey gorgeousness of By Kilian Rose Oud - another stunning rose for the wish-list.

Y'all have a great day!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Mackie for Men this AM
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hello all. Caron French Can Can extract.
    DONNA

Thumbs up Re: SotD - Saturday the 7th of August

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I had to go with Escale a Portofino. Hard to find a fresh aquatic in my collection that not also a citrus. Have a great weekend, everyone!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Plus

For SnS the only thing that would do is my new obession, the freshy, fruity and briney:

Womanity by Thierry Mugler
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Didn´t find anything suitable for S&S in my wardrobe, so I went with Hot Couture EdP (Givenchy).

Have a smashing Saturday, all!
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I'm going to get my drink on with the girls wearing Mugler's ANGEL!

@Musse, you smell mighty good!

L'Eau Serge Lutens for the Sniff-n-Speak.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Institution

I decided to go for L'eau Serge Lutens today - a lovely sample from Boosh ! It IS very fresh and quite lovely.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

My favorite "fresh" scent, Antonia Flowers, Sogni del Mare. Instantly transports you to an evening at Cape Cod, well...for me anyway.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Two extrait decants from The Perfumed Court arrived this morning, so I sprayed one on each arm. They are: Or et Noir, and N'aimez que Moi. Bliss!

I’m wearing Lilly Pulitzer Beachy for SnS. And it makes me sad because I’m not at the beach where I most enjoy being. Isn’t that just great…scents evocative of happy places make me sad.

Off to go check out what the Cardinal Cross means. Something rare astrologically, I’m thinking. Maybe it accounts for my little "mood".

Womanity sounds nice, Candy Perfume Boy. I wonder if that’s at my local mall yet. I may brave it just to go sniff.

I decided on Eau des Merveilles for SnS today. I love the jus and the bottle equally.

First the bottle: It sits charmingly on a side (it has two) leaning slightly right or left. Or on it's back to display it's glassy, colored, roundness almost devoid of markings, looking like a beautiful marble or a drop of water. Sitting on it's front, the shining stars (orange bottle) or constellations (blue bottle) totally captivate me. The stars on the orange bottle also look like sparkling sand, nodding a reference to the beachy salt notes of the scent. Whether it's the orange or blue bottle, the jus inside looks and moves like water - not perfume, in keeping with "eau" des Merveilles. I could stare at the bottle all day.

The fragrance: Oranges, pine needles, salt-covered dry weeds and grasses on a sunbaked sandy dune is what this smells like to me. Also, there's the scent of the the sea spray when a wave crashes onto the shore. Throughout the day, the gentle fragrance wafts in out of my consciousness, making me smile when I'm reminded of it's presence. And I always think "Oh, that smells so, so good !!".
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I got a scented card of Womanity in the mail and didn't like the scent at all, but the bottle looks very cool!

Errands today. Lots of them. I've sprayed all over with the cheerfully mediocre and evanescent Luxe Pink Grapefruit from Target and am taking the bottle along with me to respray often. Sometimes, mediocre and chreerful is just the right thing.

Blog Entries

Vent Vert by Pierre Balmain........................................... ............day

Amber Gris by Pierre Balmain........................................... ...........after 5

Quote Originally Posted by pomander View Post
    I decided on Eau des Merveilles for SnS today. I love the jus and the bottle equally.

First the bottle: It sits charmingly on a side (it has two) leaning slightly right or left. Or on it's back to display it's glassy, colored, roundness almost devoid of markings, looking like a beautiful marble or a drop of water. Sitting on it's front, the shining stars (orange bottle) or constellations (blue bottle) totally captivate me. The stars on the orange bottle also look like sparkling sand, nodding a reference to the beachy salt notes of the scent. Whether it's the orange or blue bottle, the jus inside looks and moves like water - not perfume, in keeping with "eau" des Merveilles. I could stare at the bottle all day.

The fragrance: Oranges, pine needles, salt-covered dry weeds and grasses on a sunbaked sandy dune is what this smells like to me. Also, there's the scent of the the sea spray when a wave crashes onto the shore. Throughout the day, the gentle fragrance wafts in out of my consciousness, making me smile when I'm reminded of it's presence. And I always think "Oh, that smells so, so good !!".
    Ooh! Once I'm off my imposed scent spending moratorium I am going to have to try this multi-sense-tweaking scent!

Today I'm in Caron Bellodgia and enjoying the air conditioning after a morning of picking cayenne peppers and weeding in the garden (yup, Dukie, I'm back to slave girl status.) And recovering from my short vacation!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Changed into Ciel by Amouage for dinner...

Blog Entries

IPdF-Brezza di Mare

This dazzling fragrance uncannily captures the salty airy freshness
    of a pristine sea breeze. The blend was inspired by i Profumi di Firenze
    master perfumer Alessandro Morsiani’s love for the sea. He spent a year
    meticulously crafting just the right blend that would conjure the serene
    magnificence of the Mediterranean morning air. The scent opens with
    top notes of Sea Salt and Bergamot from the Calabrian coast.
    Freshly picked lemons and limes from the seaside cliffs of Sicily are
    touched with a whisper of watermelon to create this elegantly minimal
    fragrance that is perfect all year round. Quote from Beauty Habit website.
    Last edited by kumquat; 7th August 2010 at 05:13 PM.

CarnalFlower

for a day of gallery hopping.

Basenotes Institution

Eau Radieuse by Humiecki & Graef

The last drops from my decant. I want more! This stuff is perhaps the only aquatic I can tolerate, mostly because it's sandwiched between the largest (and coldest) mint note in the universe and this subtle green banana skin accord. Plus, because of it's synthetic DNA it lasts insanely long. After this morning's heavy workout at the gym, this stuff rocks. Thanks T!

Bath & Body Works ~ Exotic Coconut

Back from a bit of vacation, I am wearing SMN Cuba. I fear I don't own any aquatics.

A blend of Central Park and Little Italy.....Both from Bond No.9
    Gary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    My favorite "fresh" scent, Antonia Flowers, Sogni del Mare. Instantly transports you to an evening at Cape Cod, well...for me anyway.
    I am your scent twin today! I have hoarded this sample to try this Saturday (and even though I was tempted to deviate from SnS I went with the plan!) and I like it. Will reapply though because it's not super long lasting.

Or... instead of reapplying, I can go for some other fresh/aquatics from my stash! Decisions, decisions!

Scent twin with pomander in:

Eau des Merveilles

Basenotes Plus

@ Warum, I find that I can't smell SdM after a short period of time but my sister assures me that it is definitely there up to 4 hours later. I think it's one of those scent that my nose adjusts to quickly & I don't smell on myself anymore. Wonder if that's happening with you too?

Tonights scent is Issey Miyake's L'Eau d"Issey Pour La Nuit. Never heard much about this one but I liked my little sample.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

This afternoon to carry on with the 'fresh' note of S N S - I am wearing ample amounts of Clarin's Eau de Jardins ( from spraying at Macy's ! ) which is a very pleasant ,pretty citrus, floral musk scent. Not particularly unusual but very pleasing anyhow. I feel like getting a bottle.
    I also am quite pleased with my Clarins purchase of a jar of Body Shaping Cream which I love so much - I have used it for years, on and off . I buy it mainly for the scent and I don't believe it shapes any part of my body .

This afternoon I'm on track with the SnS in Nickel Eau Maximum, a funny little scent (marketed for men) that is supposedly good for before, during, and after physical activitty. It was the latest (before the moratorium) TJ Maxx purchase and is indeed fresh smelling, with a nice bracing opening few notes then it kind of subsides into "Eau de Mall Fraiche" (a mishmash of notes that all smell fairly cheaply synthetic to me but aren't bad enough to scrub off.) Melon seems to stay and stay and stay though.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

(From the SnS thread....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyfunny View Post
    I can participate this year, because I actually have an aquatic now! Cool Water Woman Wave (aka CWWW) is my sotd.
    It begins slightly melon-y and peppery (calone & carnation?), and this is about the strongest phase of this fragrance. It quickly settles into a very cold, clean, quiet jasmine. Think Pure Poison without the sillage. It really is refreshing, and I enjoy it most on a hot evening after a shower, paired with something loose and billowy.
    Oh, ME TOO! ME TOO!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

SotA is Atelier Trefle Pur (which doesn't smell of clover to me, more of bergamot > musk), from a sample given to me at Neiman Marcus.

I almost missed SnS, but I happened to try Bleu by Chanel today. I sprayed my sample on DH a few days ago and got a Cool Water vibe that I was not liking, but it does not happen on my skin. I know it is not being popular on the male forum, but I am liking this.

I did not have a chance to congratulate RHM for her roof repair and most of all for having hubby coming home soon. So exciting!

I have an eye infection, it is actually on both eyes, but one is worst. Please be careful when you get make-overs or just trying things at Sephora. Something bad happened to me after visiting the Lancome counter at my local mall. I saw the SA cleaning the brush I used to apply eye-liner, but... It is just no worth the aggravation. The prescription drops I am getting make me very sensitive to light, and even using the computer for an extended period of time really bothers me, which is not good for my work.

Anyway, bring back the happy thoughts! I hope you are having a great weekend.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I almost missed SnS, but I happened to try Bleu by Chanel today. I sprayed my sample on DH a few days ago and got a Cool Water vibe that I was not liking, but it does not happen on my skin. I know it is not being popular on the male forum, but I am liking this.

I did not have a chance to congratulate RHM for her roof repair and most of all for having hubby coming home soon. So exciting!

I have an eye infection, it is actually on both eyes, but one is worst. Please be careful when you get make-overs or just trying things at Sephora. Something bad happened to me after visiting the Lancome counter at my local mall. I saw the SA cleaning the brush I used to apply eye-liner, but... It is just no worth the aggravation. The prescription drops I am getting make me very sensitive to light, and even using the computer for an extended period of time really bothers me, which is not good for my work.

Anyway, bring back the happy thoughts! I hope you are having a great weekend.
    Arwen- I hope your eyes get better soon- it's very annoying to have eye infections and uncomfortable. *HUGS*

Hi all! My SotD is Pacifica Malibu Lemon Blossom, from this cute little solid:

From the Pacifica website:

When I am dreaming of California, of dreamy surf and lemon blossoms scenting the salty ocean air with their sweet perfume, of long warm summer days at the beach - this is the fragrance of my memories. An olfactory ode to the sun, surf and flora of Southern California beaches - from Rincon Point to Malibu. I set out to capture the magical moment of surfacing - coming up out of the saltiness of the Pacific ocean waters into the morning sun and clean California air.
    I'm more familiar with the beaches of Hawai'i and Northern California, but I sure like this sunny, happy fragrance!

Oh gosh arwen_elf, those eye infections are just such an aggravation. I hope that your eyes get better soon...

I'm not sure if this one really fits with SnS, but it's a nice Saturday afternoon fragrance, nonetheless...

L'Occitane Peony (the new one)

I forgot about SnS!

I was synchronized with my sis in Bali Dream this morning and then in Philosykos this evening. Do either of these qualify? I will wear something fresh in the morning to church in repentance. Lightly applied of course so as not to upset the choir matrons.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk