Code of Conduct

Default TOBACCO VANILLE and? BACK TO BLACK

I own TF TV do I really need B2B?
    Is it justifiably different enough?

Default Re: TOBACCO VANILLE and? BACK TO BLACK

A lot of that comes down to personal taste I think Neal. I have test worn TV a few times. I can't say I have a lot of knowledge of Back to Black, but if memory serves it's a very different vibe.

TV to me is prominent, sweet vanilla with a touch of tobacco. I can't describe BtoB in detail, but my take away is that it's a more complex scent. Not as sweet. Love to hear others weigh in.

They're quite different. Back to Black is more dense and complex, TV is more sweet and loud. They don't really have much in common and wouldn't be mistaken for each other.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    AbdesSalaam Attar, Naomi Goodsir, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, L'Atelier de Givenchy, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse, by Kilian, and Oliver & Co. splits.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Are they different frags, well sure... but if what you're getting at is will they essentially serve the same purpose, then yes, I think B2B would be a little redundant. They both serve that Tobacco accord, strong sweet frag, etc hole. So while I think they're a little different, I myself (with about 30 bottles total) would find one of them more or less unnecessary.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I'd prefer TV and advise you to sample Back to Black first. BtB starts flashy and is down to a thin sweet something (not much left) within 10-15 minutes on my skin. Well, I love Chergui and obviously do not feel the need to have either of these. TV reminds me of an unlit kretek.

With a lot of this it really depends on how much you like a certain genre. For example I adore tuberose so Tubereuse Criminelle, Carnal Flower, Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, Tubereuse Couture, and ( soon to be added ) Fracas all have their unique place in my collection.

I find BtB and TV to be very different fragrances, and if I adored tobacco I'd likely own both plus Ambre Narguile, Chergui, and probably a quite a few others in this genre. So ask yourself - how often do you feel like wearing a sweet tobacco fragrance? If the answer is anything close to "frequently", you could get a lot of joy out of having BtB in your collection.

Sur la Plage

They are very different IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Indeed I own and love both , however TV is definatly the poor relation to B2B which is far more complex

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

They are different enough, with the By Kilian having the better development. I suggest you sample Back to Black 1st before deciding on what could be a hefty purchase. But between these 2, I'd pick the By Kilian over the TF anytime.

I have and love both They share some notes, but are definitely quite different. I actually didn't like Back to Black at first, but ended up loving it after a while.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!