Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Homme

Is this just an anemic scent? I can barely smell it. Is this one of those scents famous for anosmia and habituation? Even in the first few minutes I can barely make it out. WTF! As I had such high hopes.

Default Re: Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Homme

You must unfortunately be anosmic to it. It's quite strong and long lasting. A brilliant fragrance.
    Vintage Guerlain, Maître Parfumeur et Gantier, and other rare off-site sales.
    Frederic Malle, Guerlain, by Kilian, and Amouage splits.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Post Thanks / Like

Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme a different scent from Yohji Yamamoto Homme? It is Yohji Yamamoto Homme that I tried.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme a different scent from Yohji Yamamoto Homme? It is Yohji Yamamoto Homme that I tried.
    There is Yohji Homme (1999) and Yohji Yamamoto pour Homme (2004).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fragrance notes for Yohji Homme by Yohji Yamamoto:

Liquorice, Rum, Coffee, Cinnamon, Leather.

This is a strong frag. If you cannot smell it you either have a gone bad/altered bottle or you are anosmic to it.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post

This is a strong frag. If you cannot smell it you either have a gone bad/altered bottle or you are anosmic to it.
    (+1)
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Post Thanks / Like

Well I bought it at TPC and either it has gone bad or perhaps they mixed up the names. Others have mentioned that Yohji Homme (1999) is a bit anemic. So now I am totally confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Scenter View Post
    I'd consider it a safe blind buy only in that you're certain to be able to unload the bottle easily if you don't like it. I have an issue with anosmia/habituation with this scent: I can't detect it on myself after ten or fifteen minutes, no matter how much I apply. Given some of the previous posts, it would appear I'm not alone in this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    If you love everything licorice, then if you get it for a good price you can always swap it off if you happen to dislike it. I found Lolita Lempicka au Masculin Fraicheur to be close enough (I actually like it more), so I sold off my bottle of YH. Also, if you are a "power frag" guy it might be a bit weak for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    I had the same problem in cooler weather with YH... it just went POOF. In warmer weather though, at least on my skin, it stays around a little longer. Not an all-day delight, but 4-5 hours I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Many years ago, it was a big hit on this forum. I think it's really good, but thought it was only good for three or four hours. Others claimed it lasted a lot longer on them.
    Renato
    [QUOTE=Zizanioides;1866559]I wouldn't go in for a blind buy of it. It is an excellent gourmand influenced aromatic fougere but, as Dullah pointed out, the longevity isn't much and I find it a touch too shy and retir

I do not find this too strong, it stays rather close to the skin after some time

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you get your bottle /sample from and what does it look like?
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Strong and long lasting? Yohji Homme?? Are you kidding me? I had a bottle of this last year but had to let it go because it just doesn't last and fades within 2-3 hours. Apparently this is a big problem with the fragrance. Anyone who finds it strong and long lasting, please be kind to send me a 2ml vial of the 'strong' stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Strong and long lasting? Yohji Homme?? Are you kidding me? I had a bottle of this last year but had to let it go because it just doesn't last and fades within 2-3 hours. Apparently this is a big problem with the fragrance. Anyone who finds it strong and long lasting, please be kind to send me a 2ml vial of the 'strong' stuff.

2ml is all I have
    Last edited by Rosehavn; 7th August 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    Where did you get your bottle /sample from and what does it look like?
    Got it from TPC.

Post Thanks / Like

Fragrance is strong at first, but doesn't have very good longevity. Are you able to smell the licorice note when you first apply it?

I'm not much of a licorice fan, but once a month or two I like it. I found that the Fraicheur version of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin was my favorite of these. As to the longevity, for me they are the kind of frags you catch wafts of every now and then. It's not like most of the other frags I have, but the longevity is good. However, with my skin chemistry almost all frags have good longevity. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosehavn View Post
    (+1)
    I agree.....This will last all day for sure.....Fantastic!!!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post

I should have used this quote in my post.....sorry.....Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by junkfood View Post
    I do not find this too strong, it stays rather close to the skin after some time
    I agree - I've had multiple bottles and it wears very close for me. I wouldn't call it anemic, but it's certainly not a loud fragrance.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Off-Scenter

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    My experience as well. See the review here.

If we are talking about Yohji Homme, its a beautiful gourmand fragrance and lasted a long time on my skin which doesn't hold scents very well at all! Too bad its discontinued now, Is Lolita Lempicka au Masculin quite simmilar?