Code of Conduct

Default Coco Chanel Splash EDT Question

Hi,

While I am newly registered, I've been lurking on Basenotes, reading reviews and such, for months. I love it here, but finally registered because I've got a perfume conundrum, and I'm hoping you lovely perfume enthusiasts can help me.

I was wondering if anyone knows if Chanel has done a 2.5oz splash bottle of the Coco EDT in the last few years. (Not one of the Strawberrynet ones). I'm looking at one on ebay the seller received as a gift and doesn't wear. Made in 2007, according to the date code.

I in no way wish to imply anything negative about the seller, she's been very nice about answering my questions. My concern about getting a fake would be that she doesn't know it's a fake.

There is no writing on the back of the bottle label. The writing on the bottom, which is molded into/part of the glass bottle reads as follows, according to the seller:
    1.code# SGO (date code)
    2. CHANEL name
    4.vol (80%)
    5. 75ml 2.5fl.oz
    6. 1

Everything looks spot on, but I'm waffling because I haven't even seen splash bottles of Coco on the Chanel website. I've read many of the horror stories about fake Chanels on ebay, and so I am very, very cautious. If I didn't love splash bottles so much, I wouldn't even be thinking about taking the risk.

Thanks for reading my novella of a post, and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Coco Chanel Splash EDT Question

Chanel still makes 75 ml splash bottles of Coco edt, they just don't distribute them everywhere.

Thanks for the info. Out of curiosity, where do they distribute them? Anywhere in the US?

Splash bottles are mainly sold in France/Germany/Spain/Italy.

In France , i'm afraid you don't have any 75ml Coco edt in splash..only 50 & 100 ml...

Thanks for the link. Looking at the picture, the label is higher than on the bottle I'm thinking about getting.

Here's a link to the auction, if anyone feels like offering their Chanel expertise.

http://cgi.ebay.com/COCO-CHANEL-Eau-...item4151b5871e

Again, thanks for all the information and help. It's so nice to interact with fellow fragrance enthusiasts.