• Kenzo Flower

13 30.23%
  • Shalimar

30 69.77%
    DeepSilence

Default Kenzo Flower and Shalimar?

Hi all of BNers stylist ladies
    I need your help.
    First: Which one you prefer generally? Vote it please.
    Second: Which one young girls prefer more? Both of them?
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 8th August 2010 at 07:10 AM.

Default Re: Kenzo Flower and Shalimar?

I own and love Shalimar, but I voted Kenzo Flower for a young girl. It's hard to know which fragrance someone else will prefer, though, unless you know the person well. For a young girl, I think Shalimar Light or Eau de Shalimar might be nice. Just because Kenzo Flower is more recent doesn't mean she will like it, so it's difficult to say. It would depend on what I knew of the girl's taste.

DeepSilence

Thanks Lilybelle. I guessed Kenzo Flower too. But Poll shows Shalimar is more interesting generally. I confused

Blog Entries

To me there is no contest. Shalimar is awesome.

Shalimar is glorious and the EDT version is light enough that a young woman would not find it heavy nor dated feeling.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser sa source

Hmm. I'm in my 20's and I cringe at the idea of wearing Shalimar, even the edt (I think it smells like old make-up and dust, to be frank) and I'm willing to bet most of my age group or younger -- especially non-perfumistas raised on 'fresh and clean' scents -- will feel the same way. I mean, they might find it interesting as a curiosity, but wearable? I doubt it.

While I personally find FlowerbyKenzo kinda dull (to be fair to Shalimar, it's definitely more interesting than Flower), it's perfectly nice, inoffensive, and most people find it pleasant. I think that one's a safe bet, if you're getting this as a present for someone young.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Aznavour; 8th August 2010 at 08:53 AM.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I own and love Shalimar, but I voted Kenzo Flower for a young girl. It's hard to know which fragrance someone else will prefer, though, unless you know the person well. For a young girl, I think Shalimar Light or Eau de Shalimar might be nice. Just because Kenzo Flower is more recent doesn't mean she will like it, so it's difficult to say. It would depend on what I knew of the girl's taste.
    What she said.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm 31 and while talking to other shoppers (asking thier opinions)they said that things like Liz Claibourne and Vivid were something that their mother /mother-in-law/grandmother would wear.
    For a young girl probably Kenzo Flower .My coworker loves and wants Chanel Chance she's24.Another wears Little Black Dress/chic in black by Avon or Tommy Girl or happy or B&bw/VS stuff.
    I checked on Makeupalley top ten for 18 and under Coco Mademoiselle,Flowerbomb,Viva la Juicy,Pink Sugar, Lt.Blue, Brit, Chance,Miss Dior Cherie,Hypnotic Poison, Daisy. The 19-24 age group is the same except they list the new Chloe instead of Daisy in their top ten favorites this month.Hope it helps!

DeepSilence

Thanks for all replies. She is in 25 and I guess that she will enjoy of Kenzo Flower more.

Hamid, I'll bet she likes it. I think it's a pretty fragrance. I love Kenzo Flower (and especially love Flower Le Parfum in the solid red bottle, but that's quite a different fragrance, and I'm old). I hope you will report back with her opinion. I always like to know what happens in the end.

DeepSilence

Hamid, I'll bet she likes it. I think it's a pretty fragrance. I love Kenzo Flower (and especially love Flower Le Parfum in the solid red bottle, but that's quite a different fragrance, and I'm old). I hope you will report back with her opinion. I always like to know what happens in the end.
    Next month is her birthday. Certainly i will report back. Thanks Lilybelle

Banned

I am 34, and I started to wear Shalimar when I was 14-15. So, it's different for everyone. I fell in love with Shalimar back then, and it will always be in my Top 5.

Un profumo affettuoso

Dear Hamid,

I guess she'll prefer Kenzo - but - maybe- you could try Shalimar Light??? As an alternative to Kenzo, I mean - since I personally don't like the Kenzo very much, but are a fan of Shalimar - and I am sure a younger woman might be very pleased with the lighter version of it.
    Greetings,
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    Hi all of BNers stylist ladies
    I need your help.
    First: Which one you prefer generally? Vote it please.
    Second: Which one young girls prefer more? Both of them?
    Not fair. They're both very different.

Answers:
    1: Shalimar
    2: young girls like KF more from what i've seen.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Un profumo affettuoso View Post
    Dear Hamid,

I guess she'll prefer Kenzo - but - maybe- you could try Shalimar Light??? As an alternative to Kenzo, I mean - since I personally don't like the Kenzo very much, but are a fan of Shalimar - and I am sure a younger woman might be very pleased with the lighter version of it.
    Greetings,
    J.
    No, I just can find original version.
    Greetings too
    Thank you J

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    Not fair. They're both very different.
    I know. I don't trust my taste for young girls. personally i like strong and warm scents.

Basenotes Plus

My daughter is that age and she likes Kenzo Flower better.

Blog Entries

I prefer Shalimar because it does not try to hard to be noticed
    like Kenzo and it's not synthetic like Kenzo's flower and it smells
    like baby powder shalimar is warmer and of a more natural powdery
    feel then kenzo.

Shalimar is gorgeus but it needs a bit more developed nose (at least that's how it was in my case) to appreciate.

Kenzo Flower is just nice, powdery and comforting, a pretty fragrance. Therefore I would say a young and non-perfumista lady would probably prefer Flower. In contrary to just being pretty, Shalimar has depth and a story to tell. It is a masterpiece. Give me Shalimar anytime above Flower.

DeepSilence

I hope you will report back with her opinion. I always like to know what happens in the end.

We Broke up
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 7th September 2010 at 09:40 AM.

DeepSilence

Sorry everybody. I decided to buy Anais Anais. but fate was something else
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 7th September 2010 at 09:40 AM.

Hm, it's not so easy to answer your question which one is better since Shalimar is a classic and one of the best ever. But, I really love Flower by Kenzo. It's also one of my favorite perfumes.
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

Yep. WHen I was 25, I preferred Flower over Shalimar. Now, I'm older, and I prefer Shalimar over Flower.
    "See a shoe, and pick it up, and all day long you'll have good luck." by A. W.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamid View Post
    We Broke up
    I'm sorry Hamid! ((hug)) Don't worry, though, because the right one is out there for you. I'm sure you are a "keeper".

I love Shalimar. It's been my signature fragrance for years. But I have to tell you I have just discovered Kenzo Flower and it is giving Shalimar a run for the money (sort of reminds me of Diorissimo which I wore when I was young a hundred years ago). I vote for Kenzo Flower. Either fragrance is lovely.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Kenzo Flower is an exeptional floriental with a lovely powdery sillage. Very wearable and I know many Shalimar wearers who love and wear it. Shalimar is a difficult scent to wear. I have it, my husband loves it, but I can not wear it. It literally wears me down. I appreciate it's beauty, but can't stand the scent, even on others. My in-laws all wear it and in hot weather I feel like choking. When I was in my teens I tried Chantilly and it suited me. On the other hand, my best friend wore Shalimar in her early twenties, so it depends. Why not ask the person what they think?

I love both, Shalimar is much more enjoyable for me. But I'll vote for kenzo flower, much easier to like.