Code of Conduct

Thread: Re: 24 Faubourg

Default Re: 24 Faubourg

I'm a 19 year old college student, and today I went to Sephora in search of an "evening" scent. I hate the fruity, sticky crap that is being marketed to people my age. I've been wearing Chance by Chanel and Prada Tendre, but both felt too light for nighttime for me and I wanted something sophisticated and sexy. After trying almost every fragrance in Sephora, the only one that stood out for me was 24, Faubourg. It seemed bold and elegant without giving off that baby-powderish scent of Chanel No. 5 (I don't know anything about perfume, I'm sure there's a technical term for whatever that note is) or the overpowering flowery scent of Opium that reminds me of old women. My question is, even if I love it is it really possible to be too young for a perfume? Is a perfume this classy and bold too "old" for someone my age? I tried the Eau Delicate and liked it a lot, but it reminded me too much of the scents I already had and seemed too summery. I want something that can become my signature scent for years and take me through all the seasons--is this too inappropriate?

Hello!
    To answer you questions:

is it really possible to be too young for a perfume?: if you mean the extrait or the highest concentration of the scent, i'd say that if you're 19 you're not too young to be using that, and i would recommend you to use whatever is it that you like best and not what pleases others.

is a perfume too classy, bold or old for someone your age? : no, if you like it and it feels comfortable then it's ok.

and for the last one, i don't think it's inappropriate to find a signature scent and to use it on all seasons, it's a personal choice and it complements who you already are.

cheers!

I would recommend Le Dix by Balenciaga and Guerlain's Parure to try out, there's so many out there that it's really a personal quest to find what you really like.

I sincerely believe 24 faubourg is too old for young women.
    If you don't care about other people's opinions, great, wear it.
    But you posting this question here, means you probably shouldn't.