Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Recommendation; Hermès unisex for men.

If you like oriental, chypre fragrances, and if you like the leather facets of Bel Ami, do try the unissex Eau d'Hermés.
    It`s one of the most complex leather fragrances that I`ve already tried. I have already owned a bottle and I fully regret of having sold it. It`s a beautiful fragrance for winter. It starts dry, spicy, with lots of cummin, then you have like 6-7 layers of accords, that goes from leather to spice aromas to resins to shy sweet notes. It`s beautiful, a little bit old-fashioned, but I`ve never tried any unissex leather like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Bel Ami and Equipage are unisex, as is Terre d'Hermes. I would also recommend Kelly Caleche EDT (rose and leather) and Caleche Eau Delicate with its subtle cedar note.
    I ended buying Caleche Eau Delicate because of your recommendation Primrose! I found one at a reasonable price and didn`t regret buying it. It`s a great soft woody with a faint rooty iris note. It seemed perfect as a woody fragrance for summer days.

When I wear Caleche EDT, my sister says that I`m smelling like a pretzel...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I recently acquired some samples from the Hermessence line, and gotta admit I absolutely love Vetiver Tonka, it's mostly a tonka bean fragrance and can definitley be worn by a chick. Still has that great Hermes touch though.

Paprika Brasil smells more feminine in the opening, but the dry down may be a bit more masculine, another really good one. I had this on the other day and was out swimming in chlorine water for several hours and I could still smell it on my arms after I came out.. I then took a shower and it was still on me. In fact it lasted about 24 extra hours after my shower, but in a very flat note phase. Still very nice, some sort of very natural woodsy smell.. a mix of different woods I presume; I was quite astonished by this guys longevity.

Actually, all of them from the Hermessence line are versatile and unisex, I'm actually wearing Vanille Galante for my sotd today, trying it out for the first time. Definitley a strange take on a vanilla, kind of herbal and medicinal. I'm liking it thus far though. The only ones that I don't think are uni are the older orange ones and TdH, possibly VdH too, but a woman may be able to pull it off.
    On me Paprika Brasil has anything delicate that would be considered feminine. It starts dry and peppery, and remains this way during its disappointing short longevity on skin...

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    On me Paprika Brasil has anything delicate that would be considered feminine. It starts dry and peppery, and remains this way during its disappointing short longevity on skin...
    Wow really? I can't imagine this one lasting less than 12 hours on anybodies skin, but I guess what skin chemistry is. To my nose I get kind of a carrot-like opening it's hard to actually distinguish but it definitley smells feminine. Then as it dries a little, that fantastic paprika comes out, along with some cloves and woods. They all just blend together more more and more as it gets to the base, but they all play major roles. I think the combination of the paprika, clove, and woods (definitley cedar wood but not sure what else) was a brilliant decision on Jean Claude Ellena's part. All of his fragrances are pretty much excellent, and you can almost always tell when you're wearing one of his masterpieces.

Wow really? I can't imagine this one lasting less than 12 hours on anybodies skin, but I guess what skin chemistry is. To my nose I get kind of a carrot-like opening it's hard to actually distinguish but it definitley smells feminine. Then as it dries a little, that fantastic paprika comes out, along with some cloves and woods. They all just blend together more more and more as it gets to the base, but they all play major roles. I think the combination of the paprika, clove, and woods (definitley cedar wood but not sure what else) was a brilliant decision on Jean Claude Ellena's part. All of his fragrances are pretty much excellent, and you can almost always tell when you're wearing one of his masterpieces.
    Now I get it. The carrot seed-like opening is probably a kind of orris note. Iris root has this kind of smell. But i consider it more unissex than feminine

Oh, you`re one of the first that really says something positive about paprika brasil I have the impression that it`s one of the least liked hermessence frags

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    My favourite would be Jardin sur le Nil, however you might want to try it first, given your restrictions.
    It's definetely no aquatic but has -some- citrus.
    A green, fruity floral that is maybe my favourite creation by JCE overall.
    One of my favorites also!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

I always say praise Vetiver Tonka, Paprika Brasil and Poivre Samarcande.....
    Im the be$t @ thi$