Code of Conduct

Thread: ahhh tj maxx...

Default ahhh tj maxx...

i think the majority of my bottles have come from tj's. i still have some from way back in the 80s. today i got azzaro for $7 and 4 oz of giorgio beverly hills for men for $10! im wearing the crap out of giorgio right now. lovin it. smells like gucci nobile a little bit. i love tj's.

Default Re: ahhh tj maxx...

Great place to find a bargin. Cheaper than ebay even!

yep. ive gotten quorum, tsar, tuscany, and benneton (?) there in the past. always at clearance prices. im sure there have been others i picked up but thats all that comes to mind. ebay is great but takes a week for arrival. tjmaxx is right now, or 2 minutes out in the parking lot.

Yeah, there's a TJMaxx and Marshall's a five minute walk from where I work, I go multiple times a week on my lunch break to see what's there. Usually it's a lot of crap, but there are sometimes some real diamonds in the rough at great prices. I picked up a 100ml Tommy Bahama St. Barts bottle for $12 recently.

nice. i got deauville by guerlain at marshalls. i should have spent the $12 on underwear though. very...generic. im going to check the reviews on it!@

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    nice. i got deauville by guerlain at marshalls. i should have spent the $12 on underwear though. very...generic. im going to check the reviews on it!@
    Is this some obscure Guerlain I've never heard of -- which is quite possible -- or do you mean "Deauville by Michel Germain"?
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Is this some obscure Guerlain I've never heard of -- which is quite possible -- or do you mean "Deauville by Michel Germain"?
    yup, youre right ! i went to the cologne shelf and checked. it sounded the same to my minds ear i guess. sorry about the confusion.

it is michel germaine. man, talk about confusing... i read my posts and realized that i answered your question without actually giving a definitive answer! remember ronald reagan? i used to listen to him talk and then id ask "what did he say?????" he was great at talking in circles. in a good way, of course.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Just trying to keep track of my "obscure Guerlain" options...
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

I stopped by my local TJ Maxx today, but it didn't have anything of note to me. In the past, I have purchased Gucci pour Homme I, John Varvatos, and Hugo XY there, among others, so it does pay to check the stock regularly. There are a couple I am waiting for to show up so I can pounce on them.

My Wife picked up a bottle of Facconable Pour Homme for me about 2 weeks ago.....This is a very good scent.....I also love the Maxx!
    Gary

I got Lanvin L'Homme Sport today at Marshall's. $14.99 for the 1 OZ spray. It's basically a clone of Baldessarini, which is not a bad thing at all!

Blog Entries

Joop! Homme 1oz, Ice*Men 1.7oz, Adidas Deep Energy/Pure game 3.4oz, Diesel Zero Plus Masculine 2.5oz

got all those at TJX and Marshalls, only really use the first 2 though. For blind buys, 2/5 isnt bad considering i spent maybe $70 total

My aunt once bought a 1.7 oz bottle of Chocolovers by Aquolina (one of the best chocolate scent IMO if you're into gourmand) for $4 at TJ Maxx. Looking my ass off to find a deal like that again.

They had the John Varvatos original travel pack with a 2.5oz, shower gel, and after shave in a small genuine leather travel bag for $25 earlier this week, and for some stupid reason I balked at it, who knows why, realized my stupidity the next day and of course, they were gone. Nonetheless, if you don't mind sifting through a lot of worthless crap to find the good stuff, there's some great finds there.

I picked up a 4.2oz Michael Kors for $14.99 - pretty darn good deal. I also so a Lanvin Sport on a previous visit, but it was gone when I was back there to pick up the Kors. They did have a number of the smaller Perry Ellis (2008), though I have a big bottle already.
    The Bark Bites Back.

its funny- here in pittsfield, ma theres always perry ellis colognes at tj's. i wonder if theres a ton of overstock or if the manager there likes it or what...i wish i liked perry ellis more, id grab some.

wish I could find St. Barts for $12, the TJ Maxx around my area never has anything good imo

we have loads of perry ellis 360s here in boston too, might be a district things. and Jer, the St. Barts did come without a box, so that had to do with the lower price.

Excellent thread. I'll probably head out to my local TJ Maxx later this week to see what they have.

Any reason why the prices are so low? Is their stock really old or something? Are they used?

nope, ive never seen used bottles there... i think they must buy in bulk and circulate it around their circuit. im going to take a look at marshalls tommorrow.

I'm pretty sure they get a lot of overstock from companies whose items didn't sell as well, and they're looking to unload inventory at a lower price. They also seem to get a lot of oddly sized bottles that may not have been popular, as well as left over gift sets from holidays such as Father's Day. The weeks after Father's Day and Christmas is probably the best times to go because there'll be loads of stuff that didn't sell.