Code of Conduct

Default Your favorite Old Spice Deodorant / Bodywash

I hear a lot of good talk about Old Spice Red Zone products. Which ones do you prefer? What notes are in your favorite(s)?

Default Your favorite Old Spice Deodorant / Bodywash

I always use the Red Zone (now called Sweat Defense) High Performance Solid "soft solid" deodorant in the Swagger scent. Works great and smells good. I used to use only the Red Zone bodywash but after trying the Dove for men Extra Fresh Scent, I won't be going back. The Dove reminds me of the Creed Millesimes, not smelling straight from the bottle, but during and after use it gives some whiffs of those scents.

Default Re: Your favorite Old Spice Deodorant / Bodywash

I'll always prefer the classic scent, otherwise, i don't think of it as Old Spice...so "original scent"..
    i also like pacific surge..

now, on the red zone you were asking about, i like aqua reef and swagger.

It used to be Old Spice High endurance "Pure Sport" in high school. Out of the Red Zone I'd say Pure Sport, Swagger and Aqua Reef all smell good. I haven't worn these in years, as I now wear the Tom's of Maine Bay-Lime, Hugo Naturals Mexican Lime, or nature's gate Mandarin Patchouli...all depending on what EDT/EDP i wear that day.

I'll remember to smell the deodrants next time I'm in Walgreens to get a clear/definite sense of all the new ones and their aromachemicals/notes...

Not sure if it's a RED ZONE, but I can second DULLAH and say Pure Sport smells great.

After hours! For deo stick. Can't forget about Matterhorn either!
    As for body wash..from Old Spice the odor blocker (in deo fresh only!) is my favorite. The smell lingers on your skin..reminds me of tea/sporty/and a hint of apples. The Deo Sport version is green...i don't like that one, from the bottle it smells like some sport drink!
    I also LOVE Dove for Men Extra Fresh!
    Last edited by kurt0; 5th March 2011 at 03:50 AM.

Old Spice makes some good stuff. I like the original the best, but really they are all pretty decent. Pure Sport was always real popular when I was in school so I always tried to be different by getting one of the other ones or just wearing Drakkar, Curve, and Obsession. I like Fresh, Swagger, Matterhorn, and those are the only ones I can think of.

Oh crap After Hours is good too.

Extra Fresh reminds you of Creed's MI?

I've only tried after hours, but I like it for occasional use. Seems to mix well - and maybe this is weird - but the scent seems to mix well with a touch of clubman's

I like Swagger and After hours.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Matterhorn and Fiji. Both the body washes and the deodorants. I saw a new one the other day too,
    at least new for my store called Komodo.

I have recently tried the old spice komodo in boywash form and if you are a fan of aquatics then this is the bodywash for you. As with most old spice products it doesn't smell exactly like any specific fragrance but I'd say it reminds of Blvgari Aqva, Blvgari Aqva Marine, Brut Revolution and Versace Pour Homme. I say those because with the exception of Marine they all have a little more spiciness than most aquatics (VPH is also listed as an oriental in many places).

All in all it is a great bodywash. I will probably pick up a deodorant of it next time I'm out.

I have always liked Aqua Reef. Not sure if they make it anymore. No matter the product though, it seems if I like it, they stop making it. Haha.

I've been using Komodo for the last month or so. It smells shockingly similar to ADG to my nose, lasts at least 24 hours, and anytime I lift my arms to do anything I get a fresh whiff of the stuff. Good stuff.
    Summer Top 5:
    1) Creed Aventus
    2) A*Men Pure Havane
    3) Dior Homme Sport
    4) YSL L'Homme
    5) Clinique Happy for Men

I LOVE Red Zone Pure Sport Anti-Perspirant and will switch to Fresh sometimes. They work great and smell great.

Quote Originally Posted by pcrisp View Post
    I always use the Red Zone (now called Sweat Defense) High Performance Solid "soft solid" deodorant in the Swagger scent. Works great and smells good. I used to use only the Red Zone bodywash but after trying the Dove for men Extra Fresh Scent, I won't be going back. The Dove reminds me of the Creed Millesimes, not smelling straight from the bottle, but during and after use it gives some whiffs of those scents.
    I'm with you on the Dove Body Washes. Clean Comfront and Extra Fresh or both good. I use those and sometimes mix in the Bath and Body Works Noir or Ocean
    Last edited by ToughCool; 21st April 2011 at 01:41 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    It used to be Old Spice High endurance "Pure Sport" in high school.
    Likewise. Even though I haven't worn this in about ten years, I think I've gotten more compliments on this than any fragrance I own.

My favorite is the Classic Original scent. Second favorite is High Endurance Original scent.

Classic Original, unavailable down here: Old Spice used to be a market leader, but lack of branding support (Shulton was a farily big co here, but P&G bought it while being absent locally...) made Unilever's Axe / Lynx the leader. P&G tried to relaunch Old Spice discontinuing options connoting an aged brand, so only three options are availabe: Pure Sport , Aqua Fresh and something else I cannot remember, Mountain Roush I guess.

Nowadays, since P&G is the owner of Gillete, and Gillete is much better positioned than Old Spice, they are launching a whole set of grooming articles that are plain crap.

So anytime someone goes to the USA, I would ask her / him to bring me deodorants, either Old Spice Classic or Mennen Fresh.

Blog Entries

Original, Fever, and Fiji.
    Everyone is somebody's weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I LOVE Red Zone Pure Sport Anti-Perspirant
    Me too.

Blog Entries

They are adding so many scents, deodorants, sprays and who knows what but I actually like the original/endurance body wash.

For some reason the Pure Sport reminds me of Eau de Grey Flannel, the one with the light blue/green liquid, so I bath with that then apply G. Beene's Eau de Grey Flannel.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Danger zone, Fiji, and Komodo are all good
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Yet another vote for Original.

I just go for the original, as in the Shulton version of the EdT and aftershave i have.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci