Code of Conduct

Question Le Labo to try...

I never tried a Le Labo scent, so I'm very curious about them, sounds strange and descriptions are very tricky. So, I'm going to buy some samples... which scents do you think are worth to me? My favourite niche scents are:

Messe Minuit
    Iris Bleu Gris
    Racquet's Formula
    Dzing
    Shiloh
    Paestum Rose
    Noir Epices
    Cuir Mauresque
    Parfum D'Habit
    Cologne Pour le Soir

I'd like to avoid any super-sweet scent and I HATE cumin. My skin projects a lor that note.

Any suggestions?
    THNX!!

Default Re: Le Labo to try...

If you dislike cumin, avoid Le Labo's best offering, Rose 31. It's incredible, but cumin is a big player.

You might enjoy Labdanum (can't remember the number)... imagine Musc Ravageur mixed with Shalimar.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Rose 31 IS awesome. But if you HATE cumin, forget it.

Vetyver 46- I have mixed feeling recommending it. It's not very "vetiver-ish" - more incense.

Pathcouli 24- I don't have it, but it is pretty highly regarded by many. Kind of unique.

personally, Iris 39 is the only one I love, and I love it lots.

Rose 31 is AWESOME!
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Another vote for Rose 31 and you must try Labdanum 18 , I love it huge amounts and wear it often

Poivre 23 is very very good if thats your thang too and Iris 39 is pretty terrific

Quote Originally Posted by blas View Post
    Rose 31 is AWESOME!
    But he HATES cumin.

Although, it may be handled discreetly enough in Rose 31...hard to say. Don't know how exacting OPs nose is. May have run into some really intense cumin bombs in his time.

Labdanum 18
    Patchouli 24
    Iris 39

I'd vote for:
    Labdanum 18 (perhaps a bit powdery sweet for you but so beautifully balanced.)
    Iris 39

If you hate cumin or similar scents with a knife edge, Rose 31 may be a bit off-putting.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Labdanum 18
    Patchouli 24
    Iris 39
    +1 Rose 31 is definitely not for you...

If you could only get one from Le Labo, which one?

I have tried Rose 31, but was not impressed....it reminds me of Cartier Declaration.

Labdanum 18 from what I have read is a mix of Musc Ravageur and Shalimar which I both have already.

I have smelled Oud 27 and I don't like it.

how about Patchouli 24??

I like pretty much love the entire line having tried most bar the city exclusives The only one I couldnt get along with was Patchouli , which to me smelt like fancy BBQ sauce

/\ fancy BBQ sauce! Yes, I get the connection as well.

I tested Labdanum 18 today. Very pleasant, very timid for Le Labo. Not much of a progression, but I do like the smell of Labdanum - reminds me of the Greek Islands.

Also tested out the Bergamot fragrance. This one does progress, the base reminiscent in a way to Marc Jacobs Bang - without the pepper, if that makes any sense. Didn't like it, but it's very nicely made.

O/T - I had to school an SA today about where musk came from and what Anosmia meant.
    Last edited by adonis; 1st April 2011 at 10:19 AM.

Poivre if you can get ahold of it is head and shoulders above ... everything practically not only le labo!

Pathcouli 24 is worth experiencing - just don't expect the rest of the range to be as loud.

Bergamote and Poivre.

Oud27 and Neroli36 are pretty amazing, Le Labo is yawnsville, no new releases, and the anti global scents are WAY overpriced and unavailable. I really love this house, but hate their biz practices.

I hate it that their bottles are so boring, it makes me not want to try them. I still might someday though since some of their stuff is highly praised.

Oud 27 goes on really funky, but the drydown is incredible, if you like oud.

Patchouli 24 really isn't about patchouli at all. It shares a lot of DNA with Bulgari Black, if you're familiar with that. Lots of tar and vanilla and other weirdness going on, but again, the drydown is incredible. It's loud stuff, too.

Santal 33 is a bit more conventional, featuring mainly violet and sandalwood. Great projection and longevity for something so seemingly mild.

I own Rose 31, Santal 33, and Patchouli 24, and am anxiously awaiting Oud 27. The only one I'd wear on a regular basis is the Santal, but I love all of them.

Rose 31 is a must buy! If you hate cumin try Santal 33.

Santal 33 for sure!