Code of Conduct

Default Need help choosing between these fragrances for fall+winter in High School

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new frag to add to my collection of Altitude and HCO22 for fall and winter. Please post why (or why not) I should buy these frags for use in high school and your rating out of 10. I'm looking for something that stands out from the plume of Hollister's Jake (which is more common than AXE here in florida ): ) and A&F's Fierce that pollutes the school's atmosphere.

Dior Homme (did not smell)
    Dior Homme Intense (did not smell)
    Burberry London
    Habit Rouge (also please state whether london or rouge is better) (did not smell)
    Boss No. 6 (aka boss bottled) (did not smell)
    B*Men (did not smell)
    L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent (did not smell)

Thanks so much for your help guys, and if it helps, SirSlarty and I have similar tastes.

Default Re: Need help choosing between these fragrances for fall+winter in High School

Habit Rouge ..for the french "chic & touch"

Default Re: Need help choosing between these fragrances for fall+winter in High School

I have the list down to:

Burberry London
    Boss No. 6
    B*Men

Have you tried A*men cause i think its better then b*men and obviously if you can get pure malt it would be better

Blog Entries

Try Le Male, A*Men, Acqua Di Gio (yes i did just recommend that)

a*men is more of a very special occasion thing for me... it's too "in your face" for school.

new decision is between:
    Boss Bottled
    Burberry London

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Try Le Male, A*Men, Acqua Di Gio (yes i did just recommend that)
    Le Male smells like spearmint gum to me (i tried it on a card), A*Men is too heavy for school (but I love the way the tar mixes with the caramel on my skin), and

wait-

did you just recommend AdG to me? I would rather wear AXE than AdG.

Out of your choices, i'd recommend London due to its unique earthy nutmeg smell, Boss no 6 because its really clean and fresh and smells pleasant, and L'homme because i think its enjoyable with its ginger boozy notes.

personally i'd go with l'homme out of those

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNerd View Post
    Le Male smells like spearmint gum to me (i tried it on a card), A*Men is too heavy for school (but I love the way the tar mixes with the caramel on my skin), and

wait-

did you just recommend AdG to me? I would rather wear AXE than AdG.
    You definitely should try Le Male on your skin, the drydown is a very nice vanilla. I do wear A*Men in school, you just can't go over 3 sprays, and 2/3 should be under clothes. AdG...idk i personally hate it, but you need an aquatic at some point, its pretty good. Mugler Cologne would be a better alternative if you want a lighter scent some days

1 Million could be another choice come September, if you live near a sephora. It's potent like a*men, but a bit more casual imo. I'm going to be wearing it alot come colder weather for sure.

Fahrenheit is another possibility, might be a bit strange for high school but its a pretty good smokey, leathery, green scent.

this is probably not the best for school but Rochas Man. You could wear it for school, but it's a powerful tool for cooler weather dates

Quote Originally Posted by Slushiex3 View Post
    Out of your choices, i'd recommend London due to its unique earthy nutmeg smell, Boss no 6 because its really clean and fresh and smells pleasant, and L'homme because i think its enjoyable with its ginger boozy notes.

personally i'd go with l'homme out of those
    I just tried on l'homme by YSL.

oh my god this stuff smells amazing on my skin and I got a SA to give me a sample vial.

^ im glad you like l'homme i love the smell too. But i'm more of a la nuit de l'homme guy than just l'homme, consider giving that a try.

boozy apple cider to warm vanilla dark chocolate (on my skin at least)

^ im glad you like l'homme i love the smell too. But i'm more of a la nuit de l'homme guy than just l'homme, consider giving that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Slushiex3 View Post

On my skin it smells like spicy tea then a little sweet, then straight to a bland cedar drydown. L'Homme is better than its flanker IMO.

Sur la Plage

Dior Homme (10) - it is the best from your original list

Burberry London (7) - it is much better than Boss Bottled
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

If the choice is between Bottled and London, I'd go with Bottled. London is more refined but in a high school environment, I prefer Bottled.
    From your original list: Dior Homme (9/10)

Edit: YSL - L'homme (6.5/10) will be nice enough for fall and is popular with young gals.
    Acqua di Gi˛ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

All good choices IMO except Boss Bottled.

Burberry London

whadya end up getting?

Dior Homme

dior homme me too, sweet , elegant and no old scent.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

I know that Hiro on youtube seems to love dior homme intense. ive never tried any dior's

What is the weather like in Florida this type of year? I'd imagine it would still be kind of warm ya?
    Expect the unexpected.