Code of Conduct

Default Curion, is it a true leather?

I have the opportunity to purchase Curion at a decent price, I'm wondering is it as good a leather as say Tuscan Leather?

Default Re: Curion, is it a true leather?

Quote Originally Posted by ANGIESDOEBOY View Post
    I have the opportunity to purchase Curion at a decent price, I'm wondering is it as good a leather as say Tuscan Leather?
    Completely different Toni - COMPLETELY. The are world's apart at their beginning and in their midrange with the drydown being fairly similar.
    Last edited by SoGent; 9th August 2010 at 05:06 AM.

Does it have a leather smell at all?

Yes, it does smell of leather. To me it is a very realistic leather accord -in a young, modern sense though...meaning I can picture a leather jacket being sold at The Gap or Urban Outfitters. It has a woody-amber base and a red fruit/plum-like accord that suggests suppleness to the leather. While the overall frag is quite lovely and well blended, my first choice for leather is Knize Ten and Cuir Ottoman.

My sense of you ANGIEDOES is that Tuscan Leather is going to be hard to beat. You like 'em loud and strong.

The closest frag to Cuiron, IMO, is Worth Pour Homme Haute Concentrate. WPHHC has lavender up top, very natural too, and there is a very smooth transition into the leather, which is not as harsh (or perhaps as strong) as Cuiron.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Cuiron is a very good leather scent. Again, it is discontinued and will only become increasingly difficult to obtain. I would advise a buy, especially at what you think is a decent price. You will have a rare and beautiful frag in your wardrobe.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Thanks to all who've answered as I said before I really value all your opnions.

It is a dry and sharp leather, almost woody in feel, but definitely a leather. Really completely different from Tuscan Leather, as far as leathers go. I own them both. TL is soft, Cuiron is hard. TL is sweet, Cuiron is bitter. TL is a powerhouse, Cuiron is not. Just depends on what you want.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by ANGIESDOEBOY View Post
    It's a suede leather with a bit of musk in the drydown - one of the best IMO. Get it while you can.

...and we mustn't forget Stetson Rich Suede as the cheaper, less-refined version of Cuiron