Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Monday August 9, 2010

Happy Day and week

I am in NEROLI by AG
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD: Monday August 9, 2010

Good morning sophi!

I have a bit of Une Rose on, and I must really make a note to avoid applying this within, oh, 6 hours of bedtime! One tiny spritz and it is still going strong. On my arm, no less, where my perfumes seem to fade the fastest. It smells so good that I hate to scrub it off, but I may have to, to get to sleep.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Monday August 9, 2010

Good Morning everyone. Have all a Fantastic Monday

ACQUA
    DI
    PARMA

Colonia Assoluta in Villa
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Givenchy Vetyver.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Greetings to one and all!
    I can barely move this morning after an over
    enthusiastic session of gardening yesterday!
    The weather was so unusually good that I was
    in the company of thousands of flying ants, who
    decided it was the day they had been waiting for to take off!
    I am going for a session of reiki on Thursday, so things should improve
    after that, hoprfully. She usually works wonders on me.
    My scent of the day is Iris Pallida (from a decant) - thank you Ubuandibeme!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I am trying once more Daim Blond. When I first tested on its release it turned into apricot jam on me. Not good. But was given another sample recently and decided to go again. Not apricot jam, hints of apricots yes but actually sort of leather medical on me.
    DONNA

Hi all!
    My choice for the am is Fire & Ice by Revlon. Very nice (regardless of the low price tag) and amazingly good staying power for an EdC.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Good morning everyoneToday I'm in #19. Need to get a littlebit more work done today....Only 2 weeks left before the oral exam! NERVOUS now!!! Have a smooth start of the day all

Good morning!

I am in Tuberose Indiana - Creed from a sample

I'm in Encre Noire.

Have a great & fragrant week, guys!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

MIDNIGHT
    FANTASY

by Britney Spears

Basenotes Plus

Tann Rokka Aki. Last drops of a decant. Though lovely while it lasted (great combo of amber/patch/cedar/vetiver), I am relieved to have made a dent in my unwieldy samp/decant pile.

Wishing you all a good start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Came to SOTD thread to find some inspiration...and what do you know, I found it! Joining KEWART in L'Artisan's Iris Pallida!
    We are twinkies today!!!
    (BTW, just noticed this is my 4000 post - so I'm doing a little dance!)

Basenotes Plus

Voyage d'Hermes for me today.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Congrats Ubu!
    I'm in Mauboussin this morning, and well into the evening as well. This one lasts and lasts.

Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb, from an old sample that needed to be used up. I'm not sorry about randomly choosing this one today. It's nice! It reminds me of Lolita Lempicka, but with a candied note. Have a good Monday, all.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Good morning, all you sweet twinkies.

Congrats to Ubu on the 4,000th. Today is my 5-year anniversary of having joined Basenotes.
    Hey, gardener Kewart. It's a heck of a year for many an insect. Dragonflies (waves at Riannon) were a feature on our local morning news — big hatching out at the Lake Michigan shore. At least they're cool looking, harmless, and will eat some of the gazillion mosquitoes that plague us. I'm still cursing the stinkbugs who, again, undid my vine crops.

Kumquat, I'll do my best to relate info about the new Halston Woman, which I'm testing for the second time today. The initial spray seems bold with promise, but within a few minutes the scent pulls back dramatically to become quite reserved. The ingredients read to me to be of the best quality. No apparent synthetic notes. Because it doesn't come on too strong and isn't so synthetic as most new mainstream fragrances, I can recommend it highly, at least to the civilian shoppers. For BNers, I don't know that it offers much new. I'm not fond of Orientals as a class, but the blackcurrant and sweet amber here make this new HW incarnation wearable for me.

The ad copy: The fragrance opens with luminous accents of Sicilian Bergamot, Marigold and Blackcurrant that announce the blooming floral heart.

The heart of the fragrance is a modern bouquet of precious Roses, Orris and Jasmine Petals. The floralcy blooms with a rich blend of Rose Absolute and Rose Essence for a timeless expression of femininity.

The sensuality of the signature lies in the unique richness of the Patchouli Heart from Laboratoire Monique Remy located in Grasse, France. A complex of precious Sandalwood and deep Ambers enhances the trail of the fragrance.

Hello everyone -

I'm in a sample of Divine's Divine. This is nice, but I already have Ysatis which is actually divine - richer, more luscious, more opulent, has greater longevity, and is in my opinion, superior in every way (not to mention originality.) Divine is Ysatis stripped naked and soaking in a tub of tepid water. I'm actually rather annoyed by the brazen similarity, but I suppose it's perfect for anyone who actually wants Ysatis but prefers spending more money on something niche (and perhaps on something that grandma never wore.)

I think it's funny that the copy from Lucky Scent actually refers to Givenchy - "The first whiff is very strong, very French, very opera and pearls. Classic and rather formal. As it warms up, it becomes downright swanky-- still sophisticated, but drenched in the glamour of a bygone era: Black Givenchy dresses, long cigarette holders and serious diamonds. Sipping ice-cold martinis with Frank and Dino on a red leather banquette at the Sands...." Hmph. Just get Ysatis - even the current formulation is better than Divine.

Basenotes Institution

Kewart- get better !
    Evangeline-thanks for your review on Divine !
    Ubu - congrats on 4000 posts !

I'm wearing Ajne's Desir and Lakshmi this morning - comparing them in my arms .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hermès Vetiver Tonka.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I didn't have time to think about choosing fragrance this morning, but grabbed some Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts for Women on my way out the door.

Happy Monday!

This morning I am in Aqua di Parma Profumo. Would love a backup bottle of this, but it is fairly pricey.

Just got the front porch to the house finished and ordered some rocking chairs for it. Next on the list is the back deck. Hope to get it done before fall is under way.

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Ubu, congratulations on 4000 posts. Keep them coming.
    I am wearing Pink Sugar today, it caught a lot of negative comments from my colleagues.

Blog Entries

Quarry, Thanks for the heads up on Halston Woman. It sounds interesting!
    Congratulations on 5 years at BN!

Dora, Tubereuse Indiana is sooo pretty, isn't it?

Fleurs de Citronnier, from a sample on my day off. Hmmmm. Do I like this or not? I am undecided as yet.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Basenotes Plus

Ubu, congratulations on 4,000 posts.
    Quarry, happy 5 year basenotes anniversary!
    Kewart, I know how you feel. I hope your muscles recover soon.

I, myself am really, really tired but happy. Our cat, Bella, who is not quite a year old yet, went missing for over 12 hours yesterday. She's strictly an indoor kitty, that was part of the adoption terms and she is terrified of the outdoors. We've tried walking her with a harness & leash, just to acclimate her but she was so frightened, it seemed counterproductive. So, when we couldn't find her, we really got nervous.

Bella sauntered by my bedroom door at 3 am looking like a grey dust bunny, rather than a gorgeous tuxedo cat. Neither my daughter nor I were asleep. We scooped her up and tried washing off some of the tell tale red dirt. It was obvious she had been to "the land down under", our unfinished basement. Now, you all know me well enough that I searched that basement, Sofie & I both did. Bella must have thought it a game and hid from us.

So, I am tired (but happy the fur beast is ok). Sofie is still sleeping, even though it's noon already. Bella is playing happily & wondering what all the fuss is about.

I hope she gives us some sort of heads up the next time she wants to go on a walk about in the basement, it's scary down there.

SOTD (was last night as well) VISA by Robert Piguet, parfum & edp
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Plus

SotE: Antiheros by Etat Libre d'Orange.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Blog Entries

Guerlain-Vol de Nuit
    Powdery at first, an amber-tinged blend of spices blooms, then mellows.
    I really could be on a night flight to Paris.
    My head is full of stars scattered in a dark sky.
    Mysterious and melancholic; the scent plays out like a dream.

Notes: Orange, mandarin, lemon, bergamot, orange blossom;
    jonquil, aldehydes, galbanum; vanilla, spices,
    oakmoss, sandalwood, orris, musk.
    This is the parfum.
    Last edited by kumquat; 9th August 2010 at 04:57 PM.

I am wearing Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia. I just purchased it over the weekend. I must say that I really like this!!

Declaration Essence (Cartier)

Good Morning All. I'm in Mary J Blige's 'MY LIFE' Top notes; gardenia, pear, white freesia. Middle; tuberose, jasmine, golden lily, apricot blossom. Bottom; cashmere, praline, sesame, incense. I really wanted to like this frag. but unfortunely the tuberose was just too over the top, other than that, it would of been a lovely scent. It was not your every run of the mill perfume and I enjoyed the dry dowdown but the tuberose kept sneaking in there. Great sillage. Maybe for tuberose lovers this might fit your fancy.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I'm in Rosine Diabolo Rose this afternoon.

Caron L'Anarchiste

Congrats to Ubu and Quarry on your Basenotes milestones! What would this place be without you two?! :-)

I'm testing Tabac Blond, this time in parfum form. It is so lovely, but I think large doses of leather just don't work well on me. :-(

Good Evening
    I sprayed Sonia Rykel's perfume this evening
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Blog Entries

Congrats to Quarry and Ubu! The anniversaries feel great.

TaoLady, good to see you! I missed you.

I am still trying to figure out Sogni di Mare which I tried for Speak and Sniff on Saturday. I cannot describe what it smells like to me and cannot think of anything familiar! When I wore it on Saturday, I thought of Fleur de Corail and Un Jardin Sur Le Nil as points of reference, so now I am testing them side by side and do not sense any familiarity. But Sogni di Mare is a very pleasant perfume and I wouldn't mind a full bottle to keep figuring it out. I am puzzled, but pleased.

After a few disappointing samples, I'm very happy to be back in the familiar rosiness of Rose Cardin by Pierre Cardin.

Congrats to Ubu on 4000!!! posts, and to Quarry on your 5-year basenotes anniversary!! I'm glad Bella resurfaced, RHM!

I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to smell like today... not in an especially subtle mood -- think I'll go douse myself in some Donna Karan GOLD... (inspired by the lily thread).

Basenotes Plus

You go, UBU and QUARRY!

Only Guerlain would do today- SOTD is EDT Chamade
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Wearing Ivoire de Balmain today and enjoying it's peaceful atmosphere.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Basenotes Institution

This a.m.:

Essence of Mysore Sandalwood by Crabtree & Evelyn (from my brand new 'vintage' bottle)

This afternoon:

Orange Blossom Cologne by Jo Malone

Very nice and refreshing in the heat, if a bit too polite.

I'm wearing Gardenia Passion by Annick Goutal as SotE.

Mike, I remember that C&E fragrance. I think there was a vetiver one, too. Enjoy!

Have a good night, all.

Add my congratulations to the heap(s) for Ubu and Quarry!

SOTD: Jolie Madame

I worried that it would be a bit "much" to wear this one today, but it's actually a very nice match for our current weather...and my mood!

Hope everyone is doing well and that your week has started off in a good way!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

That Bella, what a dickens.

SotE: Dior Lily, memento from Brielle.
    I just can't believe how beautiful this is, not a note out of place, light as a feather.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh …

Ubu and Quarry: Basenotes wouldn't be the same place without you! Congratulations!

I am wearing Havana Vanille.

Basenotes Plus

We're back from school supply shopping, a favorite. New pens and markers are just so appealing! Bella has been sleeping all day after her adventure yesterday. We've washed her a few times: a little bit here and there. Her four white soxs are much better today.
    It was so hot this afternoon, 99 degrees F. So I wore Rosine's summer limited edition scent, Une Rose au Bord de la Mer, Eau Fraiche. I spray with abandon, as it's so light I can barely smell it. If I stick my nose right up to my wrist, it smells like a lovely woody rose. Not much sillage, though.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Blog Entries

Mitsouko by Guerlain.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by N_Tesla View Post
    Mitsouko by Guerlain.

I am wearing Soir de Lune.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing L de Lolita Lempicka today.

Congrats to Ubu and Quarry on their BN milestones.
    RHM, so glad that Bella showed up. I know I would be frantic if Cali went missing for that long!

My sample of Womanity came in the mail today. It looks like someone tried to peel off the little sticker already. I think I might give it a sniff tonight ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    My sample of Womanity came in the mail today. It looks like someone tried to peel off the little sticker already. I think I might give it a sniff tonight ...
    Mine came the same way! I tried it yesterday and was not impressed.

Basenotes Institution

Quarry is queen - HUGS ! Happy 5th anniversary on Basenotes ,sweetheart.

This evening , I am wearing Une Rose Chypree by Andy Tauer.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

This evening I'm wearing Pure Poison on one wrist and J. Del Pozo's In White on the other, to see if I can tell any difference. And the answer is....hardly any. They smell a whole lot alike to me.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Colonia by Acqua di Parma
    Gary

Congratulations to Ubu and Quarry!!

Ouch Kewart, I hope you feel better soon.

Inees, good luck on your exam

Bella is mischievous, I am glad she is safe and sound at home

Today I wore Gin Fizz (reissue) from a sample. I liked the top notes but it immediately goes soapy on me. Not bad on a warm day. I really did not care for the musky drydown. Oh well, not all of them can be FBW.
    Evenstar

Coco Mademoiselle
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com