Code of Conduct

Default Caldey Island Abbey fragrances: Anyone try these, other than Lavender?

I'm wondering if any of you have sampled any of the Caldey Island Abbey fragrances. Of course, Luca Turin made them famous with his review of their Lavender (I have to try it!), but looking at their website, they apparently have several fragrances. None except Lavender are listed on BN. This is their site:

http://www.caldey-island.co.uk/shop/...nformation.htm

I'm interested in any input about their perfumes. Their "Island Fern" sounds particularly appealing!

Default Re: Caldey Island Abbey fragrances: Anyone try these, other than Lavender?

The Island Gorse also is intriguing, and the Caldey for Men. I'm going to write them and ask if they are sold anywhere in shops in the UK, particularly Wales. I'm going to Wales and London in a few weeks, might as well check into the possibilities. Thanks for posting this.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: Caldey Island Abbey fragrances: Anyone try these, other than Lavender?

I asked the same question before (see: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/231...-Island-Scents).

No responses then!

FYI, here is the list for the curious:

NUMBER ONE: Elegant and light - delicately balanced with undertones of jasmine and rose

ISLAND BOUQUET: Smooth and luxurious - a deliciously rounded perfume with a classic floral bouquet

ISLAND GORSE: The aroma of gorse - capturing the rich wild sweetness of spring

ISLAND FERN: Crisp and fresh - a leaf green fragrance with a breath of woodland magic

ISLAND MADRIGAL: Subtle and sophisticated - with an enticing hint of spice

BROCADE: Alluringly feminine - with a woody tang and a touch of tropical mystery

ISLAND ROSE: The classic fragrance of roses in summer

CALDEY FOR MEN: Wholly masculine - blending subtle strength with restained notes of incence and spice

I would love to try most of these.

I visited Caldey Island back in the late 1970s. You could get to it from Tenby on the South Coast of Wales by an old WWII amphibian - see below:

I was only around 6 or 7 at the time and the fragrance obsession was still way off so no purchases!! I might order one of the fragrances just out of interest, although, from what their website says the perfumes are no longer made on the island - just bottled there.

Off-Scenter

Only the lavender, reviewed here. It's a straightforward, high quality lavender.

Hi there, I've tried a few of the Caldey Island perfumes (all in the pure perfume strength) - their scents are very famous here in Wales: Island Fern is very green and fresh - it's a lovely perfume for the summer, but unfortunately it only lasts a very short time on my skin; in under an hour it's completely vanished. Island Gorse is an unusual bitter-sweet floral scent, and quite heavy. My favourite, however, is Brocade: it smells identical to Caron's Infini, and one I'll be buying again in the future, as Infini has recently been discontinued. I hope this of help.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

That's good to know!

I wish they still mailed to the USA.