Code of Conduct

Question Creed Himalaya vs. Green Irish Tweed ?

Hey guys - this will be my first Creed fragrance, but I just can't make up my mind. I like em' both.

What would you go with for an 'everyday, feel good scent' ?

2 Reason I'm on the fence:

1. - GIT smells awsome, but perhaps a tad generic
    2. - Himalaya smells great, but I'm noticing some longevitiy issues on my skin

Whatcha think?

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Creed Himalaya vs. Green Irish Tweed ?

IMO GIT is worth owning - not so for Himalaya.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Himalaya. It`s more unique.

I've been wearing GIT since 1997 and still enjoy it - it's a timeless classic IMO.

I bought Himalaya a few years ago but the novelty sort of wore off - nothing wrong with it, just lost interest after a while.

Point Blank

I wouldn't go for any of those for an everyday scent. GIT is great (I don't find it generic) but is better suited for office/formal/semi-formal occasions imo. I think Himalaya is weak, soapy pointlessness to be honest.

Out of the Creeds, I think MI and Erolfa are the best everyday scents. Out of the ones you suggested, I'd go for GIT.

Personally, I would go for Himalaya. GIT smells VERY similar to Cool Water which is not bad. The problem is, if you wear GIT, people mistakenly think it's cool water even if you know it's GIT. Of these two choices, in terms of the scent itself, Himalaya smells better IMO.
    Last edited by volley2; 9th August 2010 at 02:25 PM.

How's GIT longevity guys?

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by MdGrwl View Post
    How's GIT longevity guys?
    I personally have no problems with GIT's longevity.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Green Irish Tweed if you have to pick one...

Either one is a winner.

Basenotes Plus

GIT ticks all the necessary boxes for me. Himalaya is good, GIT is great.

Green Irish Tweed, and the longevity is more than adequate.

The longevity on all scents is going to vary person to person. I have have fairly scent sucking skin. I usually get about 6+ hours out of GIT. In all reality, it's probably lasting longer than that, but too light for my nose to pick up after a day of wearing. I think that's true with most scents. If you ask others after you can't smell, it's often still there.

Anyway, in my wearings of both, GIT is more durable.

GIT is a classic, and copied. Himalaya more unique.

They're both good scents.

Point Blank

In general, I got a longevity issue with creed, but GIT is an exception to the rule for some reason.

I love Himalaya but I think is more suited for the cold weather. I've tried Himalaya during the summer and it still smells good but it really doesn't last long, unless you spray six times. GIT last on me for 8 to 12 hours. Yes, it does smell like Cool Water but GIT is smoother and a little dark. There's something in Himalaya I like, I think it's the icy frosty feel it has. I would choose Himalaya, but really, GIT is as good if not a better choice. Go with the one you like the best. I tried Himalaya a year ago and loved it but didn't purchase it because of its longevity. Himalaya haunted me for a year till I finally bought it and have no regrets. Then, I bought GIT, hahaha. So you might be in the same boat as me.

Tough call. Both last 8+ hours, both smell great, Himalaya is more unique, GIT is a little longer lasting. I have Himalaya. Can't go wrong with either.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    IMO GIT is worth owning - not so for Himalaya.
    I agree.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Wore BOTH today, so this is a fresh opinion:

GIT

GIT is the better one for me. It is "happier", greener, fresher. On me, I detect primarily violet (I think) and a weird note that reminds me of some elementary school cleaner or pencil shavings. Longevity is not good on me. Projection & sillage are ok. Never got a compliment with it.

Himalaya

The general first impression of this is a mix of Green Irish Tweed, some notes from Bois du Portugal, and something else. It quickly fades leaving an Old Spice note or vibe that I don't care to be associated with. Projection & sillage: sub-par. No compliments either.

I have been thinking about picking up GIT or Green Valley myself. Green Valley didn't get my attention till I heard it was getting discontinued but a green/mint scent sounds really nice. Wish I lived close to a story that actually sold Creed so I could sample it.

Both scents are very good fragrances.....I have to go with GIT.....This really does well on my skin!!!
    Gary

Try Paco Rabanne XS, its very similar to Himalaya - probably a bit less smooth - but lasts 2-3 times as long
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Blog Entries

This...
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Out of the Creeds, I think MI and Erolfa are the best everyday scents. Out of the ones you suggested, I'd go for GIT.
    And This...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Try Paco Rabanne XS, its very similar to Himalaya - probably a bit less smooth - but lasts 2-3 times as long

I knew the XS similarities were going to come out in this thread. I used XS as an alternate for Himalaya before I bought Himalaya and I wasn't satisfied with XS, although both smell identical, Himalaya has a more natural and smoother feel. Plus, XS doesn't have the icy frosty smell i get from Himalaya. And both last the same on me.

I'd say neither, quite frankly. I think there are better fragrances in the Creed line, which in itself is a bit overated in my opinion, particularly on Basenotes, where people talk about Creed ad nauseum.

Thanks for the input guys. I went with GIT. Gave Himalaya a full wearing the other day from a sample via made for me at NM, and it was gone in about 2 hours. That made my decision. Plus the fact that GIT is iconic and just smells great, period. But also last a good 4-5 hours before a 'touch up'.

GIT over Himalaya. I had real longevity troubles with Himalaya, won't be buying it again. I also agree with the person above that mentioned GIT would be more suited to semi-formal occasions.

For everyday use I'd consider trying MI or SMW.

They're both great, but if I could only have one, it would be GIT.