Code of Conduct

Red face So I tried quite a few frags over the weekend: Big Pony's, and Amouage

Well first off I tried to find Le Male Terrible at Macy with no luck and they never even heard of it or know of it coming out. So there goes that....

Now I saw they 4 new Ralph Lauren Polo Big Pony fragrances so I asked to sample them AND..... The only one that I liked was #1. BUT it wore off in about 3 hours in 90 degree heat. The rest were nothing amazing just ok at best. Wont be purchasing any of them

And I got my Amouage samples in the mail and I must say I was very excited. I ordered the top three for men by notes that I might like from reviews/threads and such. In the package were Reflection, Dia, and Jubliation XXV. So I spray each on different parts of my arm.

First Impressions on Dia: Def not for me! Smelled way too "mature" for my taste and lasted about an hour then was gone but came back 4 hours later .... weird and lasted another 4 hours.

First Impressions on Jubliation XXV: I LOVE the top notes on this! Almost berry-ish in a way. BUT the mid and base don't have the top that I like so much in them. The mid and base don't really please me at all..... so unfortunate. Last about 8 hrs on my skin.

First Impressions on Reflection: The top was a bit soapy for me and very strong. I kind of didnt like it. But I fell asleep for about 4 hours and when I woke up I was like " WTF is this on my hand " and it was reflection. It turned very sweet on my skin and I had to re-apply it to make sure this is what I smelled. Def interested in this for a buy. Any1 else get this sweet middle and base? What store sells Amouage(Neimans,Sakes or Barney)?
    Last edited by CutlassSupremeSL; 9th August 2010 at 04:23 PM.
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Default Re: So I tried quite a few frags over the weekend: Big Pony's, and Amouage

Did you saw some similartier between Reflection and Le Male? To my nose, Reflection seems like a refined version of Le Male, but it`s still Le Male and it`s the only amouage that I don`t know if would buy someday.
    I also sniff the rich berry opening, that to me looks like a prune liqueur. Jubilation XXV is one of my faves, specially because i like rich incense and spice fragrances, and there is pleanty of incense and spice in Jubilation XXV, but in a luxurious way. It`s the gold cousin of L'Artisan Dzonghka, if you have a sample of Dzonghka try them side by side, it`s interesting to see how they develop on skin.
    I don`t know if you like leather, but if so, try Amouage Epic, it`s an awesome gentleman's leather and aoud. Amouage Epic ladies is great if you like peppery scents - on me it has lots os black pepper at the opening, developing to a smoky, slightly musky, and incensy base. And it last forever, like almost all Amouages.

Blog Entries

Default Re: So I tried quite a few frags over the weekend: Big Pony's, and Amouage

Big Pony? Big joke is more like it. that stuff is emabrassing

Most people have been sorely disaapointed with 'Big Pony' offerings...true to their name, they are nice to look at, but don't live up to the claim of longevity and 'peter' out way too soon.

Booooy, if you didn't give Reflection a thumbs up, I was gonna flame your ass for real! lol Nah...
    Glad you like it. Reflection is nice, from top note to bottom. Jubilation is nice, but it smells a lot like Jo Malone's Pomegranite. When you get around to the Jo Malones, give that one a try. They're hella similar.

Blog Entries

Post Re: So I tried quite a few frags over the weekend: Big Pony's, and Amouage

Glad you got to try some Amouage - I agree with rickbr - Epic (either one) is awesome.

I LOLed when I saw the title. Kinda like...

So I tried some new wheels over the weekend: Ford Fiesta and Lamborghini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWNP...layer_embedded

never tried the amouage line as im a highschooler with a limited budget but , i have smelled the big pony line and they have severely disappointed me. Nothing special at all, pleasant at best. I was really looking forward to 2, shame

Quote Originally Posted by Slushiex3 View Post
    never tried the amouage line as im a highschooler with a limited budget but , i have smelled the big pony line and they have severely disappointed me. Nothing special at all, pleasant at best. I was really looking forward to 2, shame
    #2 smells like big red gum
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CutlassSupremeSL View Post
    Def interested in this for a buy. Any1 else get this sweet middle and base? What store sells Amouage(Neimans,Sakes or Barney)?
    They're actually quite hard to find in stores. Bergdorf Goodman carries them in NYC, but none of the big chains have them. They're pretty easy to find online - Luckyscent and Aedes de Venustas have them. I think Raffy does too.

Oh, and please feel free to put your thoughts about stuff you sample in the Samples of the Day thread - we need more people posting!
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??