Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bleu de Chanel

Default Bleu de Chanel

"Fresh, clean, sexual..."

mehhh I don't need another fresh clean BLUE cologne.. I want something more unique. Please stop trying to please the masses!! Ralph Lauren and many others beat you to playing the Blue card years ago. Blahhh.

Default Re: Bleu de Chanel

well, we dont need another "fresh" fragance., but do we need another " woody-spicy-floral" ?? the problem is not the category..in each olfative families we find great or fragances totally a disaster.. im trying to be positive to this chanel. I hope to try it soon.

Tried it at Nordstrom today. Wasn't bad, but it smelled like any other half a dozen fresh / citrus / aquatic fragrances on their shelves. I really liked the bottle, though.
    Currently wearing: Sculpture Homme by Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Tried it at Nordstrom today. Wasn't bad, but it smelled like any other half a dozen fresh / citrus / aquatic fragrances on their shelves. I really liked the bottle, though.
    You know what? I said the same thing when I first sprayed it on. However, after a few hours, this scent really blooms nicely. I will be getting a bottle as a gift from a friend on release day.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    You know what? I said the same thing when I first sprayed it on. However, after a few hours, this scent really blooms nicely. I will be getting a bottle as a gift from a friend on release day.
    Hmm.. I'll have to give it another chance. To be fair, I was testing quite a few other frags at the time and didn't give it a chance beyond my initial impression on a sprayer card.
    Currently wearing: Sculpture Homme by Nikos

That`s pity how one word (BLUE) made some of BNoters to hate the scent
    There`re not so many colours after all
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Blog Entries

I tried this sucker YET AGAIN today.

- I'm still not falling for it, but...
    - I really felt drawn to keep sniffing my hand
    - The drydown is really rather nice
    - I almost think that I'm anosmic to the main woody amber, which may be in certain other frags. I can detect that something is being sensed by my nose, but it doesn't register as anything. It's like a blank smell. VERY strange.

yeah, they think Blue = fresh = aqua= ...... you know...

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    yeah, they think Blue = fresh = aqua= ...... you know...

Bleu is just bland. Pleasantly bland, for sure, but it doesn't stick out in the sea of generically fresh-fruity-spicy-woody fragrances that are littering the shelves of department stores everywhere.

Tried it today with an open mind. The opening was pleasant, lemon, grapefruit, however after that faded it smells like a muted Bvlgari Aqua
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Now don't get me wrong. I love allure sport. And I like fresh fruity woody colognes. But that is all Chanel has been doing lately. I just want something new from them.

I have tried serveral times and I still think that Chanel can do much better ....
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I have allure sport and after smelling Bleu, I wish that I had held off on my purchase. Bleu is generic but appealing.

Blanche is the best one!

I like it a lot. Was bored with it on the blotter, but on my skin it came to life. I disagree with all the comparisons to the Allure line. Bleu is very well done indeed.

Maybe Chanel can do better, and maybe this won't go down as one of their "classic greats", but I liked it enough to get a small bottle. I think it smells great with good persistence.

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    Maybe Chanel can do better, and maybe this won't go down as one of their "classic greats", but I liked it enough to get a small bottle. I think it smells great with good persistence.
    I also liked it enough to buy a bottle. The girls love it!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    They could have even called it Purple de Chanel, it wouldn`t change the fact that what it`s inside of it smells boring and uninspired and lacks Chanel creativity that they used to put in the scents that they produced.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    They could have even called it Purple de Chanel, it wouldn`t change the fact that what it`s inside of it smells boring and uninspired and lacks Chanel creativity that they used to put in the scents that they produced.
    Yes, I know that we who like it are in the minority here.

How is its projection and longevity compared to the Allure line's?

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Yes, I know that we who like it are in the minority here.
    I have an impression that the likeXhate in this one is quite balanced

Sur la Plage

I think they should market Bleu de Chanel with a "bluish" Thomas Kinkade painting. I think they go quite well together.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I have an impression that the likeXhate in this one is quite balanced
    I just remember that very long thread when it was first released... I was pretty alone in my like for it... people seem to be coming around to it more now.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I think they should market Bleu de Chanel with a "bluish" Thomas Kinkade painting. I think they go quite well together.

That's the Kiss of Death!
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    That's the Kiss of Death!

"It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    I just remember that very long thread when it was first released... I was pretty alone in my like for it... people seem to be coming around to it more now.
    I thought I made a mistake when I bought it on an impulse. I gave it a shot and was glad I did. I found that while I thought it had a mild, muddled nature at first, It really had a personality that shined when I wore it. I've gotten a ton of compliments and "oooh, what's that?" type of comments. It's deceptive, I think. One of the coolest things about Bleu de Chanel is the way the vetiver is played. I can't smell it at all in the composition for several hours-- then after maybe twelve hours or the next morning, it's morphed into a nutty, earthy vetiver skin scent like the drydown of Lanvin's newer Vetyver.

There is really something nice about the way this scent wears. Don't dismiss it too quickly. It's a really versatile scent that you may not find immediately exciting, but others who smell it on you definitely notice and enjoy. I often wear some edgy stuff and was kind of surprised at the number of enthusiastic comments I get on the supposedly lame Bleu de Chanel.

It's a grower.

I loved it from the first sniff. It's sad though that it has sucha poor longevity.