Code of Conduct

Default Penhaligon Castile versus Orange Blossom (new Anthology version)

I finally got another bottle of Castile (my last interface with it was years ago) and am loving the process of getting to know it again. I'm an addict when it comes to neroli and neroli-based eau de cologne type fragrances - if I could bathe in a tub of de Nicolai's Cologne Sologne, I would do it twice a day.

Do I "need" the Orange Blossom? I know I'll want it if I sample at all. Tell me about the differences and similarities. Encourage/discourage/goad me on. Thank you. (I think)

Default Re: Penhaligon Castile versus Orange Blossom (new Anthology version)

I don't think there's any competition frankly, Castile wins hands down.

I've had Castile for a few years now and love it. Orange Blossom is nice, but somewhat linear and wouldn't tempt me to go to full bottle on it. It shares some of the orangey essence of Castile but doesn't really go anywhere with it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Default Penhaligon Castile versus Orange Blossom (new Anthology version)

I've never tried Orange Blossom, but Castile is really good stuff. Personally, I don't like the first 5 minutes but after that it is awesome. I wore it on Saturday and while at a checkout at the gas station, the female clerk just stopped and awkwardly said "your cologne is wonderful!" and then went back to work. It's just one of many compliments that I have received while wearing it.

Default Re: Penhaligon Castile versus Orange Blossom (new Anthology version)

One thing I love about neroli frags is their "soapy" quality, whether subtle (like MPG's Eau Pour le Jeune Homme) to obvious (Castile and Cologne Sologne). Any comments about the soapiness quotient in OB? It sounds like there is quite a complex floral and spice blend at its heart - curious about the tuberose in it too. Thanks.