Code of Conduct

Default Erwin Creed Talks About Sublime Vanille

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bke8wHneLpk

First time I've heard him speak. Thought you all might enjoy this. I'm thinking about getting a sample/decant of this. Any input would be appreciated. I like Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, but I understand Creed's will be different.

Default Re: Erwin Creed Talks About Sublime Vanille

lol I found it amusing the person operating the camera felt the need to do an extreme close-up of him during the interview.

Sampled it once, at the Creed Boutique in NYC. It's a nice, light vanilla. I liked it, but it's a bit too insubstantial to justify the $550 price tag.

Short store sniff only Sensual. Nice. High quality. Very intense vanilla, but as cologneguy said, light nonetheless. I suppose it's unisex, but on "average" this leaned more feminine to my nose.

Some men could wear it fine I'm sure. The tobacco notes in TF Tobacco Vanille tempers the strong, sweet vanilla just enough for me to wear it. This seemed like all vanilla all the time.

I'd like to hear other input. It wasn't a real good test. Can't say if it's worth that price tag, but I was totally clear this was high quality juice.

I am not sure if its worth $550, but its currently the best masculine vanilla on the market. I can't stand heavy cartoonish vanillas or vanillas which are chock full of other notes (like Guerlains SDV) so this is perfect for me.

It is a light citrusy vanilla which gets more woody and balsamic...the control of how the ingredients are blended and shifted through the various stages is impeccable. I have been playing with lots of various grades of vanilla extracts lately (bourbon/madagascar, etc) and Sublime Vanilla contains a good percentage of it. I used to wear Habit Rouge EDC before it suffered a drastic drop in quality and went all plasticky, and Sublime Vanille is my new vanilla of choice.
    -

Blog Entries

I would love to smell it if I got the chance. zz likes this quite a bit if I recall correctly (and it looks by his post which beat me in that he does). I'm OK with vanilla things leaning as far to the ladies' aisle as Shalimar, so this might be good. But it would have to kick Aventus off its pedestal to win me over right now, and that's not very likely.

(OTOH - citrusy vanilla sounds very Eau de Shalimar, and I can dig that...)

He mentioned "Spice and Woods", which a Creed rep said smelled like a very toned down Original Santal.

I like that he hasn't fixed himself up too much. His ties are always a bit crooked, his hair is out of place much of the time, he hasn't gotten dermabrasion. Probably has a girl waiting in a chateau of every city he visits.

I agree completely with everything StylinLA said abour Sublime Vanille. It;s high quality, but a feminine light vanilla near-soliflore isn't worth anywhere near that much.

As for Erwin, dude always came off megasoft & strange in the pictures, but now I believe that he likes boxing. Seems cool enough. But who the F#@k has him parting his hair like that BWAHAHHAHAAA.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    He mentioned "Spice and Woods", which a Creed rep said smelled like a very toned down Original Santal.
    *drops head in dissapointment*
    *hoping rep's nose is broken and it's not a better version of the montale namesake*

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    *drops head in dissapointment*
    *hoping rep's nose is broken and it's not a better version of the montale namesake*
    I know. A Creed rep told me this just this past weekend. Of course I listened carefully when he mentioned having sniffed it. He did say it isn't sweet like OS, but shared a certain likeness.

Get a sample. To me, it seemed feminine.

I'm a vanilla lover and I found SV to be of interest. Erwin's English is shaky, that's probably the reason why he isn't really saying anything beyond what a typical Creed SA would. Can I brush his hair? Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guyer View Post
    Can I brush his hair? Thanks for sharing.
    I was thinking similarly: he needs a haircut.

I wasnt overly impressed with Sublime Vanille. It smells exactly like the bottle of vanilla extract I have in my cupboard.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I haven't tried Sublime Vanille yet, but Erwin's hair says: "I don't care - I'm born sublime" Hahaha.
    Cool job there Erwin and what you do for a living is even greater!
    I'm job jealous!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

he seems like a cool enough dude...

as for Sublime Vanille... a perfect rendition of something I would never care to smell like. but any vanilla lover has to be ga-ga over it.

He comes across as quite down to earth and approachable. In previous ad photos they make him look so aloof and stuck up.

Basenotes Institution

I only smelled SV once, and I liked it. But, a vanilla powerhouse (or gourmand) it is not. I think it, and Havana Vanille by L'Artisan, are cut from the same cloth - in their approach to vanilla. I'd love to get a decant to really play around with it more.

Thanks all for your input!

I kinda found it weird that my bottle of Himalaya has a shiny cap like the one on SMW. I'd only seen caps with the same matte finish as the bottle. In this video, all the Himalaya caps are shiny. I didn't think mine was fake, but never understood that incongruity.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    He comes across as quite down to earth and approachable. In previous ad photos they make him look so aloof and stuck up.
    Wow, I thought he came off like a typical, condescending brat. You know the type: graduated from Brown, worked for Goldman Sachs for a few years and then went running back to the family business/yacht.

The intro of sv is great but the drydown smells bad to me, it is ok but not worth the money to me. Acier alumium smells better it has vanilla mixed with spice and fruit that makes it more masculine, same as tv by tom ford which i love to death.