Code of Conduct

Default Does Anyone see a Calyx/Chant d'Aromes connection?

I sprayed on Calyx tonight and it instantly bloomed in the humid air. It kept bugging that it reminded me of something that I've worn before. Then it hit me, Chant d'Aromes: aldehydic, fruity and floral; Calyx is much denser and there seems to be a slight boozy note.
    But without a sample of Chant at hand to compare to, I could be just suffering from summer fever.
    Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Default Re: Does Anyone see a Calyx/Chant d'Aromes connection?

I see them both as fruity chypres and you're right i also see that Calix is much denser but their drydowns are very different i think, Calix remains fruity mainly raspberry with woods and Chant d'A is much more dry, vanillic almost metallic woods. I also think Calix wins in longevity here.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
    .....their drydowns are very different i think, Calix remains fruity mainly raspberry with woods and Chant d'A is much more dry, vanillic almost metallic woods. I also think Calix wins in longevity here.
    It certainly does, it's the next morning and there is the fruity base of Calyx still on my wrist. The drydown really is different with Calyx, it just goes sweeter and sweeter, whereas Chant does the chyrpre thing. I also had Dazzling Silver on my other wrist and there is a certain mid-stage where it has similarities to Calyx. Calyx also brings to mind Beyond Paradise at certain stages. Calyx is quite wonderful, but I can't pull off all the fruit it has on display.

Hillaire

I don't smell it really, besides their both being fruit chypres.

Calyx has always been a scrubber for me; the guava is weirdly scratchy and grainy. I cannot even wait for the chypre factor. I just don't like it.

Chant d'Aromes is pure plums, classic, and butter smooth.