Code of Conduct

Default Barneys in Chicago

Hey guys, i have a friend who is currently in Chicago for work and is staying across the street from all sorts of high end boutiques , Barneys and Niemens. I looked online and Barneys carries Le labo, Fredric Malle and Serge Luten lines.

I'm going to have her buy me a bottle of Chergui since i'm retso i'm sure she will be able to get me a descent amount of samples considering she's maknig a purchase. What are must tries for me for these liens, and if there is anything else they carry that you can think of that i need to get a whiff of.

I want to say their Neimens may carry high end items as well outside of Creed just Creed which is the only Niche the Neimens here in Orlando carries.

Since i have not had the oppurtunity to get my nose on much of anything from these houses , here are the ones that seem to get a lot of postivie feedback

SL Ambre Sultan
    SL Fumerie Turque
    Fredic Malle - Vetiver Extradionare
    Fredric Malle- Portrat of Lady i think its called.
    Fredric Malle - Carnel Flowers
    Le labo, i haven't tried anyting but Rose 31 which i owne a 50ml decant of and love. Any thing else from this house i should try to get a sample of?

Let me know if there is anything else i'm missing that you would grab if you had an oppurtunity to go to Barneys. How nice it would be to have this local to go whenever you wanted!
    Thanks
    Last edited by persianprince; 10th May 2011 at 07:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Barneys in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Hey guys, i have a friend who is currently in Chicago for work and is staying across the street from all sorts of high end boutiques , Barneys and Niemens. I looked online and Barneys carries Le labo, Fredric Malle and Serge Luten lines.

I'm going to have her buy me a bottle of Chergui since i'm retso i'm sure she will be able to get me a descent amount of samples considering she's maknig a purchase. What are must tries for me for these liens, and if there is anything else they carry that you can think of that i need to get a whiff of.

I want to say their Neimens may carry high end items as well outside of Creed just Creed which is the only Niche the Neimens here in Orlando carries.

Since i have not had the oppurtunity to get my nose on much of anything from these houses , here are the ones that seem to get a lot of postivie feedback

SL Ambre Sultan
    SL Fumerie Turque
    Fredic Malle - Vetiver Extradionare
    Fredric Malle- Portrat of Lady i think its called.
    Le labo, i haven't tried anyting but Rose 31 which i owne a 50ml decant of and love. Any thing else from this house i should try to get a sample of?

Let me know if there is anything else i'm missing that you would grab if you had an oppurtunity to go to Barneys. How nice it would be to have this local to go whenever you wanted!
    Thanks
    Good job on selecting excellent sample choices. I just got back from a week vacationing in Chicago. A fun city with great people,dining and shopping.

Hopefully she is able to get a lot of samples for me She is going shopping tomorrow for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much everything you mentioned.

You cant go wrong with anything from SL, Le Labo and Frederic Malle.

Post Thanks / Like

Your choices are excellent. Be sure to smell portrait of a lady and carnal flower LAST, because carnal flower will blow out your senses and everything after will smell like that.

Also try Musc Ravageur, if you can get them to give you that many samples.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say that all of the scents from those houses (Malle, Lutens, Le Labo) are a must try.

thanks guys, She is on her way to Barneys so we shall see how many samples she can get out of them. I wasn't sure what to ask for from the le labo line, since Rose 31 and Iris 29 are the only ones I've really heard a lot of good thigns from.

Quote Originally Posted by persianprince View Post
    Hey guys, i have a friend who is currently in Chicago for work and is staying across the street from all sorts of high end boutiques , Barneys ...
    The Barneys coop in Phily only carries 3 frags regularly. When I was there even these were out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    The Barneys coop in Phily only carries 3 frags regularly. When I was there even these were out of stock.
    I checked prior to her going and they have full stock in all SL line and FM. Not sure on the Le labo though. I'm assuming they stay pretty stocked considering the location.

Post Thanks / Like

If she's going to Neiman's, have her stop by the Tom Ford counter. I know they have one at the Neiman's here in LA. They're always incredibly generous to me with respect to samples, even when I don't buy anything...

The Barney's in Chicago has a good selection, but both times I've shopped there I got weird vibes from the SA's, as in "What are you doing here? You must be shopping for a woman. These are for women." Both times I showed up reasonably dressed, and tried the all-business approach. Tried to talk fragrance with the SA's. The SA's weren't very impressive, actually. Saturday morning both times, I got the idea that their A-list sales team must be out at that time. I've heard there are good SA's that work there, but I haven't seen them yet. Even after purchasing, I got the look like "What are you doing in here?" Overall, a bad experience. Love the products, but the customer service thing there really, REALLY needs to be fixed.

PS: Barney's in NYC - PERFECT customer service every time I shop there. It's worth the extra airfare money to skip the odd service in Chicago, IMO.

I go to Barneys in Chicago all the time, and never have any problems. The Frederic Malle, L'Artisan, and Serge Lutens SAs are all very good and friendly. Serge Lutens and Byredo never seem to have any samples, though. Malle was out of Portrait of a Lady samples (and a couple of others) when I was there on Monday.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Post Thanks / Like

What samples did she get in the end? =)

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    What samples did she get in the end? =)

Her trip was pretty successful, she bought my my bottle of chergui, and from the list of samples i wanted above she came was ablle to get the following and a few others that they had on hand.

Surge Luten n- Louve and Clair de Musc
    Fredic Malle - Geranium Pour Monsieur
    Fredric Malle – Musc Ravageor
    Fred Malle - Angeliques Sous La Pluie

These are offical samples they had and the others i requested they said they didn't have and coudln't make any there, which I believe was the SA being lazy, since i called prior to her going and spoke to a gentlmen that said we don't have many SL samples on hand but ew can make which ever ones you want. Oh well, i can't complain, I got my bottle of chergui which I love, and a few samples i wanted to sniff out and couple extra i've never heard of. This will be my first time smelling these so I hope to find a specail scent that could be a potential bottle purchase.