Code of Conduct

Default Isabey Blind Buy? Input anyone...

I am contemplating a blind buy of either Gardenia or Fleur de Nocturne. I would like to get both, but I need to practice some restraint. Both sound lovely. But I am leaning towards Fleur de Nocturne as it sounds a bit more complex. The touch of vanilla/patchouli are calling to me. But Gardenia sounds absolutely lush.

I've read the threads, but still need some input. Anyone have experience with one or both? What are you're impressions? If you had to buy only one of the two, which one would you buy and why?

Florals that I enjoy:

Bois de Paradis, Coup de Foudre, Carnal Flower, Nuit de Tubereuse, Le Temps D'une Fete.

Thanks in advance!

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Isabey Blind Buy? Input anyone...

If you love gardenia, the Isabey is stunning. However, blind buys are usually not such a good idea.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

I have tried both and in my opinion Fluer de Nocturne is not as special as Gardenia.

I would also vote for Gardenia. I found Fleur de Nocturne to be very similar to Gardenia but not quite as good.
    I think if you love Carnal Flower, Gardenia could work for you - it's a bit like Carnal Flower dressed for the night. A buttery, creamy delight - it's on my wishlist.

However, why don't just buy a sample first to make sure you like it? It is quite an expensive scent, I wouldn't dare risking a blind buy.

I have sampled both briefly on paper testing strips. My impression was that both were pretty strong, full, soft, heady fragrances. I also found them to be similar, at least on the test card, and didn't spend much time trying to sort them out. They deserve to be tested on the skin.

I plan to get Gardenia first, based on my brief testing and the testimony of others, and possibly buy Fleur de Nocturne later.

My wife owns both, and she and I adore them. We both feel Gardenia has greater appeal, and would likely be a good blind buy.

You can read my review of Fleur Nocturne here:
    http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...-nocturne.html

Thanks, everyone, for your input. Sounds like Gardenia is the way to go. Would love to try them both before purchase, but by the time I get samples the Beauty Habit sale will be over. So I am trying to make as calculated a risk as possible. This info helps a great deal. If it bombs on me, I'll sell it. If not I just scored a great deal on a wonderful scent.

Sorcery of Scent, thanks for the link to your review. Fleur Nocturne still really intrigues me. It is definitely on my sample list.

Thanks, everyone, for your input. Sounds like Gardenia is the way to go. Would love to try them both before purchase, but by the time I get samples the Beauty Habit sale will be over. So I am trying to make as calculated a risk as possible. This info helps a great deal. If it bombs on me, I'll sell it. If not I just scored a great deal on a wonderful scent.

Sorcery of Scent, thanks for the link to your review. Fleur Nocturne still really intrigues me. It is definitely on my sample list.

Basenotes Institution

Gardenia is beautiful and smells a tiny touch like Dior's Poison. Good luck ! The bottle is gorgeous looking too. I am going to re read Dimitri's post on it now............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Well...I ordered both--along with samples of each so I could test them before opening the packages making them un-returnable. Now i have a bigger problem. I like both of them!! Immensely! I could just get generous decants of both. But it doesn't help that the bottles on both of these fragrances are beautiful...and that I got them both on sale (25% off from BH). Though I do agree that Gardenia is the more special one of the two. So I'll probably return Fleur Nocturne...we'll see....I have 10 days to decide.