Code of Conduct

Thread: Am I too Young

Question Am I too Young

Hi i am 15 and i guess I just buying cologne, but i watched tons of review and know a bit about cologne. I dont really like too many summer scents so I bought a cheapy (Azzaro Chrome) and I sometimes use my dads Issey Myake I know those two scents are safe for my age but I also have purchased Angel Men. I love this fragrance and will probably get pure malt when im older. I am also thinking about buying Burberry London. Is Angel Men and Burberry too mature for my age and teenage girls.

Default Re: Am I too Young

Not really, I think 15 is a good age to get into cologne, although just don't be like every typical teenager and douse yourself with the stuff. 2 or 3 sprays is usually more than enough for you and those in your close vicinity to enjoy.

As for A*Men and London, I love London. Not so keen on A*Men, too strong and obnoxious for me. They both say colder weather though, so maybe not so appropriate for another month or two.

Nice choices. It will set apart in a good way from most high school students. I don't buy the idea that some scents are too mature. With the right attitude, you can get away with all sorts of interesting scents.

bro, if ur 15, just wear Abercrombie Fierce. Trust me.

You aren't too young. If you like them, wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    bro, if ur 15, just wear Abercrombie Fierce. Trust me.
    No way. Why would someone take the time out of their life to go to Basenotes and "...just wear Abercrombie Fierce".

Jasper, you are not too young to wear AMen and Burberry London. Wear them with pride. Add a couple of more choices to your collection as well. Your off to a fantasic start
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

You are never too young for fragrances, besides Burberry London and A Men seem very appropriate for your age, definitely not too mature

Hell no, you can wear whatever scent you like at whatever age you like. The main thing is if you like it. Don't wear something because it gets rave reviews and you're "supposed to" like it. If you think it smells "above your age" (or below it), then I wouldn't wear it if I were you because you probably won't be able to pull it off. But if you like it and you feel it suits your personality (or some aspect of it), then by all means wear it!
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 11th August 2010 at 11:56 AM.

^ agreed 100% wear whatever the hell you want man. If its "too old" for you, GOOD you are bold, have great taste, and probably balls enough to wear em.

I feel those choices are just fine.

A*Men and Burberry London are not fragrances that i would say would be "too old" for anyone.

too old would be something like DUC DE VERVINS.

there both great fragrances

duplicate....sorry about that.
    Last edited by volley2; 11th August 2010 at 01:15 AM.

It's good to know the good ones at an early stage. You can get BB London maybe for important occasions. But also get something a little less mature like Opium pour homme by YSl, Rochas Man so you can have alternatives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    You aren't too young. If you like them, wear them.
    +3 to this!

I wore some very loud perfumes at your age and that was 30 years ago when perfumes were even stronger.
    At that time there was no such thing as young or old scents as far as I knew.
    Marketing and perfumes have both changed considerably since then.

Just go with what you really like and don't be fooled into thinking there is a category for you because of your age, race, gender, hair colour or whether you wear boxers or briefs.

Have fun!
    He isn't poor because he lacks money but because everything he wants is unobtainable ...

My name is KaL - EL - EL - L - L - L ! D:

accidental post- dont know how to delete your own post =)

[QUOTE=volley2;1903251 But also get something a little less mature like Opium pour homme by YSl, Rochas Man so you can have alternatives.[/QUOTE]

I will def look for more alternatives.

And Thank you all for answering me pretty quickly. Its a great community

Blog Entries

A*Men is great for all ages! ...as long as you can survive it! MUHAHAHA! no but really, if i knew about it when i was 15, id've worn it

No way are you too young! I would say that those are some selections that are a bit more sophisticated for your age, but perhaps that just means you're ahead of your time!

It's similar to personal clothing style, wear what you like and what you feel the most confident wearing, but just don't let it wear you.

15? too young? I got into parfums when I was 12 (I used to think Jake by Hollister Co. was good....) and I'm almost 14 now. There is nobody who is "too young" to wear cologne.

In fact, I'm presently stuck between Boss No.6, Burberry London, and A*Men for the fall/winter school year...

"You've taken your first step into a larger world." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Here's my consensus-like response:

Wear A*Men or Burberry London for you. If others like it, fine. However, when you wish to attract, wear the fragrances that have a consistent track record for your age (Fierce, Chrome, Aqua di Gio, whatever). If money is a factor, acquire decants/samples for the ones you will use sparingly.

Not too young. I'll bet many in here started around the same time. I feel like a hundred years older than 15. I bought some stuff called Hai Karate when I was your age. Tis a miracle I remained interested in frags after that debacle.

The only advice I will give you is wear what you like; what feels right to you. But go easy on the trigger. Getting trapped in classroom or office with someone wearing too much scent can be bad.

At your age I was going through my second bottle of Cartier - Pasha ... well, something like that, at least. Keep going!

Forget your age. Go with you instinct , if you like a cologne go for it, but don't over do it. You don't want to kill all bystanders. I was in first year high (12) when I started to scent up an got nothing but complements. ,

I wish I had started at 15. By now I would have my own first hand vintage collection!

I believe that whether a girl is 15 or 40, a pleasing smell is a pleasing smell. Whether or not it matches with your surroundings is another story. I don't think London would be appropriate for school in the day time during these humid days, but during the cooler months, yes. Wear what you like, there's a good chance your friends at school (and the girls) will like it too, since there's no age minimum or limit to enjoy a good smell.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I believe that whether a girl is 15 or 40, a pleasing smell is a pleasing smell. Whether or not it matches with your surroundings is another story. I don't think London would be appropriate for school in the day time during these humid days, but during the cooler months, yes. Wear what you like, there's a good chance your friends at school (and the girls) will like it too, since there's no age minimum or limit to enjoy a good smell.
    I'm in Florida too, I think he and I are both looking for something to buy BEFORE the onset of Fall/Winter so stock is more easily acquired (and at a lower price).

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    No way. Why would someone take the time out of their life to go to Basenotes and "...just wear Abercrombie Fierce".

Jasper, you are not too young to wear AMen and Burberry London. Wear them with pride. Add a couple of more choices to your collection as well. Your off to a fantasic start
    Agreed. Here in Florida, Jake and Fierce and more prevalent in schools than AdG in the rest of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNerd View Post
    I'm in Florida too, I think he and I are both looking for something to buy BEFORE the onset of Fall/Winter so stock is more easily acquired (and at a lower price).
    exactly and most of the school year is fall and winter and early spring, so its kinda like a get back to school cologne

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNerd View Post
    exactly and most of the school year is fall and winter and early spring, so its kinda like a get back to school cologne