Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Which house should I delve into next?

So roughly once a month when I've got some extra pocket change I like to start trying out a new house and I'll just order a bunch of samples of their offerings. I seem to be stuck this time trying to decide which one to start sampling next, it's between Parfumerie Generale, Montale, Soivohle and ELDO. I have yet to try anything from any of these houses, so which one do you guys think I should start sampling?

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which house should I delve into next?

Parfumerie Generale....but also check out Serge Lutens.

Post Thanks / Like

Caron, cheap and great.
    Yatagan
    L Anarchiste
    Homme
    Third man
    All of the above great offerings and very rewarding at a decent price.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior Dior
    Lolz I've already tried most of their male offerings, although from what I hear Hypnotic poison can be pulled off by a man as well so I'll have to try that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Parfumerie Generale....but also check out Serge Lutens.
    I've already tried most of the exports and adore a few, I would love to try the non exports as well but don't want to pay the perfumed court prices right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    I've already tried most of the exports and adore a few, I would love to try the non exports as well but don't want to pay the perfumed court prices right now.
    Guerlain
    YSL
    Bvlgari

You're in LV.... drive up the road to Pahrump and sample one of those 'houses'.....lol
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear Hypnotic poison can be pulled off by a man as well so I'll have to try that one.
    Yep! It takes some balls, though, but it actually turns quite manly on a man,
    and the ladies love it just as much as men does! You cn do it ...

Montale

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Most definitely ELdO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of Eldo but looking them up it mentions Imitation perfumes made from essential oils.
    Try something Italian: Lorenzo Villoresi, Bois 1920, Nobile 1942, Acqua di Genova, Carthusia, Antimateria, Essenze di Mezzanotte, i Profumi di Firenze, Xerjoff etc

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I've never heard of Eldo but looking them up it mentions Imitation perfumes made from essential oils.
    ??????????
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.eldoperfumes.co.za/ElFRDO...ge%203%20.html

There's possibly another ELDO from the ??????????? reply

http://www.etatlibredorange.com/fr/index.html I know what you are on about now lmao, I've definitely heard of this one as I've got some hehe, senior moment there taking over.

Post Thanks / Like

Might be fun to give Patricia de Nicolai's stuff a run. I mean any of the next months or sometime.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Montale's are a must, sadly their range has very little variation, mostly Aoud/Rose variation. If you get Black Aoud/Red Aoud/White Aoud(pref Aoud Queen Roses instead of regular White Aoud) you've pretty much covered 75% of their offerings.

Tom Ford is great, that if you can afford the private collection prices, I honestly ignored Tom Ford for so long, and once I tried some of their offerings, it made it to my top 5 houses immediately.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.etatlibredorange.com/fr/index.html I know what you are on about now lmao, I've definitely heard of this one as I've got some hehe, senior moment there taking over.
    LOL my bad, I should've just typed it out instead of being lazy

Montale's are a must, sadly their range has very little variation, mostly Aoud/Rose variation. If you get Black Aoud/Red Aoud/White Aoud(pref Aoud Queen Roses instead of regular White Aoud) you've pretty much covered 75% of their offerings.

Tom Ford is great, that if you can afford the private collection prices, I honestly ignored Tom Ford for so long, and once I tried some of their offerings, it made it to my top 5 houses immediately.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

LOL my bad, I should've just typed it out instead of being lazy
    Me too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He he.

Out of your choices, I'd suggest Etat over these others. I have yet to enjoy or be impressed by a single non-aoud Montale, and the ouds are so similar, that you could probably just order a sample of Black Aoud - If you like it but wish it were very very slightly different, only then bother trying the others.

Personally, I'd suggest getting to know some real oud oils over Montale, and skip the others altogether (with the possible exception of Red Vetyver)

Soivohle scents very much act like natural perfumes - very little silage, but last for quite a while sniffing the skin. Some people hate that. If you're not into the natural thing, you'd probably find them frustrating.

ELDO scents, while I have yet to find one I'd actually buy, have all been modern (though classically influenced) and different from the other stuff that's out there - they seem to be experts at finding novel combinations that no one else has tried and actually making them work.

I'm assuming you've already explored L'Artisan and CDG and Creed and Tom Ford and the other easier-to-find lines...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    He he.

Out of your choices, I'd suggest Etat over these others. I have yet to enjoy or be impressed by a single non-aoud Montale, and the ouds are so similar, that you could probably just order a sample of Black Aoud - If you like it but wish it were very very slightly different, only then bother trying the others.

Personally, I'd suggest getting to know some real oud oils over Montale, and skip the others altogether (with the possible exception of Red Vetyver)

Soivohle scents very much act like natural perfumes - very little silage, but last for quite a while sniffing the skin. Some people hate that. If you're not into the natural thing, you'd probably find them frustrating.

ELDO scents, while I have yet to find one I'd actually buy, have all been modern (though classically influenced) and different from the other stuff that's out there - they seem to be experts at finding novel combinations that no one else has tried and actually making them work.

I'm assuming you've already explored L'Artisan and CDG and Creed and Tom Ford and the other easier-to-find lines...
    Yeah I think I will just go ahead and try out black Aoud maybe with some other samples I get, it seems to be the one across the board people generally love from them.

I actually have yet to try anything from CDG or Tom Ford, although they just opened a Tom Ford boutique here that I have been meaning to stop by, so I won't even have to order samples of that line hopefully. The lines that I have either tried all of, or only a few of and don't really have a desire to continue sampling are: Creed, Serge Lutens, Ayala Moriel, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Bond No 9, Amouage, Xerjoff, By Kilian, Guerlain, Cereus, Bois 1920, Odori, Diptyque, Hermes, Acqua di Parma, Dior, Penhaligon's, Parfums MDCI,. I'm also always trying out new designer fragrances and have tried tons, but those can be found everywhere and the purpose of my posting this thread was really to decide on which samples I want to actually spend money on and order because they are not readily available where I live

Post Thanks / Like

Yves Saint Laurent! This is probably the only frag house where I enjoy most of all there men offerings, EXCEPT Kouros which is just UGHHH! But you cant go wrong with this house.
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my pics would be Penhaligon's, YSL, Dior, Guerlain. Aside from having a sort of house note that speaks to me, I think they are all quality and have diverse range.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I forgot Kenzo. Delve into Kenzo at some point too.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.