Code of Conduct

Default Recommendations for a dark, heavy, exotic winter fragrance. (non gourmand)

Something like ... Aedes De Venustas perhaps or middle eastern spices or well you guys tell me. Something exotic and heavy and dark.
    Last edited by neal; 11th August 2010 at 01:41 AM.

Default Re: Recommendations for a dark, heavy, exotic winter fragrance. (non gourmand)

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan is a standby in this category.

Default Re: Recommendations for a dark, heavy, exotic winter fragrance. (non gourmand)

Montale Full Incense

Fahrenheit Absolute

Basenotes Institution

Serge Noire by Serge Lutens

serge noire by SL + 1

most definitely, if you're looking for darkness.

Trumpers Eucris is pretty dark and heavy. May be a bit old school for you though.

I think Ambre Sultan kind of fits the bill too.

Off-Scenter

Eau Lente, Fumerie Turque, Black Aoud, Or Black, Basala, Jubilation XXV, Mazzolari Lui, Noir Epices.

+ 1 Serge Noir and Furmerie Turque. I wanna add Amouage Epic and Guerlain Habit Rouge Beau Cavalier.

Paul Smith London perhaps if you can find it. Also Fahrenheit, Zirh Ikon, John Varvatos

+1 Black Aoud.

Ungaro III comes to mind, although it might not be heavy enough for you.

Avignon

Ambre Russe by Parfum d'Empire is real fun and a masterpiece. I wouldn't even consider wearing it in summer.
    Last edited by Larimar; 11th August 2010 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Ungaro III comes to mind, although it might not be heavy enough for you.
    me too! But maybe it's not too exotic. Also try:

Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens
    Chergui by Serge Lutens

1740 Marquis de Sade
    by Histoire de Parfums

Salvador Dali Pour Homme

Agreed on Amouage Epic and Jubilation xxv. Will also add Michael Kors, Michael for men..

DeepSilence

Kenneth Cole Black
    Encre Noir

Wow, thanks guys for all the great recommendations. Gonna give Serge Noir try this week.
    Last edited by neal; 11th August 2010 at 05:41 PM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Serge Noir is indeed dark but imo it wears light...rather camphoraceous.

+1 on Black Aoud

Add:
    Patchouli 24 by LeLabo
    Black Tourmaline by Olivier Durbano
    Back to Black by By Kilian
    Opium by YSL
    Fireside Intense by Sonoma Scent Studio

Dark, Heavy, Exotic and possibly middle eastern in character?

Amouge Epic Man
    Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles
    Frapin Epicee Caravelle
    Xerjoff Dhofar

Donna Karan Wenge

Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    1740 Marquis de Sade by Histoire de Parfums
    completely agree with the above + am adding Mazzolari Lui

Yatagan, which is the opposite of what I should be sitting here spritzing as I write this given the fact that it's 85 degrees and very humid outside. (But I'm spritzing it anyway, because I love it.)

Midnight Poison by Dior
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Serge Noire isn't exotic for me, but dark for sure.
    You should find one corresponding into the SL line.

Lauder for Men is just about the darkest, most exotic fragrance I can think of.

Point Blank

Chanel Egoiste

I'd add Chanel Antaeus and MPG Parfum d'Habit

SMN Opoponax

Knize - Ten
    Van Cleef & Arpels - Pour homme

both pretty dark, heavy and mysterious/exotic
    Knize Ten !

salvador dali pour homme... absolutely! even straight out of the bottle youllknow its the right thing to do. put it on your skin, everyone in the room will know.

M7 but it's a little sweet. If you want something dark and heavy middle easterns are the way to go, if you're no very familiar with them Montale's are a safe route.

Messe de Minuit Etro
    Yatagan Caron
    Gucci pour Homme

Oscar de la renta Pour Lui
    VC&A
    M7

Blog Entries

Ambre Sultan and Salvador Dali Pour Homme.

Antaeus for sure. Non-gourmand, dark and rather complex.

Great recommendations so far. I would add Fougre Bengale.

If you want to save some money, try the original Bijan for men.

You know, I think it's possible to pull SL Fille en Aiguilles off during the warmer months...

Tom Fords Black Orchid
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR