Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 51 of 51
  1. #31

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Now i feel more comfortable, seeing these "real-life" numbers.
    Real life numbers: 6-8 on a normal day
    8-12 if going party against Le Males, Gios, Chromes and other stuff

    1 Spray is like using nothing, get serious! I spray my hands sometimes with AMen and no one notices!

  2. #32

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    For me, 2 sprays is more than adequate. I'm finding this to be true with a large number of JCE's compositions.
    Explain me how you can smell Un Jardin Apres la Mousson with only just 2 sprays... if i use 2 sprays on my hand, it's gone after 2 hours or so.. so explain me how do you get so much sillage and longevity with just 2 sprays.

    I think my skin is pretty normal, but frags don't last that much on me (with a few good exceptions) and doesn't matter how many sprays i use. The only problem is overspraying the wrong kind of fragances in the wrong weather. I can't imagine myself using 8 sprays of A*Men in hot summer, not even Hypnose or Pure Malt, heat intensifies the smell making it uncomfortable for me, but many fragances don't get affected by the number of sprays, and, in cold weather the problem is less serious.

    Last weekend i used more than 6-7 sprays of Ambre Sultan, it was still warm and i was at a party outdoors... no one seemed to notice the smell of Ambre Sultan (even if it is a rare scents where I live, amber centered scents are no popular over here). Nevertheless, a guy with Only the brave was giving me headache

  3. #33

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Postumo, I definitely respect your opinion, and go for what makes you feel great...but just because somebody doesn't outright SAY they smell your cologne, doesn't mean they don't. How many times have you passed somebody wearing way too much perfume/cologne and stopped them to say "hey, maybe you should turn down the volume a bit..." Probably not often. Did you say anything to the guy wearing Only the Brave when you were getting the headache from it? Doubt it...most people keep that to themselves unless they are FORCED to be around somebody for an extended period of time and its absolutely imperative that they be informed. Kinda like Pappy's experience in his office...the lady probably only commented because she would have to be in the same office with him over and over, so she felt better about letting him know, but even then she was probably hesitant to do that. People don't just up and mention that to others, because most people don't want to call people out unless its necessary. So...I'm sure they smelled your Ambre Sultan...because after all its still...Ambre Sultan. In heat. 6-7 sprays. You were smelled sir...comments made or not...
    I smell better than you.

  4. #34
    fsface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    For the EDP - I would say ONE SPRAY is enough. The stuff is so insanely strong, it's ridiculous. I fell in love with the EDP at first, but after several months of trying it wear it in various situations, I found it simply too overpowering and it never felt 'right' no matter where I wore it. So back to Nordstrom's it went.

    The EDT 2-3 sprays you're fine.

  5. #35
    tott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    2,767

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    For the EDP...
    Terre d'Hermès is not available in eau de parfum concentration. Did you mean parfum?

  6. #36

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    The fact that we cannot agree about the ideal number of sprays doesn’t mean that someone’s wrong. It just a matter of our personal preferences.


    Quote Originally Posted by noggs
    Killer_Vavoom and I both live in the Middle East, where people aren't gripped by fear of fragrance, so we can get away with pouring it on. I admit that on occasion I have used too much, but the usual response is something like, "Wow, man, you smell good!" rather than anything negative.

    Although my average number of sprays of anything is probably around 6-7, there are some fragrances I only spray once or two or three times and there are others where I go for over a dozen. It just depends on the fragrance. While I'm certainly not after clearing a room, I do want people to be able to smell it on me.

    With just one difference (I am not living in the Middle East), everything what noggs said perfectly describes my habits/points of view.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

  7. #37
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Terre d'Hermès EDT, two sprays are enough for quite good projection. Longevity is seldom issue to me no matter the scent.

  8. #38

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue View Post
    Postumo, I definitely respect your opinion, and go for what makes you feel great...but just because somebody doesn't outright SAY they smell your cologne, doesn't mean they don't. How many times have you passed somebody wearing way too much perfume/cologne and stopped them to say "hey, maybe you should turn down the volume a bit..." Probably not often. Did you say anything to the guy wearing Only the Brave when you were getting the headache from it? Doubt it...most people keep that to themselves unless they are FORCED to be around somebody for an extended period of time and its absolutely imperative that they be informed. Kinda like Pappy's experience in his office...the lady probably only commented because she would have to be in the same office with him over and over, so she felt better about letting him know, but even then she was probably hesitant to do that. People don't just up and mention that to others, because most people don't want to call people out unless its necessary. So...I'm sure they smelled your Ambre Sultan...because after all its still...Ambre Sultan. In heat. 6-7 sprays. You were smelled sir...comments made or not...
    Can't agree royalblue... when I say nobody notices i mean that if i ask someone if he/she does smells anything or if he/she likes my cologne i usually get these answers: i don't smell anything / too weak / it smells good (after trying hard or getting too close).

    That's why i say most people don't notice. The guy with Only the brave gave me headache because he was in my car, closed space sadly (i'd like a convertible).

    Around here i don't meet many people with a strong smell or odor. A girl works in front of my office and she leaves a heavy trail of Insolence by Guerlain that i feel heavy because it lasts even when she is long gone and, for me, it's sickening sweet... but i don't go out or disco or clubbin smelling heavy scents from other than the occasional "Le Male" guy. Here most people use aquatics...

    My opinion is that 1-2 sprays is just exaggerated, as they are more than 12. I use around 8 (some times they are not FULL sprays, just weak pressings ). And few colognes last on me more than 4-5 hours. That's why i can't believe those 1 sprays and 24 hours longevity I read over here.

    And, with Only the Brave the problem is the first hour, after that is mostly gone. No problem with the sillage or projection, my problem with it is the bad smell. I don't like it at all.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Killer, not trying to attack ya, but 15 ANYWHERE in this world is too much. I don't own Tdh, but I usually do about 5 sprays. 1 to the chest, 1 to each wrist and share with my inner elbows, and one on each side of my neck.

  10. #40
    Zgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    3,681

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Killer, not trying to attack ya, but 15 ANYWHERE in this world is too much. I don't own Tdh, but I usually do about 5 sprays. 1 to the chest, 1 to each wrist and share with my inner elbows, and one on each side of my neck.
    15 is really pushing it, I agree.

  11. #41

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    15 is really pushing it, I agree.
    I agree. If you read my post above I wore 7-8 sprays of TDH and a woman literally ACROSS the room in the office was having a hard time breathing.

    Thats not fair to other people and you don't know how you are affecting them especially if they have no choice but to be around you.

  12. #42

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    I wore about one and a half sprays of Terre D'Hermes Parfum on my chest, under my shirt and undershirt-- so basically under two layers of clothing the other night at work and got at least three compliments. One girl came and pressed her face into my chest while sighing. She also told me later how she loved the way I smelled. A male coworker gave me a compliment-- and he said he couldn't smell much because he had a cold. Later, probably six hours after I came to work, another coworker asked me what cologne I had on because he was looking for something new to wear and he liked this one a lot-- I wrote it down for him and gave him a sample vial.

    Honestly, Terre D'Hermes is one of my best work scents. I get a lot of compliments on it. I alternate between the EDT and Parfum-- I like things about both. My EDT is almost gone (the first bottle I'm going to finish in a collection of about 250) so I'm going to have to snag another bottle. It's one of the most radiant scents I've ever worn, so you don't need much to get noticed.

  13. #43

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    I wore just two sprays of the EDT on my chest today, and honestly it's not enough for me to enjoy it. I had an early morning meeting at 9 AM with a small room full of people, so I played it safe, but maybe too safe. I think three sprays going forward will be my minimum. I want to smell it, too! I get more out of Aventus than I have out of TDH today.

  14. #44

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    EDT I do one to front of the neck, one back of the neck, one on the shirt front and one on each forearm.

    5 sprays
    CURRENT TOP 5

    1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

  15. #45
    Basenotes Junkie psychoskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    532

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    How about 0 sprays?

  16. #46

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    EDT: 5 sprays. 3 on the chest, and 2 on the neck. I always put on some TDH after shave balm first as a base.
    EDP: the sillage on this is so low, that I can almost bath in it! (longevity is very good though)

  17. #47
    Basenotes Plus
    senore01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NEW YORK CITY
    Posts
    3,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    I can barely take one spray of TDH. Way too much ISO E super. I cannot tolerate that note.

  18. #48

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    2-3 of the EDT and 1-2 of the parfum work well for me. I find the parfum projects & lasts much better on my skin, so I really don't need that much of it.

  19. #49

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    2 to 4 spray
    My Top 10

    1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui



    "A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

  20. #50
    Dependent Wit_Siamese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    2 - 3 for work environment

    4 for casual outing

    Sometime, I also mixing the EDT with the Pure Parfum, they are really compliment each other.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

    -------- Amouage: Tribute Attar, Jubilation XXV, GoldMan
    ------ Serge Lutens: Chêne, Tubéreuse Criminell, Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore, Coromandel
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir, Tobacco Vanille
    ------- Hermès: Terre D'Hermès Parfum, Ambre Narguilé
    ------ EDP Frederic Malle: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Parfum MDCI: Invasion Barbare
    Currently wearing: Epic Man by Amouage

  21. #51
    treeman5823
    Guest

    Default Re: Terre d Hermes: How many sprays?

    Spraying too much TDH is contradicting the perfume's style: transparent and radiant (nouvelle parfumerie).

    I would go 2-3.

Similar Threads

  1. terre de hermes
    By bmw3030 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2nd September 2011, 08:46 PM
  2. Terre de Hermes Parfum by Hermes
    By mikeperez23 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 16th February 2010, 03:44 AM
  3. going deep - burts bee's vs. Hermes Terre De Hermes
    By jgold47 in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th July 2009, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000