Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Opinions of Black Orchid Voile de Fleur Please?

I cannot handle Balck Orchid, but the Voile de Fleur flanker interests me. I would appreciate relelvant opinions about this fragrance.

Default Re: Opinions of Black Orchid Voile de Fleur Please?

It is definitely more floral, i.e., feminine than its big sister. I really enjoy the "creaminess" it has to it. You can smell the original in the background enough that it makes a slight presence, but if the strength and tenaciousness of BO is what turns you off, you will probably like BOVDF. I stated that it is more feminine smelling than BO, but I wear it occasionally and have not felt overly self-conscious about it. I think you should give it a try, its good stuff. As a side note, I wear both Black Orchid and Black Orchid Voile de Fleur.

Basenotes Institution

It is very BIG N_Tesla. So, if you like your white floral fragrances LARGE, I think you'd like this one. Otherwise, you might not feel comfortable with it.

Too much white florals for me.

Basenotes Institution

Big white creamy floral. Very lovely . But then again, I love my big white creamy florals.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Big white creamy floral. Very lovely . But then again, I love my big white creamy florals.
    Me too. I think it is fantastic.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff, I wish I could smell it more often - on someone else.

Blog Entries

Risk taking is a part of life, so I have a big bottle on it's way. I do have an sample and like it, so it is not a blind buy. After that Midnight Poison extrait adventure I am getting bold or errr adventurous.

Basenotes Plus

It is a very beautiful white floral, and I never regret buying it although I mostly wear it at home.
    I love cologne.

I won't go into the whole "masculine" or "feminine" deal and try to concentrate on the notes:

There is a difference between the EdT and the EdP. Both have the similarities that if you don't like heady dark scents, these are not for you, but if so then both would be ok.

The Edt is mainly a clearer, more luminous version or the EdP, and both seem to lack the truffle note that was so intense on the original BO, if it's there, it's minimal.

Also the Edt seems more fruity and delectable than the EdP, which is more damp and sweeter but with less fruit as the earthier notes take over. Both are very leathery and waxy.

Both also contain a bigger dose of spices (specifically Nutmeg)than BO, which seemed to have spices but more of the human-burnt-flesh-type, as i mentioned i think on my review of that scent.

That smokiness present on BO is somewhat faded on BOVdF.

I complain a lot about "gardenia" scents lacking said ingredient yet they loved to be called gardenia (Chanel's Gardenia is just one example). This scent seems to have the note in good quantity and in good quality and I'm very grateful for it.

I found the white floral component a little too edgeless and indistinct, not smelling of any real flower enough to interest me. It's pleasant, but to my nose, it's Black Orchid diluted with 70% generic white floral accord.