Code of Conduct

Thread: Duc De Vervins

Default Duc De Vervins

What are your thoughts on this? I just purchased a used 90% bottle of this for 30 bucks, and seeing the prices of it online i guess thats a very good buy. its the 4 oz.

i like it, but there are too many things in my wardrobe id reach for before this.

what are your guys' thoughts on it

p.s. i guess it is pretty rare to find, so if anyone really wants to swap for it just ask.

Default Re: Duc De Vervins

Jonny,
    It's a great juice--a bit more wet at the heart with something like floral maybe, than Drakkar Noir. Really a fine fine scent. I have it and enjoy wearing it very much.

For swaps and sales at Basenotes you have to use the Marketplace section only, and need to be qualified to use that (be a member for a year, have 500 posts (500 right, gents?), or become a supporter).
    Last edited by DustB; 12th August 2010 at 02:08 AM.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Jonny,
    It's a great juice--a bit more wet at the heart with something like floral maybe, than Drakkar Noir. Really a fine fine scent. I have it and enjoy wearing it very much.

For swaps and sales at Basenotes you have to use the Marketplace section only, and need to be qualified to use that (be a member for a year, have 500 posts (500 right, gents?), or become a supporter.
    ok. thanks for the input

and thank u for telling me about the rules for swaping and sales. i didnt know that. thanks alot

I've never smelled Duc de Vervins before, so I'm really interested in hearing peoples' impressions of this. I think Luca Turin called this one of the worst fougeres he'd ever smelled, but I've also heard of similarity to Drakkar Noir, a scent I love. Sounds pretty good to me. This can't be as bad as Turin describes it.

A great fragrance. I have had this for many years. Very classy.

I found in it an immense dose of distinction, hard to come by amongst most of the mainstream frags

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

The
    Duc de Vervins is a mean old man, then
    I much prefer the Baron de Firenze!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Someone once described this as a 'boardroom fragrance' to me, and I think that sort of captures the feeling of it. Handsome, dignified, but also slightly serious and anxious to impress.

Sometimes I can wear it, especially if a professional occasion calls for that tone, but generally, I don't wear it. It's very well-constructed and elegant, yet a bit staid and conventional, 'safe.' in other words, not much fun... My opinion, of course.

But you try it, and see what it does for you.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shamu1 View Post
    ....I think Luca Turin called this one of the worst fougeres he'd ever smelled...
    Psst! *whispers* Over here. He also said Beyond Paradise for Men was wonderful..........

Duc de Vervins is Drakker Noir in a suit and better trained in elocution and manners. I would hold on to this uncommon gem.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

The bottle alone enticed me to test it years ago at Nordstrom's. I remember liking it, but I can't recall the exact nature of it's scent right now.