Code of Conduct

Default What Kind of longevity do you get from ACQUA DI SELVA?

Acqua di Selva is one of my all-time favorites, and was my SotD today. Almost all of the reviews I've read of AdS mention that its longevity is awful, that the smell is practically gone before the juice even dries on your skin.

I don't have that experience at all with AdS. In fact, I can smell this on myself for 6 or 7 hours after I apply it. I'm wondering if I have a different version of this. I believe Victor used to make this. I have the current version by Visconti di Modrone. Maybe the other reviewers had an older version that was weaker.

So I'm asking all you Acqua di Selva wearers to chime in and comment on what kind of longevity you get out of this scent.

Default Re: What Kind of longevity do you get from ACQUA DI SELVA?

I've sampled this one on a number of occasions (the Visconti version, not the older Victor version)
    I really want to like it because of its historical roots and I just think it ought to be a really classic scent...but unfortunately I haven't found anything I like about it. I get about 3 hours out of it, after which time it just fades to a skin scent, and I find the smell to be thin and fairly generically citrus-y with a soapy, vaguely pine-like background, but again, it's all very thin and non-descript, very "modern manufactured" smelling. I have found no magic in it, and have pretty much given up on it.
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."