Code of Conduct

Default How much do you think this old Mitsouko bottle should be worth?

Hi everyone,

I've started this thread in the Male Fragrance section, but someone helpfully suggested I ought to move it here: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/257...itsouko-Bottle

Is anyone able to advise on the Mitsouko bottle in question?

Please note that the bottle shown in the picture is NOT the same as the bottle in the antique shop. The bottle in the shop is the 'traditonal' design similar to the one in which Mitsouko is sold today.

Thanks for your help.
    ---

I am a Jasmine Award winning fragrance critic, amateur perfumer, Basenotes contributor and regular columnist for Esprit Magazine. My perfume guide, Le Snob: Perfume, is published by Hardie Grant. Click on its title for more info.

For giveaways, reviews of new perfume releases and thoughts on all sorts of scent-related matters, please visit Persolaise.com or find me on Twitter or Facebook.

Many thanks.

Default Re: How much do you think this old Mitsouko bottle should be worth?

I would suggest you use ebay as a good resource in pricing bottles. Search for vintage Mitsouko and see what similar bottles sell for.
    I have this exact bottle full of vintage Mitsouko extrait, and as I recall, I paid around 70 euros for it. I felt that a fair price, though full, many have paid more.
    As others have suggested, it has little value in the condition you've found it, except to perhaps a collector who would like to flesh out their collection. Even if it had some original perfume in it, it would make it more desirable.

Okay, thanks very much indeed for taking the time to reply.
    ---

I am a Jasmine Award winning fragrance critic, amateur perfumer, Basenotes contributor and regular columnist for Esprit Magazine. My perfume guide, Le Snob: Perfume, is published by Hardie Grant. Click on its title for more info.

For giveaways, reviews of new perfume releases and thoughts on all sorts of scent-related matters, please visit Persolaise.com or find me on Twitter or Facebook.

Many thanks.

Blog Entries

I once paid $30 for an empty box, but it was a mistake! I thought there was perfume in it. I was so mad. I checked the description, it did say that it was empty, so it was my fault for not being careful. I think this is a scam. There are lots of empties out there. Save your $ for one that has juice. It can be done. You just have to have patience.

Basenotes Institution

Agreed with all the above.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.