Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Byredo Seven Veils not a lot of discussion here on this one..

Any shared thoughts? And could a guy pull this one off?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Byredo Seven Veils not a lot of discussion here on this one..

hmmm, interesting choice there. I've had this debate with about 4 people. I always thought it was masculine since there's quite a bit of clove and wood in there, but a few people think it's feminine with the vanilla. I guess it just depends on your tastes for the notes. The Byredo line in general hasn't got much attention (I'll be doing a bunch of talking about it soon) but it's worth checking out for sure.

Have you just read about it or tried it on? I can probably get you some samples to work with if you haven't smelled them, just PM me.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Sampled this along with four other ones recently at Barneys NY: Oud Immortel, Bal D'Afrique, Mr. Marvelous, & Pulp and didn't like any of these. As far as your first question, I'm sure there are some guys who would wear it without a problem, but I found it too feminine for my taste.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sampled this along with four other ones recently at Barneys NY: Oud Immortel, Bal D'Afrique, Mr. Marvelous, & Pulp and didn't like any of these. .
    Because they were not from the "correct" country of origin?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

the 'design' work happens in NYC but the designer (Ben) lives in Sweden and the products are actually made there too.

Hednic - the ones you chose, well I don't think they're the best of the line to be honest. The Accord Oud is IMO his best work and fairly close to a real oud smell, Gypsy Water has some complexity and wears very nicely, and Bal D'Afrique I do think it really beautiful, sophisticated, and complex. Blanche is a 'useful' frag IMO because it really just smells like a basic clean smell,without the usual synthetic soapyness you might usually get there. just my $0.02
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 16th December 2011 at 06:53 AM.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I sampled this in Liberty's a few weeks back. A bit too sweet for my liking as far as I can recall.

I used to quite like Byredo as a house but recently they seem to be churning out too many new releases in a short space of time. Never appreciate this sort of behaviour I must say!

Post Thanks / Like

Got a sample and have worn it at work. I LIKE Seven Veils. It's on my wishlist along with the "love it or hate it" M/MINK. It is sweet, but I think it's totally wearable for guys.