Code of Conduct

Default Byredo Seven Veils not a lot of discussion here on this one..

Any shared thoughts? And could a guy pull this one off?

Default Re: Byredo Seven Veils not a lot of discussion here on this one..

hmmm, interesting choice there. I've had this debate with about 4 people. I always thought it was masculine since there's quite a bit of clove and wood in there, but a few people think it's feminine with the vanilla. I guess it just depends on your tastes for the notes. The Byredo line in general hasn't got much attention (I'll be doing a bunch of talking about it soon) but it's worth checking out for sure.

Have you just read about it or tried it on? I can probably get you some samples to work with if you haven't smelled them, just PM me.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, Lavender Palm, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Sampled this along with four other ones recently at Barneys NY: Oud Immortel, Bal D'Afrique, Mr. Marvelous, & Pulp and didn't like any of these. As far as your first question, I'm sure there are some guys who would wear it without a problem, but I found it too feminine for my taste.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Sampled this along with four other ones recently at Barneys NY: Oud Immortel, Bal D'Afrique, Mr. Marvelous, & Pulp and didn't like any of these. .
    Because they were not from the "correct" country of origin?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

the 'design' work happens in NYC but the designer (Ben) lives in Sweden and the products are actually made there too.

Hednic - the ones you chose, well I don't think they're the best of the line to be honest. The Accord Oud is IMO his best work and fairly close to a real oud smell, Gypsy Water has some complexity and wears very nicely, and Bal D'Afrique I do think it really beautiful, sophisticated, and complex. Blanche is a 'useful' frag IMO because it really just smells like a basic clean smell,without the usual synthetic soapyness you might usually get there. just my $0.02
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 16th December 2011 at 07:53 AM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, Lavender Palm, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I sampled this in Liberty's a few weeks back. A bit too sweet for my liking as far as I can recall.

I used to quite like Byredo as a house but recently they seem to be churning out too many new releases in a short space of time. Never appreciate this sort of behaviour I must say!

Got a sample and have worn it at work. I LIKE Seven Veils. It's on my wishlist along with the "love it or hate it" M/MINK. It is sweet, but I think it's totally wearable for guys.