Code of Conduct

Cool which is more sensuous? CDG 'WONDERWOOD' or CDGxARTEX 'Standard'

Hi guys, just wanting a little help with your opinions, both wonderwood and standard are warm and pencil-like sophisticated smell and well infused with cedarwood. wonderwood is packed with pepper, nutmeg, incense, and of course, woods while standard is crafted from twinflower, ginger, fennel, saffron, and indian tea(which smells like cummin). Well which of them is more sexy and sensuous to you guys. Thanks

Default Re: which is more sensuous? CDG 'WONDERWOOD' or CDGxARTEX 'Standard'

I was dieing to know as Im thinking of buying Wonderwood, but no ones replied. Which do you prefer?

I think of the two, Wonderwood is more sensual. it sits close to the skin, and draws people in to sniff it. It jas a kind of "dewy" aspect.
    Artek Standard is more like a sharp, dry "green frankincense" (as I like to call it), and can be smelled from afar. Both are fabulous releases, but Wonderwood definitely crosses the line first in terms of a style of scent that is more sensual.

I agreed with the Sorcerer initially when I did a side / side test of the two & I bashed wonderwood to high heaven when it first came out. HOWEVER .... Standard is SO close in the running that neither one comes in second. Wonderwood is definitely the 'smoother' of the two but there is something about that slight bite that Standard has. I think it's really going to boil down to the person and situation you're with and in and YOU of course. Either can work for you.

After a few hours comparison of these two side by side -
    Standard wins as the most sensuous of the two for what it's worth
    Last edited by SoGent; 21st September 2010 at 12:41 AM. Reason: comparison update

Everyday I look at Wonderwood on ebay and hover over the To Buy button. Its def my kinda scent and I really like Standard, but having tried it twice on a strip, it seemed to disappear. So to buy or cautio and try it once more on skin? Lifes full of decisions!

Hmm, I wouldn't describe either of these as sensuous. Wood dominated fragrances just don't strike me that way.

I recently had the chance to try all of the CdG 'woody' frags at Noor boutique in Toronto.

After overwhelming my nose with tester strips, I sprayed four on skin: kyoto, artek, hinoki, and wonderwood.

Artek was my least favourite. Both it and Hinoki were very different from the other two to my nose. Artek and Hinoki both smelt very cool and green, contrasting the warmer scents of the other two frags I tried. The Artek seemed to disappear for me fairly quickly. Hinoki was very interesting, smells just like a hot cedar sauna. Both scents are very dry and remind me more of cut wood that an actual forest.

So my answer to your question is that I think Wonderwood would be by far more 'sensual'. I think it's more of a 'cuddling' scent than Artek. The drydown had a wonderful depth of warm woods that comforted my nose rather than blasted it with cold notes I smelt in Artek & Hinoki. Wonderwood is much more wearable in my opinion.

Anyways, walked out of the store with Kyoto - so you know which my favourite was.

Wonderwood probably.
    Artek Standard is more like an office scent that says "I actually have taste"

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Hmm, I wouldn't describe either of these as sensuous.

Neither would I.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    Artek Standard is more like an office scent that says "I actually have taste"
    Agree on Standard. Even though I don't get any sensuality out of Wonderwood. I quite like it but It's too mannered to be considered sensual.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I agree about the sensual thing. For sensual, I think it's more usual to consider musk, amber, vanilla, tobacco, indole, spice etc.
    Still, with its the denser quality I would say wonderwood is closer to that than artek.

buy them both, and at least you'll end up by having two good fragrances

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quite surprise that whenever I wear CdG perfumes ( especially CdG Man, Tar, CdG eau de parfum, Wonderwood... ), I get more good compliments. I love CdG not just because CdG isvery daring,creative, and different but people around me love CdG on me.

About the question, I must say, Wonderwood. This scent is strong,masculin, and sexy.

I wouldn't describe any of those as sensuous, however Wonderwood is a great fragrance with good silage.
    Current top 5
    1. Creed Vintage Tabaróme
    2. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Absolue pour le Soir
    3. Comme des Garçons 8 88
    4. Montale Black Musk
    5. Profumum Antico Caruso

by sensual are you implying you would wear this to bed with your partner?
    If so, neither - unless your partner specifically liked the smell.

Wonderwood is something that stays really close to the skin but leaves a drifting trail as you walk - its woody that's meditative.
    And I agree, 'Artek Standard is more like an office scent that says "I actually have GREAT taste"' - its a day time wear.

They are both not bedroom quality, but if I have to choose, I'll pick the one that's to the liking of my partner. =)

Quote Originally Posted by echoboomer View Post
    I recently had the chance to try all of the CdG 'woody' frags at Noor boutique in Toronto.

After overwhelming my nose with tester strips, I sprayed four on skin: kyoto, artek, hinoki, and wonderwood.

Artek was my least favourite. Both it and Hinoki were very different from the other two to my nose. Artek and Hinoki both smelt very cool and green, contrasting the warmer scents of the other two frags I tried. The Artek seemed to disappear for me fairly quickly. Hinoki was very interesting, smells just like a hot cedar sauna. Both scents are very dry and remind me more of cut wood that an actual forest.

So my answer to your question is that I think Wonderwood would be by far more 'sensual'. I think it's more of a 'cuddling' scent than Artek. The drydown had a wonderful depth of warm woods that comforted my nose rather than blasted it with cold notes I smelt in Artek & Hinoki. Wonderwood is much more wearable in my opinion.

Anyways, walked out of the store with Kyoto - so you know which my favourite was.
    When I sniffed through a bunch of CdG's offerings, they didn't have Hinoki, but it came down to Wonderwood and Kyoto. I ended up going with Wonderwood because it seemed to fit more of what I was looking for at the time, even though I was expecting to buy Kyoto before I started. Kyoto's still on the list of things to get eventually.

Sound Scents

Yeah, I was thinking that too... That said, I *do* like Wonderwood quite a bit and recommend it anyway.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)