Code of Conduct

Default Your Wardrobe - Why/When You Wear It!

I've seen quite a few wardrobe critique posts so why not condense it and get to the root. Everyone's taste is different so putting down your wardrobe and why/when you wear it seems more logical and a better way to 'critique'.

For example, mine...

A*Men Pure Malt - going out winter scent that's romantic and mature. I like how blended it is, the patchouli and malted whiskey note.
    Abercrombie Fierce - year round fragrance when I want to get noticed, sexy crowd pleaser. It's quality, sharp, woody and leaves an amazing scent trail.
    Bond No. 9 Fire Island - fun unique beach fragrance for summer. The best beachy fragrance I've smelled, lasts and projects and always reminds me of the beach.
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem - delicious night time winter time gourmand, fits well for a jazz club or any chill place like a cafe. When I feel laid back and enjoying the finer things in life at night. Smells so delicious I'd like to taste it
    Burberry London - my favorite fall fragrance, very festive, evokes memories and girls love it. Reminds me of pumpkin pie, christmas and thanksgiving.
    Fuel For Life - unique attention getting club fragrance. I love the unique raspberry lavender note and it leaves a strong trail that cuts through a lot of things.
    Grey Vetiver - Love sniffing it, feels formal and sophisticated yet modern. Often wear it to work.
    Gucci Pour Homme II - perfect year round and any time where subtly is key like a first date, school and especially in fall.
    Hypnotic Poison - Sexy, seductive gourmand for the winter and loud enough to get attention at club/bar, for when I'm 'hunting'
    Infusion D'Homme - For when I feel sharp and dressing fashionable and it works very well at work, feels clean.
    La Nuit De L'Homme - sexy attention getter, for when I want to get noticed. Never fails. Sexy time fragrance!
    M7 - Perfect for a formal night out, I call it the cougar catcher lol. For when I'm feeling bold
    Mugler Cologne - Subtle, fresh and invigorating. Love it right out of a shower or before the gym. Reminds me of Irish Spring soap and that freshly showered feeling.
    Paris Hilton Man - Fruity, fun and flirty. When I feel casual, spontaneous and energetic
    Rochas Man - Perfect for romantic occasions and very seductive and sensitive. It's not overpowering yet strong enough to get noticed. It's soft and very pleasing. Reminds me of a lot of first dates since I've worn on first dates quite a bit and the ones where I ended up dating the girl for a while.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Default Re: Your Wardrobe - Why/When You Wear It!

A*Men Pure Malt - sexy sweet daily/evening romantic and clubing scent for winter. I love sweet patchouli on this and it reminds me Angel for women. Currently it's summer and I use it just for my joy before going to bed but I plan to make it my signature during winter (hopefully with backup bottles it will last me few years)

Acqua Di Gio - my office scent for summer. Its almost impossible to overspray with it and except of synthetic opening its very easy for your nose. I wont buy another bottle of it tho, because its bit feminine for my taste and there are plenty aquatics to try.

Armani Code
    - everybody loves it.. except of me. Its not bad, but nothing that would wow me. I sometime wear it to office and I consider it being better daily than evening scent. I would sell it but I have good memories about awesome sex with 1 beautiful lady when I wore it.. (No I didnt get her on Code . It was actually Gucci II that she loved on me ) so it will stay in my wardrobe.

Black Suede Touch - sexy peppery vanilla. Reminds me lot YSL La Nuit L'Homme. Its IMO evening scent for MATURE man, any weather and has signature potential... but I have other favourites for this events so I use it mostly just before going to bed.

Body Kouros - sex in the bottle. 1 spray and you are set for next 10 hours in summer, 2 sprays and you are good for whole evening in winter. I use it when I want seduce with fragrance.

Bulgari Aqua pour Homme
    - my entry into world of fragrances that was also my signature for half year. Original, fantastic opening.. has bad habit to turn sour on my skin so I use it rarely now. Its my choice for rainy days in work.

Dior Homme - sweet, luxurious, elegant. I tried to wear it daily but its too special for casual office wear so I keep it for formal and semi formal clothes.

Encre Noire - wow. This is so special. Signature fragrance potential. If I had pick just 2 fragrances for my wardrobe it would be Pure Malt for cold days and Encre Noire for rest.. Sexy, masculine, outstanding longetivity (2 sprays on chest lasts easy 12+ hours on me).

Gucci PH II - If i had to pick just 1 fragrance to wear year around it wouldnt be Pure Malt or Encre Noire.. but this. Its me in the bottle. Gentle, warm yet refreshing. My office scent for spring.

Nightflight - masculine old school fresh fragrance (ok I didnt smell many old school fragrances but it has such vibe to me). I use it with shirt and short trousers when I want smell good without making any special statement or for sport. It will be my summer choice once bottle of ADG is gone.

Pi - this 1 had lot of wearing during last winter. My daily winter office fragrance. Unoffensive, comfortable, long lasting.

Rochas Man - I often describe it as coffee with dirty flowers. I was huge fan of it till I smelled Pure Malt... Now I plan to use it just sometime as office fragrance in winter.

CK One - I loved it first, now it smells feminine and synthetic to me. My mother uses it more than me. Its obvious summer choice.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Knize Ten, Armani Eau pour Homme, even Chanel Antaeus- sheer formality, with a twist, the kind of frags I want to wear when I want to feel elegant, yet without giving up a certain note of artistic individuality

Versace Blue Jeans, Guerlain Vetiver, Gucci Envy for Men- informality, again with a twist, when I want to feel relaxed and pleasantly refreshed, yet without giving up a certain touch of style

Francesco Smalto pour Homme, Horizon by Guy Laroche, even Ungaro III- frags which I love, even if just for the reason that they are so unique and creative, that they evade any predictable sort of description

4711, Tabac Original- apparently, mass market frags, but with a certain cleanliness and timeless appeal , which makes them almost ideal for uncomplicated everybody wear

Bulgari pour Homme Soir - warm weather, romatic occasions
    Chanel Pour Monsieur - warm weather, sometimes as my day scent but I see it fitting a formal occasion
    Azzaro Chrome - defintely a casual warm weather scent....sort of my "throw something on - summer" scent
    Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme - not really sure....like it but don't love it. Won't be renewing once my near-empty bottle runs out
    L'Occitane Eau des Baux - see this as a great fall scent, but can be worn in summer. Different occasions, leaning to the casual...wear when I work my weekend bartending job
    Grey Flannel - rainy dreary day
    Aramis Havana - warm weather, day or night....like to wear this one when I am going to the track, or otherwise gambling
    Kenzo pour Homme - daytime scent, warmer weather, especially spring
    Divine L'Homme Sage - romantic wear, colder weather
    Creed Millésime Impérial - special occasions during warmer weather...going to a beach bar/pool party
    Cartier Must de Cartier pour Homme - winter, night out, romantic wear
    Chanel Platinum Égoïste - one of my favorites. day/night/romantic very flexible....smells classy to me, especially like wearing while playing poker tournaments
    Rochas Man - cooler weather, nights out with or prowling for younger women (college age)
    Versace The Dreamer - really not sure...maybe fall weather...have heard romantic use, but not sure
    Vicky Tiel Ulysse - occasional warm weather casual scent

If anybody has recommendations or suggestion for a better use, I'm open to them!

Burberry Brit - fancy dinner date, any kind of formal event
    Pi Givenchy - just like Brit, this is a warm cozy scent that i use for candle light dinners or when i make a girl dinner or soemthing like that
    Bvlgari BLV Notte - any kind of formal event where i need to dress nice, but isnt as much of a secret weapon as Brit and Pi. i will also use this for just going out with friends if we are going somewhere nice
    L'Instant De Guerlain(will get this one by tomorrow)- I will probably put this in the same class of Brit and Pi for me. A very formal scent that i will wear when im in a more sophisticated, classy, formal event. whether it be a fancy diner date or something else. Probably going to be my suit and tie fragrance.
    Kiton Men, Boss Selection- These are suit and tie fragrances, but i also use it as a "watever" fragrance. i could use it whenever i want to smell good at any occasion.
    Aqua Di Gio, Le Male Summer frgrance, B*Men, Givenchy Pour Homme- to me, whenever im going somewhere, just stepping out of the house, going out with friend. going to dinner with buddies where im not neccesarily dying to impress someone, these are what i whip out

p.s. i wore givenchy pour homme right before i stepped out the hosue to go to dinner with my buddies. while i was walking out, a female was walking the opposite direction to go to her apartment and she stopped and said "ohh! wow u smell good"

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    I've seen quite a few wardrobe critique posts so why not condense it and get to the root. Everyone's taste is different so putting down your wardrobe and why/when you wear it seems more logical and a better way to 'critique'.

For example, mine...

A*Men Pure Malt - going out winter scent that's romantic and mature. I like how blended it is, the patchouli and malted whiskey note.
    Abercrombie Fierce - year round fragrance when I want to get noticed, sexy crowd pleaser. It's quality, sharp, woody and leaves an amazing scent trail.
    Bond No. 9 Fire Island - fun unique beach fragrance for summer. The best beachy fragrance I've smelled, lasts and projects and always reminds me of the beach.
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem - delicious night time winter time gourmand, fits well for a jazz club or any chill place like a cafe. When I feel laid back and enjoying the finer things in life at night. Smells so delicious I'd like to taste it
    Burberry London - my favorite fall fragrance, very festive, evokes memories and girls love it. Reminds me of pumpkin pie, christmas and thanksgiving.
    Fuel For Life - unique attention getting club fragrance. I love the unique raspberry lavender note and it leaves a strong trail that cuts through a lot of things.
    Grey Vetiver - Love sniffing it, feels formal and sophisticated yet modern. Often wear it to work.
    Gucci Pour Homme II - perfect year round and any time where subtly is key like a first date, school and especially in fall.
    Hypnotic Poison - Sexy, seductive gourmand for the winter and loud enough to get attention at club/bar, for when I'm 'hunting'
    Infusion D'Homme - For when I feel sharp and dressing fashionable and it works very well at work, feels clean.
    La Nuit De L'Homme - sexy attention getter, for when I want to get noticed. Never fails. Sexy time fragrance!
    M7 - Perfect for a formal night out, I call it the cougar catcher lol. For when I'm feeling bold
    Mugler Cologne - Subtle, fresh and invigorating. Love it right out of a shower or before the gym. Reminds me of Irish Spring soap and that freshly showered feeling.
    Paris Hilton Man - Fruity, fun and flirty. When I feel casual, spontaneous and energetic
    Rochas Man - Perfect for romantic occasions and very seductive and sensitive. It's not overpowering yet strong enough to get noticed. It's soft and very pleasing. Reminds me of a lot of first dates since I've worn on first dates quite a bit and the ones where I ended up dating the girl for a while.
    Nice list. That would make a great video for your youtube channel or did you scrap that? Also Rochas Man is on sale at perfumania.com for $24 for the 50ml and $34 for the 100ml and they have free shipping.

Adidas Moves - Nice fresh, cheap and totally inoffensive, Great for after working out
    Aqua Nautilus - I love this little known gem, I wear it for a night out or date, despite all the expensive fragrances I have this one without a doubt gets me the most compliments, I always get told what a sexy scent it is.
    Cereus No 4 - This one is nice but honestly the only reason I ever bought it is because I came across it for ten bucks, can't beat something being over 90% off and full
    Creed Bois du Portugal - A very sophisticated fragrance that requires a suit and tie in my opinion, I love it but I'll never own a large bottle because I don't think I'd ever use it all
    Chanel Pour Monsieur - Slightly formal fragrance that just says good taste in my opinion even if it's not for everyone.
    Serge Lutens Chergui - I don't think I have a certain time I set this one aside for, but I love wearing it, smells amazing and is one of the few gourmand fragrances I've ever tried and loved
    Escada Homme - Love the boozy feel of this one, great for cool weather and dirt cheap for how good it smells
    Creed Green Irish Tweed - Always my scent of choice for a date, I have yet to meet a non-basenoter that does not love this fragrance, has the absolute perfect mix of masculine and sensual
    Creed Himalaya - Great for cooler weather, I love to wear it any day the air feels crisp and fresh outside
    Diptyque Philosykos - My go to day time summer and spring fragrance, fresh and beautiful
    Xerjoff Uden - One of the most divine and unique smelling fragrances I have yet to encounter, I don't know how it's possible but it feels completely fresh and gourmand all at the same time. I rarely wear this one because of the cost, even though I managed to snag it for half off :-D
    Creed Windsor - My favorite fragrance of all time, this is one of the best smells I've ever encountered in my life, period. Words can't describe how much I love Windsor, I'd marry it if I could lol. Figures it would be a ******* limited edition. It's so versatile as well, you could wear it with a suit or on a date and it would fit the role of professional or sensual perfectly.

Still tons I wish were in my wardrobe but I just can't afford them right now unfortunately.