Code of Conduct

Talking Compliment on Erolfa after 10 HOURS

Yes, at 6:45 a.m. this morning I did 4 shots, 2 on pulse points on neck, one to each wrist, and at 5pm today, my 61 year old male boss goes "damn you smell good, you goin trollin today or what???" He kept on it too, wouldn't let it go, guy loved this stuff.

I'm new to frags, and i read a hell of a lot of posts on here about creed longevity, but man am I impressed with this stuff.

At a very crowded bar the other weekend, after about 5-6 hours after spraying, 4 girls could not keep their nose out of my neck, there were litterally treading places to get smells.

Hats off to Erolfa, i'll be wearing this stuff for many many many summers to come.

Default Re: Compliment on Erolfa after 10 HOURS

One more thing, he was about 2-3 feet away when he got the first whiff. Don't think he was all up on me, the stuff was still projecting

Good to hear Erolfa works like magic on your skin.
    Be very happy that you have found a fragrance that does this.
    I think essentially all the Basenoters are searching for a fragrance that does this on their skin.

Terre d'Hermes and GIT do that for me.

thanks... I didn't think it was possible to get this out of a frag after my first 10 "bad buys".

Quote Originally Posted by davepar3 View Post
    thanks... I didn't think it was possible to get this out of a frag after my first 10 "bad buys".
    What are your 10 bad buys?

I've found Erolfa to have amazing longevity as well. What I like about Erolfa is is that it's an aquatic that smells like it was made for human skin. Some aquatics are nice, but they're so fresh and detergent-like that they seem kind of tacked-on when you wear them. Erolfa seems to get into your skin and meld nicely with your chemisty, all the while radiating nicely for the whole day and night. It feels a bit "lived-in". I smell it and it makes me think of lying around on a yacht at sea, lazy late afternoon, maybe having just smoked a cigarette. Very rich and intense--I find it the have a very bold personality amongst all aquatics.

Nice to hear about the compliments.

I wore Erolfa to the office today, and hell yes, it is very, very fine stuff. Wears well into the afternoon.

I confess, though: when I wear this one, I bring a travel-size bottle in my briefcase, so I can enjoy a refresher spray if/when I want one. I put it on at 8a, and gave myself a booster shot at 4:30. Damn, nice. . .

Quote Originally Posted by JBL View Post
    What are your 10 bad buys?
    lol...i knew that was coming.

Well...might have exaggerated with 10, but, a couple of the all stars were

Beckham Signature
    Guess Man
    Chanel Allure (bought blind, cannot stand the smell of this)
    Allure Sport (bought blind again, can't stand this either)
    Gucci Pour Homme II (bought blind AGAIN f***! ... stuff made me want to gag)
    Creed GIT (last of my blind buys, I know, returned to fragnet for Himalaya which I love)

I really just started a few months ago by pulling out my old cologn bag from who knows how many years ago. I had Givenchy by Givenchy, Baldisarroni (sp), Kenneth Cole Reaction, a 10 yr old bottle of Abercrombie...ect . No major all stars

After getting burned on all my blind buying, I finally decided to quit doing it (lesson learned ). So after doing a couple sniff trips to the local Macy's I decided to sack up and walk into Neimans and smell the Creeds. I smelled....

MI: Smells like saltwater to me, and only saltwater, not a fan
    OV: Smells like green stuff at barber, not a fan
    And a few others, can't remember, but at the end I go, "what's ur fav" to the creed rep.

She goes, EROLFA! So I get some on a spray card....at this point my nose was I la la land and I had no idea what I was smelling. I got home and put the card in my cabinent...picked it up the next day, smelled it, and was like "oh wow", this stuff is incredible. Def my type of scent (along with himalaya). I had an order with fragnet within 10 mins...ended up getting a good 2008 fresh bottle that, as I mentioned above, LASTS FOREVER!

Anyways, few bottles i'm thinking about next are Mulger cologne and DG Pour Homme, and probably another bottle of Himalaya. I get pretty good longevity out of Himalaya also.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I've found Erolfa to have amazing longevity as well. What I like about Erolfa is is that it's an aquatic that smells like it was made for human skin. Some aquatics are nice, but they're so fresh and detergent-like that they seem kind of tacked-on when you wear them. Erolfa seems to get into your skin and meld nicely with your chemisty, all the while radiating nicely for the whole day and night. It feels a bit "lived-in". I smell it and it makes me think of lying around on a yacht at sea, lazy late afternoon, maybe having just smoked a cigarette. Very rich and intense--I find it the have a very bold personality amongst all aquatics.

Nice to hear about the compliments.
    I couldn't agree more, the stuff wears with you, not on you. Guess that's the only way to describe it. Beautiful stuff. Really mixes well with skin.

I haven't tried Erolfa yet, but I wear Silver Mountain Water often, and get incredible longevity from it. Problem is, the sillage is fairly weak. I sprayed some on this AM before leaving Vegas. In Denver, I stopped in one of those awful smoking lounges for a cigarette, and those things typically leave you smelling like an ashtray after 5 minutes. When I got home and hugged my wife, she complimented me on how good I smelled.

MI on the other hand seems to have no staying power whatsoever.

Gucci Pour Homme II (bought blind AGAIN f***! ... stuff made me want to gag)
    I don't know how one could not like that fragrance. But at any rate, one man's trash is another man's treasure. So what are you gonna do with the bottle, cuz I could definetely take it off of your hands. Maybe we can swap or something. GPH2 happens to be my favorite fragrance. I still have about a third of my bottle left, and have no idea when I'll finish that since I have so many colognes. But yeah...let me know...

Blog Entries

Good to hear about your compliments. I haven't had any yet, but even so EROLFA is one of my favorites. Beautiful fragrance with great longevity.

Wish I hadn't read this thread until later though. I am planning to wear Terre d'Hermes on Friday for Synchronized Hermes day, but now I'm wanting to wear Erolfa. Oh well, I'll decide in the morning.

Agreed. I like Erolfa very much. It is one of the Creeds in my collection with best longevity (the other is Tabarome). It is a different aquatic. It`s fresh, but also herbal and spicy. Great stuff!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Erolfa, generously applied, is quite long lasting. It is definitely not one of those "half-spray" frags. After a few hours, Erolfa is actually more noticed by others than by the wearer whose nose may have become used to it or fatigued.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    I don't know how one could not like that fragrance. But at any rate, one man's trash is another man's treasure. So what are you gonna do with the bottle, cuz I could definetely take it off of your hands. Maybe we can swap or something. GPH2 happens to be my favorite fragrance. I still have about a third of my bottle left, and have no idea when I'll finish that since I have so many colognes. But yeah...let me know...
    well...would def send it your way but I sent it back to fragnet for a refund...

btw....a few people have mentioned "good to hear about the compliments". Guess i'm not the only ocd person on her that wonders if anybody can actually smell what i'm wearing..

one more thing.... my boss, again, today, a day after he made the comment, was STILL talking about it. I shit you not, he brought it up again today. I work in a pretty conservitive office and I don't think any of these people have ever sniffed a creed before... so the effect it's having so far is pretty incredible.

I also find Erolfa to be very long lasting as well. I get anywhere from 7-9 hours with 5-6 sprays. One of Creed's most under-rated fragrances IMO.

Allure Sport (bought blind again, can't stand this either)
    Creed GIT (last of my blind buys, I know, returned to fragnet for Himalaya which I love)
    Two of the most highly regarded fragrances in the industry, really don't know what's not to like and what there is you can't stand

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Not a huge fan of this myself, as documented it doesn't project too well. To me Bulgari pour Homme/Extreme are both similar fragrances I own that I think are better, but admittedly I need to give GPH2 a few more wearings as it wasn't what I was expecting the first time I tried it

Also have no longevity problems with Erolfa

I only need 3 sprays of Erolfa to make it last 8-10 hours.

Erolfa's an odd one for me. Smells like a light MI minus the watermelon note and SMW with the tea note being replaced by the saltiness of MI and an almost non existent black currant note. I get very little projection and longevity out of it and still on the fence whether to give it another shot.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

I have no luck with Erolfa at all.....This is gone in about 2 hours on my skin! I'm happy for everyone that finds this to be a Great fragrance.....I wish this worked for me!!!
    Gary

Nah, sorry I just don't believe this.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

No way this happened. OP is doing subtle trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    I agree, I've tested Erolfa many many times, and it never lasts and I've got skin that will breath life in the most hopeless of fragrances. 10 hours? No way.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    I've tested it several times and I'm lucky to get 4 to 5 hours. Aquatics that last 10 hours you could count on one hand and Erolfa isn't one of them.
    Summer 2014 favorites

1. Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche (orange)
    2. Dueto Citiver (Vetiver)
    3. Dior Homme Sport 2012 (Citron)
    4. Lalique Encre Noire Sport (Woody)
    5. Dior Homme Eau (Iris)
    6.Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (Lemon)

7. Cartier Roadster (Mint)
    8. Joop Splash (Fruity)
    9. Lanvin L'homme Sport (Petitgrain))
    10. Jesus Del Pozo Adventure Quasar (Gin)

I've got to challenge the whole premise of this. There have been mutterings for a long time that there are Creed reps posting on Basenotes and when I see posts like this of a fragrance that is notoriously weak then it makes me question a lot of things. I'm not making any direct accusations here, but this is becoming ridiculous.

I have been around fragrances for many years and I have a good nose. I judge fragrances on how I find them. I am a big fan of some houses, Penhaligon's being an obvious one, but as anyone who read my recent review of Juniper Sling will testify, I am nothing but honest.

But come on, by anyone's estimation, Erofla is not a long lasting fragrance.

Come on, Creed reps on Basenotes? Really?

I actually like Erolfa out of the whole creed line next to GIT, and SMW, but man 10 hours!? The most I get out of a Creed is my GIT and that's about 4-7 hours.

Blog Entries

The whole bit about the compliments seems a bit exaggerated at best. Creed rep? Trolling? Seems likely, but who's to say.

It sounds like I am one of the lucky ones with Erolfa, though. I can honestly say I do get 10+ hours out of it. I must have gotten a good batch or it just works on me I guess. Either way, I'm thankful because I love Erolfa.

Basenotes Member

Hello everyone,

I think this thread took an unintentional turn for the worst so I'd like to share my experience to the OP. Ill admit I love a lot of creed fragrances but also don't care for several of them. I can't believe we think there are trolls on this board, just my humble opinion!

I tried on erolfa at NM and about 5 hours later was still enjoying it. I could still smell it in the shower at the sixth hour. Loved it and it is definitely on my short list to pick up.

Erolfa is a fantastic fragrance that has garnered many compliments when I wore it. But this was from my original bottle from the 1990's which has been requisitioned by my girlfriend and I don't use it much anymore. BUT back around 2002 the batches were much lighter in intensity and my second bottle I had to discard because it was so short lived that I actually thought I had been sold a fake fragrance. I continued to test Erolfa every time I run across it and most of the batches this decade have been sort of thin and lightweight. The last few years they seem to be coming back a little bit, but there is no doubt it lost most of its strength for a number of years. I hope they have restored its former strength and if they have I will buy another bottle.

I've worn Erolfa and had people on my elevator at home compliment me on my way up after work. I came into the thread eager to give my similar experience, only to find people accusing the OP of trolling. Am I trolling now? Why are people trying to be aggressive to the OP just because he had a good experience?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Not a Creed rep here, but some Creeds do have good longevity. I have a bottle of Himalaya and it can last the whole day (12+ hours).

I believe that people perceive smells I very different ways. Some fragrances can feel like they have "disappeared" to the person wearing them, but still be quite noticeable to others...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk